• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How Proud You Must Be of Crooked, Incompetent Biden

Personally, I judge people in office by what they do rather than what they say. I am pleasantly surprised by Mr. Biden's effectiveness given the polarization in Congress and the nation.

From the responses in this thread, my sample of "leftists" must be "utopian" leftists. They view Mr. Biden more as an opportunity lost than an opportunity gained (or a disaster avoided).

President Obama used to tell us not to let the perfect be the enemy of the good. Biden is not perfect and never claimed to be. Like Obama, he wants things like universal health care, free education, equal rights and treatment for all, humane treatment for refugees, rich people paying their fair share of taxes, etc.--everything that utopian leftists want. Biden and Obama just have realistic expectations of what can be achieved, given the reality of how the government works in the US. Despite their similar attitudes and approaches to governing, a lot of utopian leftists give Obama a pass where they cut no slack for Biden.

Woah woah woah. What's with all the alarmism? I said I understand and respect how things have to be done right now. Does it mean I should just shut up and join talking about "what we can do" instead of what we "should do"? I don't think so. all I'm saying is Biden is a settlement president, like they have been for many years since MONEY became the real decision maker. Big donors who don't chose how we vote yet choose who's on the menu need to GTFO.
Just one thing here, African Americans selected Joe Biden in the primaries... and then they turned out in great numbers to support him in the General Election. Biden wasn't the first choice. In fact, he was the first guy to make Georgia the leaping platform to the nomination in a while.
How do you think Biden or anyone on a major ticket gets there? Do you think we the people select who gets thrown in front of us and hammered at us VIA paid advertisements and privately funded debates? I mean if we chose our primary candidates then why are they wasting money on campaigns? This type of crap is happening up and down the ticket where the little guy who wants to effect change has to comply with the status quo for funding or sit his/her broke ass down.

I doubt the American public would promote most of these fucks if the entire election process was tax money funded. all these idiots (minus a few) are pay to win sock puppets serving the American people A or B options with both leading down the same keep the donors happy path.

But because this is all we see, we are to believe this is all that there is, so we play along with the happy to keep the bad people from hurting us game.
Sure, national elite... it has always been the national elite. At least we have an ability to influence who is in charge. You can whine about how imperfect our system is, but not supporting the Democrats will lead to the redaction of rights. We've already seen voting rights influenced to negatively impact African Americans in southern states almost immediately after the GOP SCOTUS justices gutted the Voting Rights Act. Abortion rights, gone. Incorporated paper having free speech, in. Not supporting the Dems over the past two decades has cost this country dearly.

So, choose you pedestal or fence wisely and enjoy. But please don't mistake your "principled" stand as meaning a damn thing.

Personally, I judge people in office by what they do rather than what they say. I am pleasantly surprised by Mr. Biden's effectiveness given the polarization in Congress and the nation.

From the responses in this thread, my sample of "leftists" must be "utopian" leftists. They view Mr. Biden more as an opportunity lost than an opportunity gained (or a disaster avoided).

President Obama used to tell us not to let the perfect be the enemy of the good. Biden is not perfect and never claimed to be. Like Obama, he wants things like universal health care, free education, equal rights and treatment for all, humane treatment for refugees, rich people paying their fair share of taxes, etc.--everything that utopian leftists want. Biden and Obama just have realistic expectations of what can be achieved, given the reality of how the government works in the US. Despite their similar attitudes and approaches to governing, a lot of utopian leftists give Obama a pass where they cut no slack for Biden.
The "utopian" leftists I know gave Mr. Obama a pass in the beginning but they were pretty disappointed with him by the middle to end of his 2nd term.

The "utopian" leftists I know gave Mr. Obama a pass in the beginning but they were pretty disappointed with him by the middle to end of his 2nd term.

True, but I doubt that many of them would claim to rather have eaten shit than voted for his reelection. Their reaction to Biden is very different from just being disappointed. It can be quite vehement.

Wow, yall really touchy. I didn't say "don't vote for demarcates!". I described the system as I see it and think it sucks. Voting for Biden is the best option. I agree. Should he be the best option? Hell no. Yipikaye MF.

Wow, yall really touchy. I didn't say "don't vote for demarcates!". I described the system as I see it and think it sucks. Voting for Biden is the best option. I agree. Should he be the best option? Hell no. Yipikaye MF.

Nobody has argued that Biden should be the best option. Absolutely nobody. I personally did not vote for him to win the nomination, and I do not want him to run for reelection. I still think that he was the best option in the general election, just as you do. He is neither crooked nor incompetent, and I'm certainly not going to trash him for his performance in office. Let the Republicans do that. That's their thing.

Nobody has argued that Biden should be the best option. Absolutely nobody. I personally did not vote for him to win the nomination, and I do not want him to run for reelection. I still think that he was the best option in the general election, just as you do.

Okey-doke. Yet, some seem to have an issue with my discussing other options judging by the ole "vote dem or die" mantra.

Nobody has argued that Biden should be the best option. Absolutely nobody. I personally did not vote for him to win the nomination, and I do not want him to run for reelection. I still think that he was the best option in the general election, just as you do.

Okey-doke. Yet, some seem to have an issue with my discussing other options judging by the ole "vote dem or die" mantra.

You are just engaging in hyperbole, and I can understand the frustration. I don't see a viable alternative to voting dem in our particular two-party political system, which all too often elects presidents that the majority of voters don't want and legislatures from the political party that most voters don't want. We can vote for splinter parties that seem to have a more progressive platform that we prefer, but that more often leads in the opposite direction of winning elections for either our splinter candidate or the dems. If you want to suggest a better voting strategy, I'd love to hear it.

After Obama said we are well on the way to energy independence, in 2015 Republicans voted to make the US export 30 percent of our oil. They got some Democrats to go along with this scheme by agreeing to provide some meager funding to renewables. Democrats under Trump tried to get this reversed but Trump refused.
And remember how expensive gas was when Trump was president?
Yes, I do. Here is link to a site that has the average US price of a gallon of gasoline adjusted for inflation ( Gas price adjusted for inflation 1978 to 2021). I do apologize that I cannot figure out how to get the table here, but in inflation-adjusted gas price for gas in the US was $3.101 in 2016 and fell to $3.049 in 2020. In 2021, it was $3.13. Looking at that table, inflation-adjusted gas was more expensive under Reagan, Bush, Clinton and Obama.

The Trump administration's plan to top off the Strategic Petroleum Reserve ran into a blockade Wednesday after lawmakers excluded $3 billion in funding for oil purchases from the massive stimulus package before Congress.

Senate Democrats took credit for stripping out that money from the Senate bill, unveiled Wednesday, calling it a “bailout” for the oil industry.

We’re so lucky the Dems blocked the plan to fill up the strategic reserve at record low prices.

After Obama said we are well on the way to energy independence, in 2015 Republicans voted to make the US export 30 percent of our oil. They got some Democrats to go along with this scheme by agreeing to provide some meager funding to renewables. Democrats under Trump tried to get this reversed but Trump refused.
Yes, I do. Here is link to a site that has the average US price of a gallon of gasoline adjusted for inflation ( Gas price adjusted for inflation 1978 to 2021). I do apologize that I cannot figure out how to get the table here, but in inflation-adjusted gas price for gas in the US was $3.101 in 2016 and fell to $3.049 in 2020. In 2021, it was $3.13. Looking at that table, inflation-adjusted gas was more expensive under Reagan, Bush, Clinton and Obama.

The Trump administration's plan to top off the Strategic Petroleum Reserve ran into a blockade Wednesday after lawmakers excluded $3 billion in funding for oil purchases from the massive stimulus package before Congress.

Senate Democrats took credit for stripping out that money from the Senate bill, unveiled Wednesday, calling it a “bailout” for the oil industry.

We’re so lucky the Dems blocked the plan to fill up the strategic reserve at record low prices.
"Top off", not "fill up".

Do you have someone in mind who would have been better AND beaten the Republican?

Do you have someone in mind who would have been better AND beaten the Republican?
Nope. Does this mean I should shut up now?

With all the fraud any Democrat would have won!

You are just engaging in hyperbole, and I can understand the frustration. I don't see a viable alternative to voting dem in our particular two-party political system, which all too often elects presidents that the majority of voters don't want and legislatures from the political party that most voters don't want. We can vote for splinter parties that seem to have a more progressive platform that we prefer, but that more often leads in the opposite direction of winning elections for either our splinter candidate or the dems. If you want to suggest a better voting strategy, I'd love to hear it.

I don't see a viable alternative either. The majority are just a ok with how things are. All the dirty money influencing elections since.... A long time ago.

Nope. Does this mean I should shut up now?
Please don't.

"Top off", not "fill up".
I miss they way he said Chynna.

Back
Top Bottom