• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

This war will end with Putin’s downfall. It’s the only way. Putin will be the final casualty. His military will eventually revolt.
Your expositions in posts #3217 and #3224 are excellent. They certainly tempered my more pessimistic view of the Russian invasion. Of course, only time will tell what the outcome will be, but I am now inclined to think your scenarios are realistic.

As for me, the best outcome would be for Putin to die. The sooner the better. Yes, I want him dead, and I don't care if his death is by natural causes or he expires in some Iulius Caesar type incident. This, I hope, will be swiftly followed by the new leader denouncing him similarly to the way Nikita Khrushchev got stuck into Stalin after that dictator died, then pointedly avoiding the euphemism "special military operation" calling it military invasion or war instead, describing it as a huge mistake, and announcing the immediate withdrawal of all Russian troops from Ukraine.

One can dream, right?
March 15th is just around the corner.

We haven’t heard from Barbos in quite some time. I hope he’s OK. I wonder if the Russians are completely blocking all western internet sites.

This war will end with Putin’s downfall. It’s the only way. Putin will be the final casualty. His military will eventually revolt.
Your expositions in posts #3217 and #3224 are excellent. They certainly tempered my more pessimistic view of the Russian invasion. Of course, only time will tell what the outcome will be, but I am now inclined to think your scenarios are realistic.

As for me, the best outcome would be for Putin to die. The sooner the better. Yes, I want him dead, and I don't care if his death is by natural causes or he expires in some Iulius Caesar type incident. This, I hope, will be swiftly followed by the new leader denouncing him similarly to the way Nikita Khrushchev got stuck into Stalin after that dictator died, then pointedly avoiding the euphemism "special military operation" calling it military invasion or war instead, describing it as a huge mistake, and announcing the immediate withdrawal of all Russian troops from Ukraine.

One can dream, right?
March 15th is just around the corner.
Neat idea ides.

Stop citing the fucking Mirror.

The article names 7 killed officers. Only three of them are actually generals (Major General Vitaly Gerasimov, Major General Andrei Sukhovetsky, General Magomed Tushaev), three are field officers (Lieutenant Colonel Dmitry Safronov, Colonel Konstantin Zizevsky, Lieutenant Colonel Denis Glebov), and one is undetermined (Warlord Vladimir Zhoga, misspelled by the Mirror as Zhonga). At the time of his death he commanded the Sparta Battalion. Battalions are part of a regiment and its commanders are usually lieutenant colonels. Regimental commanders are colonels, and divisions, which are a conglomerations of four or more regiments are headed by generals.

Hmmm...Nine?...That's a lot of generals...
See above.

I'm starting to think that the only country that can talk reason and sanity to Russia is China. China is a bully country also. However, they are famous for acting in their own best interest. My question: what the hell does China get from Russia? Oil and resources of course. But the costs for all resources are going through the roof now due to Russia. That is costing China also. The Russian invasion has united the world against imperialism. We are rushing through and further enhancing key defensive weapons that will all greatly benefit Taiwan also. Taiwan is learning the lesson of how to survive against a brutal bully. Many customers of China are turning away due to its ties to Putin. What does China get for its support of Putin?

I'm starting to think that the only country that can talk reason and sanity to Russia is China. China is a bully country also. However, they are famous for acting in their own best interest. My question: what the hell does China get from Russia? Oil and resources of course. But the costs for all resources are going through the roof now due to Russia. That is costing China also. The Russian invasion has united the world against imperialism. We are rushing through and further enhancing key defensive weapons that will all greatly benefit Taiwan also. Taiwan is learning the lesson of how to survive against a brutal bully. Many customers of China are turning away due to its ties to Putin. What does China get for its support of Putin?
China is another thug state. Do you honestly think it is going to condemn another thug state for doing the very things it does itself?

They were speaking about senior officers generally...

;)
What? The headline doesn't completely support the article it draws readers to? How novel. Does the mirror have two staff, one to write articles and one to write headlines? That's just cray cray.

I mean, i get yelled at if the section title isn't damn near a quotation of the topic learning objective, and the lesson has to support all the sections.

Someone told me I should buy ruples (sp). Is that even possible?
There are plenty of places you can go to convert money before you travel. Anyone who's deep in rubles is probably quite willing to sell. It's, what 10,000 rubles for about 80 bucks right now?

I might do that just to see the look on the clerk's face.
I need rubles, please? And do you know how much a Coke is in Moscow?

Does the mirror have two staff, one to write articles and one to write headlines? That's just cray cray
It's routine and typical for newspaper headlines to be written by sub-editors, while the copy is written by reporters.

That's how it's generally lieutenant colonelly done in the British press, at least.

;)
What? The headline doesn't completely support the article it draws readers to? How novel. Does the mirror have two staff, one to write articles and one to write headlines? That's just cray cray.

I mean, i get yelled at if the section title isn't damn near a quotation of the topic learning objective, and the lesson has to support all the sections.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-generals-rages-FSB-battlefield-failures.html

;)

Reporters never write headlines. Copy editors do, and then the headline must be approved by the slot editor, who is the head of the copy desk.

https://nypost.com/2022/03/10/fuming-putin-fires-generals-over-ukraine-invasion-losses/

"Enraged Russian President Vladimir Putin has gone on a tear, firing as many as eight generals over Moscow’s military losses in the invasion of Ukraine, Kyiv’s defense chief claims.

Ukraine Defense Secretary Oleksiy Danilov made the claim on Ukrainian TV Wednesday, according to the newspaper Ukrayinska Pravda.

“[The enemy] had about 8 generals removed from their posts because they did not complete the task. New ones have been appointed,” Danilov said.

“We clearly understand what is happening in the Russian Federation,” he added. “What’s more, I can tell they’re desperate.”

The claims by Danilov come amid other indications that all is not well in Moscow..."

"While Putin is busy firing Russian generals, the Ukrainians have been hard at work killing them..."

Reactions: SLD
Back
Top Bottom