• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

Just skimming through, I learned that:

1. Russia is actually winning.

2. The Ukrainian army has been destroyed.

3. Russia is now fighting NATO directly AND inflicting heavy losses!
You left out we're all on drugs as well.

Of course. I was taking a hit of "Ukro-nazi meth" when I was writing that post.

For those of you wondering how the fuck tiny Ukraine can do so well against Russia. It's because of intel.
Well, "so well" is a giant exageration. But it's true ukro-nazis are completely dependent on US, including supply of "meth" for their "drones".
Actually, the largest supplier of weapons for Ukrainians have been Russia! More than 50% of their tanks are now captured from Russia!

For those of you wondering how the fuck tiny Ukraine can do so well against Russia. It's because of intel.
Well, "so well" is a giant exageration. But it's true ukro-nazis are completely dependent on US, including supply of "meth" for their "drones".
Actually, the largest supplier of weapons for Ukrainians have been Russia! More than 50% of their tanks are now captured from Russia!
Allow me to quote Ukraine's tweet from the bridge thing:

"Sick burn."

Snark aside, truth is that Ukraine would be very unlikely to put crews into janky Soviet era tanks captured from Russia. If those tanks were so fearsome, Russians wouldn't be driving them up on Ukrainian positions with white flags flying from their turrets.

Just skimming through, I learned that:

1. Russia is actually winning.

2. The Ukrainian army has been destroyed.

3. Russia is now fighting NATO directly AND inflicting heavy losses!
You left out we're all on drugs as well.
Maybe barbos is suffering carbon monoxide poisoning from all those exhaust pipes. Those lines are long leaving Putinstan.

You need to stop listening to Western Propaganda.
You are still not winning. The losses NATO narco-army suffers don't qualify as winning.
And yes, Ukro-nazis have ran out of soviet era weapons and now in the process of running out of NATO weapons and people as well.
Are you seriously arguing for a "moral victory" for Russia? Well, at least Ukraine didn't win.

At least now there is the tacit admission that Barbos needs to actually make a delineation between "urkanian Nazis" and "Nazis in general". If they didn't participate in this special pleading, they would miss that MOST of the Nazis happen to be Russian

I like how Putin gets upset when a bridge is attacked, (a legitimate military target) calls the attackers terrorists (blowing up a bridge during war is NOT an act of terrorism) and responds by shooting a bunch of rockets into civilian areas, which is an act of terrorism. Putin is completely shameless. This guy has to go.

Uh oh! Even China is getting tired of Russian imperialism.

China calls for de-escalation of violence in Ukraine and stresses importance of respecting sovereignty.

There are still some sane people in US.

Standard appeasement strategy. My interpretation is that he sees the Ukraine and Russia, both, as a mess and picking sides is stupid. He has a macro perspective and looks at it from American interests. He wants peace and stability at any price and thinks giving into Russia's demands is the best scenario, from a long term economic stand point.

Which might be true. But sometimes you just need to man up and punch the bully. It's just a nice feeling to live in a world where we don't let megalomanic dictators get away with bullying it's neighbours. I think death is preferable to being a pussy.

Standard appeasement strategy. My interpretation is that he sees the Ukraine and Russia, both, as a mess and picking sides is stupid. He has a macro perspective and looks at it from American interests. He wants peace and stability at any price and thinks giving into Russia's demands is the best scenario, from a long term economic stand point.

Which might be true. But sometimes you just need to man up and punch the bully. It's just a nice feeling to live in a world where we don't let megalomanic dictators get away with bullying it's neighbours. I think death is preferable to being a pussy.

I listened to it for 10 minutes. Got bored! Does he say what he thinks should be reasonable peace agreement?

Another evidence of war crimes by US supported ukro-nazis.
This one I suspect could stick.

You have posted his stuff before. That guy has been busted with spreading obvious Putin-propaganda. He's just a mouthpiece for the regime. Please find more trustworthy sources. Which is a problem since Russia doesn't have free press at the moment.

I listened to it for 10 minutes. Got bored! Does he say what he thinks should be reasonable peace agreement?

He thinks that the risk of escalation is so high that we just let Putin have Ukraine. He also pointed out that Ukraine broke the Minsk agreement. But the Minsk agreement was based on the idea that the Russian separatists were ethnic Russian Ukrainians. The agreement stipulated that both sides pull out of trying to tip the scales to either side, and we let Ukraine sort this out on their own. But the Russian separatists are a complete fantasy. The Russian separatists in Donbas and Luhansk were always just a front for a Russian financed take-over. So Ukraine wisely ignored the Minsk agreement, since Russia was.

His perspective isn't right or wrong. His perspective is what is the most beneficial for long term economic development. Well... almost anything is better than war for long term economic development.

Allow me to quote Ukraine's tweet from the bridge thing:

"Sick burn."

Snark aside, truth is that Ukraine would be very unlikely to put crews into janky Soviet era tanks captured from Russia. If those tanks were so fearsome, Russians wouldn't be driving them up on Ukrainian positions with white flags flying from their turrets.
I hear what you're saying but I am also reading that Ukraine is capturing tanks and other equipment, scrubbing the Russian emblem and re-branding them and using them. The quality of the equipment is one thing. The quality and willingness of military personnel is another. Ukraine has done a decent job broadcasting to Russian soldiers that they will be treated humanely, which is more than the Russians are doing to their own soldiers.

His perspective isn't right or wrong. His perspective is what is the most beneficial for long term economic development. Well... almost anything is better than war for long term economic development.
His perspective is wrong because it just says 'we must appease because Russia will just hit harder'.

At this point I think NATO should end it.

This is like the Japanese and Gerrman assault on civilians. Mass killing of civilians.

I don't see how the world can have anything to do with Russia.

I like how Putin gets upset when a bridge is attacked, (a legitimate military target) calls the attackers terrorists (blowing up a bridge during war is NOT an act of terrorism) and responds by shooting a bunch of rockets into civilian areas, which is an act of terrorism. Putin is completely shameless. This guy has to go.
And if those launches are originating in Russia they are legitimate targets and the Ukrainians ought to target them.

I do not see how Russia is not a 'lefitimate target' as things are.

Putin has been clear, the goal is the eradication of Ukrainian culture, identity, language, and state. That meets the UN definition of genocide.

Last edited:

There is no path to a negotiated peace. Peace will come when Ukraine hands Russia its miserable Nazi ass, which they will. An encouraging article in the NY Times Sunday talks how Russia is now losing sway over former Soviet republics and how Russia itself is threatened with splintering and dissolution, which would be the best outcome, though there are all these nukes to think of.

There doesn't seem to be much blast scoring under the bridge so I think that rules out a boat launched explosion.

ETA: Click on the photo for a better view.

Back
Top Bottom