• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

Piece of shit Sullivan organized a "peace" conference in Saudi Arabia (without Russia of course) and he timed it toward success of this counteroffensive, except there is none :) And countries invited are saying "No Russia? Fuck you !"
China seems to disagree. And the conspiracy theory that Sullivan somehow organized this meeting is ridiculous. Saudis are very rapidly switching from US orbit to China, and this is more likely happening from either their own or the Chinese initiative than USA's.
LOL, no. Saudi/Chinese did not organize that nonsense. US did. And chances are, the thought process was exactly as I described.
Regardless of who came up with the idea, it was still successful because China decided to snub Russia by attending.
LOL, I think Russia will survive that "snubbing" just fine. But Mexico snubbing is gotta hurt White House.

Russia is fine with China attending parties and listening.

Speaking of of Mexico, I think they want Texas and California back, that's why they are snubbing you :)
So prepare for second front :)

About F-16s. Ukraine sent 28 guys to train. Not a large number. But wait, only 8 passed english language test :)
so 20 were sent to study english and it's going to take some time.

Yes, they have. The most obvious example is Himars which got you kicked out of Kherson.
Nope, Russia would have left it regardless. They had to, there was no point in holding it. Once they realized that they did not have enough troops to blitzkrieg further they left it. Himars is pretty ineffective now. It's being shoot down and jammed.
So Barbos, I hear Russians are buying property in Mariupol, real cheap. You should invest.

Yes, they have. The most obvious example is Himars which got you kicked out of Kherson.
Nope, Russia would have left it regardless. They had to, there was no point in holding it. Once they realized that they did not have enough troops to blitzkrieg further they left it. Himars is pretty ineffective now. It's being shoot down and jammed.
So Barbos, I hear Russians are buying property in Mariupol, real cheap. You should invest.
I will wait for Odessa. I once visited it as a kid, nice place. By the way, no one spoke ukrainian there. And I had a bunch of jewish professors from Odessa while in University.

I will wait for Odessa. I once visited it as a kid, nice place. By the way, no one spoke ukrainian there. And I had a bunch of jewish professors from Odessa while in University.
Why would it matter that they were Jewish? Are Jewish professors so rare in Russia? But why would anyone speak Ukrainian to a kid who didn't speak a word of it? Odesa was always a Russian-speaking area of Ukraine, but a lot more people there are speaking Ukrainian now. I wonder why. :unsure:

Meanwhile, back in Crimea, life gets harder for Russian forces.

Ukrainian Armed Forces confirm strikes on Chonhar and Henichensk bridges

The Ukrainian army stuck two bridges connecting Crimea with the Russian-occupied part of Kherson Oblast, forcing Russian forces to detour to much longer western route and creating the condition for a breakthrough in the Russian defense, the UK's Institute for the Study of War (ISW) said in its Aug. 6 update

Wow. A Monday morning wall-o-bullshit from our Putinista.
Guess his handlers never told him how badly that reeks of desperation.

Reactions: SLD
Have already been discussed. Waste of missiles. Damage is laughable. You need way more than one hit to put it out of use.
And even if gets completely destroyed it means nothing. It's a very short body of water and pontoon bridge can be deployed in no time if necessary. NATO is wasting their missiles on targets which don't have any significance.
I don't really see the point. other than futile attempt to make Russian Forces to spend on air defence.
NATO is pathetic.

Last edited:
Concrete and steel bridges are harder to destroy than pontoon bridges. Meanwhile, Russia's ammo depots all over Russian held Ukrainian terrirtory are being destroyed on an almost daily basis.

NATO is pathetic.
... which explains why it only took three days for the Great Russian Empire to subdue and conquer a nation a fraction of its size.
Oh wait... I guess it means NATO is pathetic and Russia is hundreds of times more pathetic.
:hysterical:

Now Wagner group loonies are threatening Poland. Wagner Group has about 6,000 fighters in Belarus. If they screw with the Poles, the Poles will slaughter them all. If Belarus, or Russia joins Wagner, Poland is a NATO partner and will go full article 5. So much stupidity.

More about Gonzalo Lira

looks like he was not able to escape to Hungary :(
US citizen is arrested for having an opinion different from US government one.
So this idiot happens to be in Ukraine during the war, starts spreading lies and pro-Russian propaganda (something which would've gotten him instantly arrested in Russia also), is arrested, gets out on bail, and then makes videos where he says he'll try to sneak out of the country, and unsurprisingly the authorities got wind of this plan and detain him again?

Sounds like he's a victim of his own stupidity above all.

More on the wretched Gonzalo Lira from Vatnik Soup, a project to catalogue Russian Propagadists, morons pro-Russian trolls, useful idiots and the like. Gonzalo is a grifter always loking for a quick buck.

This is utter bullshit. Putin wanted to occupy the entire southern coastline and have land bridge to Transnistria. The Kherson bridgehead was crucial in this plan, and Putin had ordered to hold on to it against the advice of his generals even after it became obvious that they couldn't hold it. The main reason why Russia couldn't hold it was Ukraine's ability to disrupt the logistics by consistently hitting the bridges - with Himars.

The claim that Russia "realized they did not have enough troops" isn't right. They had enough troops in Kherson, but not enough ammo. In fact, Russia had so many of its best troops concentrated in Kherson front that they left Kharkiv practically undefended which allowed Ukraine to make gains there as well.

Javelins were instrumental in fighting off the initial invasion near Kyiv,
Nope, they were not instrumental.
I doubt that. The soviet ATGMs that Ukraine and Russia had are garbage compared to Javelins. I suppose Ukraine might have been able to push back Russia even without the Javelins, but they were at least very helpful.

Storm Shadows are hitting bridges and ammuniton depots in Crimea right now.
occasionally, most of them are shot down, I looked at the damage from the last "success" and must say, that's a waste of western money.
I mean few guys with showels and some concrete will fix it in one day.
Ukraine has nothing to show for their counter-offensive, so they do this shit which is pointless. They have no chance.
It's not pointless, but it's like treading water. Ukraine has to keep blowing up ammunition depots and bridges behind enemy lines just to keep the Russian forces in the front line short of artillery shells. It's not enough for Ukraine to make advances, but it keeps them afloat. With Storm Shadow they can hit farther than with Himars, and a cruise missile is better at some things than a ballistic missile, which gives Ukraine more options in choosing their targets.

Piece of shit Sullivan organized a "peace" conference in Saudi Arabia (without Russia of course) and he timed it toward success of this counteroffensive, except there is none :) And countries invited are saying "No Russia? Fuck you !"
China seems to disagree. And the conspiracy theory that Sullivan somehow organized this meeting is ridiculous. Saudis are very rapidly switching from US orbit to China, and this is more likely happening from either their own or the Chinese initiative than USA's.
LOL, no. Saudi/Chinese did not organize that nonsense. US did. And chances are, the thought process was exactly as I described.
Regardless of who came up with the idea, it was still successful because China decided to snub Russia by attending.
LOL, I think Russia will survive that "snubbing" just fine. But Mexico snubbing is gotta hurt White House.

Russia is fine with China attending parties and listening.
As if China would ask Russia's permission. The master doesn't need to ask the vassal what to do. This time China attended the meeting, next time China may order Russia to attend.

The war won't end with one summit, but it's a gradual progress from the Copenhagen summit earlier. Not sure why you are so concerned about Mexico, the key is that over 40 nations, including China, agreed that the peace deal must "respect Ukraine's territorial integrity" which is a code phrase for Russian withdrawal. Maybe in the next meeting they'll take it one step further.

Why would it matter that they were Jewish? Are Jewish professors so rare in Russia? But why would anyone speak Ukrainian to a kid who didn't speak a word of it? Odesa was always a Russian-speaking area of Ukraine, but a lot more people there are speaking Ukrainian now. I wonder why. :unsure:
And even the ones who speak Russian are fighting the Russian invasion.

Ukrainian Armed Forces confirm strikes on Chonhar and Henichensk bridges

The Ukrainian army stuck two bridges connecting Crimea with the Russian-occupied part of Kherson Oblast, forcing Russian forces to detour to much longer western route and creating the condition for a breakthrough in the Russian defense, the UK's Institute for the Study of War (ISW) said in its Aug. 6 update

These bridges don't seem irreplaceable to me. Setting up a pontoon bridge next to the damaged one doesn't take that long.

Also, Ukraine's counter-offensive was a dud, so sporadic strikes like this don't do as much harm as they would if there was a bigger offensive going on. Ukraine is still conducting just small infantry attacks and maybe sparing its reserves for the future.

Have already been discussed. Waste of missiles. Damage is laughable. You need way more than one hit to put it out of use.
And even if gets completely destroyed it means nothing. It's a very short body of water and pontoon bridge can be deployed in no time if necessary. NATO is wasting their missiles on targets which don't have any significance.
Maybe you can tell them the coordinates of the targets that you think are more significant that they should be hitting instead? I'm sure they'd appreciate the assist. :whistle:

And even the ones who speak Russian are fighting the Russian invasion.

Too true. I have friends who are in Odesa or from Odesa. Not a single one wants to see the city fall to Russian occupation. Just because most people in the city speak Russian, that doesn't mean that they identify with Russia. They are doing what they can to defend their country and support its independence. Russia is able to find quislings to help it rule in the areas that it occupies, but that does not mean that the local population wants to be occupied.

Back
Top Bottom