• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

When Ukraine tried to break Russia's elastic defense the whiplash was painful and costly. So Ukraine changed tactics. now they are only trying to stretch Russia's elastic defence until it exhausts and sags enough to collapse.

This strategy may work because Ukraine thinks they know a secret.

Putin's popularity is lean. Proof of this lies in the Wagner mutiny. Putin can not call for another round of mobilization or risk another stronger mutiny. Ukraine knows this too.

That is why Ukraine has been feinting at offence when they have really been just grinding Russian soldiers and equipment up in the most efficient pattern available to them.

I feel that the fact that Barbos is advertising the opposite POV, sourced, no doubt, directly from Russian state propaganda channels, means that Ukraine is right. I think narcisists and fascists like Putin and Trump can't help but project their own weaknesses on to their enemies. And Barbos telling us that Russia is grinding up Ukraine is almost certainly evidence to me that Russia's conscripts are suffering greatly.

Pretty soon Putin will have to choose between losing the war due to the attrition Ukraine is inflicting or losing his life when rebellion breaks out after another round of mobilization.
Complete and utter garbage and regurgitated western propaganda.

I feel that the fact that Barbos is advertising the opposite POV, sourced, no doubt, directly from Russian state propaganda channels, means that Ukraine is right.

Almost certainly correct, but I’ll take issue with the notion that Barbos crying “Nuh-uhn! Waaaah!” amounts to advertising a point of view, opposite or otherwise.

It's amazing how effective western propaganda seems to be.
Yeah, it’s so much more effective when based on reality, rather than on the power of repetition to enforce a fantasy, like the crap you serve up.

And no, sanctions are not working. ... sanctions are not working.

You're s'posed to repeat it THREE times and click your heels together.
Sheesh! How do you ever expect your fantasy to come true if you don't follow the rules of ye olde majicke?

rusecon.JPG

And what do you think Russian Propaganda is going to do with this canadian nazi fiasco?
Do you really think they will stay away and won't have a field day (actually a month) with it?
You really think that lame attempt by Trudeau to save his career would help the west as a whole in Russia.
It's a disaster. Yes, that piece of shit will wiggle his way out, but at what cost to your already shitty image in Russia and even Israel.y Do you realize that you have 150 million people are collectively saying "Putin is 100% right".

And no, sanctions are not working.You have a country where people hate your regimes and sanctions are not working.
You can not rely on "It's economy stupid!" Russia does not need the West.
It's time for you, to accept that fact.
I don’t care if they are working or not. I simply don’t want my country doing any business with an imperialist country that steals land, kidnaps children, bombs civilian infrastructure and impedes the shipment of goods in international waters.

And what do you think Russian Propaganda is going to do with this canadian nazi fiasco?
Do you really think they will stay away and won't have a field day (actually a month) with it?
You really think that lame attempt by Trudeau to save his career would help the west as a whole in Russia.
It's a disaster. Yes, that piece of shit will wiggle his way out, but at what cost to your already shitty image in Russia and even Israel.y Do you realize that you have 150 million people are collectively saying "Putin is 100% right".

And no, sanctions are not working.You have a country where people hate your regimes and sanctions are not working.
You can not rely on "It's economy stupid!" Russia does not need the West.
It's time for you, to accept that fact.
I don’t care if they are working or not. I simply don’t want my country doing any business with an imperialist country that steals land, kidnaps children, bombs civilian infrastructure and impedes the shipment of goods in international waters.
What part of "Western media lies" don't you understand?
All of that listed by you are 100% lies.
Your government is lying to you.
You are the bad guys. And YOU actually did all of that in countless countries and doing it right now in Ukraine/Russia.

What part of "Western media lies" don't you understand?
All of that listed by you are 100% lies.
Your government is lying to you.
You are the bad guys.
So the genocidal invaders kidnapping children, murdering civilians, randomly bombing non-military targets and threatening nuclear war if their land-grab is contested ... those are the GOOD guys?
Holy moly, we must be very very baaaaaaaaad guys indeed!

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

I do wonder though ... if everything is going so very swimmingly for Mr Putin and his ... uh, ... spokesperson here, why is he complaining so much?

Barbos

One of our ideals is self determination form the individual to a nation. We left the choice up to the Iraqi people.

Although it has not always been followed historically by our enlivenment, Native Americans have a legal treaty right to live as they please on their lands, what remains of it. They are semi-autonomous with their own law enforcement and internal government.

Puerto Rico is an historical artifact from past times. I don't think there has been a clear choice so far, they can vote for American statehood, independence, or remaining a US territory.

Ukraine was never 'part' of Russia. It was controlled by the Soviets who relinquished control guaranteeing Ukrainian independence for giving up nuclear weapons.

We may not always live up to our ideals but that is the fundamental difference between The west and Russia/China.

We believe in self determination.

Putin made what he thought was an easy grab of Ukraine and failed. Now he rationalizes it by calming he is getting rid of Nazis.

He said publicly the goal was the eradication of Ukrainian culture, genocide.

One of our ideals is self determination form the individual to a nation. We left the choice up to the Iraqi people.
But not to crimeans or ..... japanese for that matter.
Ukraine was never 'part' of Russia. It was controlled by the Soviets who relinquished control guaranteeing Ukrainian independence for giving up nuclear weapons.
What are you smoking?

Last edited:
Putin made what he thought was an easy grab of Ukraine and failed. Now he rationalizes it by calming he is getting rid of Nazis.
You keep repeating this patently false garbage over and and over again.
When are you going to realize it is not working on educated people like myself.
Putin explicitly listed "denazification" PRIOR to "invasion".

When Ukraine tried to break Russia's elastic defense the whiplash was painful and costly. So Ukraine changed tactics. now they are only trying to stretch Russia's elastic defence until it exhausts and sags enough to collapse.

This strategy may work because Ukraine thinks they know a secret.

Putin's popularity is lean. Proof of this lies in the Wagner mutiny. Putin can not call for another round of mobilization or risk another stronger mutiny. Ukraine knows this too.

That is why Ukraine has been feinting at offence when they have really been just grinding Russian soldiers and equipment up in the most efficient pattern available to them.

I feel that the fact that Barbos is advertising the opposite POV, sourced, no doubt, directly from Russian state propaganda channels, means that Ukraine is right. I think narcisists and fascists like Putin and Trump can't help but project their own weaknesses on to their enemies. And Barbos telling us that Russia is grinding up Ukraine is almost certainly evidence to me that Russia's conscripts are suffering greatly.

Pretty soon Putin will have to choose between losing the war due to the attrition Ukraine is inflicting or losing his life when rebellion breaks out after another round of mobilization.
My western propaganda is a bit different than yours.

Russia's method of elastic defense is to have a first wave of new poorly trained men on the front line defending. When they get decimated and Ukrainian soldiers move in, Russia then has their second wave of fresh experienced fighters beat them back. Problem now is there are precious few experienced fighters left in Russia's forces. So this second wave are just as inexperienced as the first. Basically it's looking like the elastic waistband in six year old underwear, there's just no spring left in it, it just kind of sags there.

I believe Russia is still mobilizing people they are just doing it covertly, keeping it out of the press, taking from the lesser parts of the federation as usual.

Six of one, half dozen of another. It's all garbage from the western media I'm sure.

What is showing to be ineffective in this war is tanks. Without air coverage, they are sitting ducks for UAVs. Is this Biden's fault? Surely the military was informing him that they are ineffective without the latter.

Speaking of "progress". Someone did some calculations and in 2023 (the year of the great ukrainian counter-offensive) Russia actually gained more territory than Ukraine.
Why is it with you it is always "someone"? If you have the evidence, post it. Don't just say "someone said". Someone has no credibility.

US cunts paid organization do the counting and conclude that Russian losses are small and ukrainian losses are huge. I repeat, you own people do that. Of course your Media then goes and parrot numbers straight from Zelensky's ass.

Why is it with you it is always "someone"? If you have the evidence, post it. Don't just say "someone said". Someone has no credibility.
Is that so important to you? You can do it yourself, Maps are public.
I take it from your response you are now back tracking on your claim. Too bad. You could have claimed a tiny bit of credibility. You've just reinforced why people here have no respect for you.

The Russian losses were high enough that Putin had to resort to conscription.
Total BS.
First, not conscription, but mobilization. Secondly, how many times one has to repeat that initial force was too small to take Kiev?
Once it was established that Kiev regime choose to fight and assembled an army bigger than what Russia had there, Russia did the same.

Back
Top Bottom