• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

Nope, and even if they did say that, a poll isn't a vote.
Well, they were overwhelmingly voting for Putin as the rest of Russia.
And yes, they had been illegally denied to vote by the multiple regimes in Kiev.

Your obsessive denying of the obvious fact that Crimea has always been Russian and pro-russian is very telling.
Your whole narrative seems to be based on the fact that Ukraine has been united in their hatred of Russia is ridiculous.
Even Central Ukraine (Kiev) is not that "pro-ukrainian" as your propaganda says.
If things continue the way they are going you will have Kiev back in Russia.

You are simply ridiculous.
Why are you putting words in my mouth? The only arguments you've ever won have been against a scarecrow, so you can't help but to depict me as a strawman. Fallacies and distortions are all you've got.
I am confused. Do you now accept that Crimea has always been russian/pro-russian?

India Runs on Ukrainian Blood
Russia is the top oil supplier to India, the world's third biggest oil importer and consumer.
India has emerged as the biggest buyer of Russian seaborne oil sold at a discount as Western entities have shunned purchases due to a raft of sanctions imposed on Russia over its February 2022 invasion of Ukraine.

also

From ISW said:
A detained Russian businessman and a Russian military official who were reportedly connected to detained former Deputy Defense Minister Timur Ivanov recently died on the same day.
Oops.
Guys. A little coordination here. Please.

"We did. Was double hung window. I said, you go high. I go low. We get twofer."

Why are you putting words in my mouth? The only arguments you've ever won have been against a scarecrow, so you can't help but to depict me as a strawman. Fallacies and distortions are all you've got.
I am confused. Do you now accept that Crimea has always been russian/pro-russian?
Lol, You transition seemlessly from strawman to false dichotomy. Thanks for proving my point.

Lol, You transition seemlessly from strawman to false dichotomy. Thanks for proving my point.
No I did no such thing.
Answer my question. Do you accept results of US conducted polls which showed that Crimeans prefer Russia to EU and US?

No I did no such thing.
Lol, you don't even know when you are doing it. Classic.
Answer my question. Do you accept results of US conducted polls which showed that Crimeans prefer Russia to EU and US?
No such poll exists, so... no.

No such poll exists, so... no.
That's patently false. I posted links recently.
Lol, you don't even know when you are doing it. Classic.
It's not me, it's you.
Lol.

Look here, I will do your work for you again. I am so generous.

THIS is the poll.

crimea.png

You can clearly see on page 17 that in 2013 67 percent of Crimeans preferred Ukraine to Russia and the numbers were on the rise for Ukraine since 2011 ( until Russian soldiers came knocking with guns in 2014 )

Last edited:
Well, Aupy you should be able to figure that out for yourself. The very first thing they did when they invaded their neighbor, was to head a twenty mile line of tanks straight for Kyiv. They all got slaughtered, much to Putler’s surprise. Do you think they’d have made such a spectacular sacrifice going for something they didn’t want?
Perhaps it was an over-reach by a General who was later sacked. Perhaps they wanted to encircle Kyiv and force Ukraine their way.

What possible justification could there be?
I have tried to put across my views many a times - NATO expansionism.
So you are now against Putin? I'm so confused
Don't be confused, I am stating the Indian law. Russia is important to us for military supplies. We will not condemn it, though we will keep talking to them about the need for peace. If we condemn Russia, we will also need to condemn NATO expansionism. US will not like that.

Secondly we need crude for our refineries - "Despite the dependence on imports, India has developed sufficient processing capacity over the years to produce different petroleum products. As result, India is a net exporter of petroleum products."

Last edited:
I think our friend from India has demonstrated repeatedly that being uninformed is of no consequence when it comes to making decisions about today. Old information is of no value or relevance to things happening today.
If you talk about old things, then also talk about the alacrity with which West hailed the removal of Yanukowych and election of Poroshenko in 2014.
It was a victory for West. Ukraine did not realize what will it mean for them.

I think our friend from India has demonstrated repeatedly that being uninformed is of no consequence when it comes to making decisions about today. Old information is of no value or relevance to things happening today.
If you talk about old things, then also talk about the alacrity with which West hailed the removal of Yanukowych and election of Poroshenko in 2014.
It was a victory for West. Ukraine did not realize what will it mean for them.
Why should I care about something that happened ten years ago? You've been telling us that what happened years ago doesn't matter. It seems it doesn't matter unless it concerns your friend the Russian Hitler, then for some reason it should become important to everyone.

Back
Top Bottom