• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

NATO money is dying in Ukraine. A lot of it. More NATO money is dying in Ukraine than Ukrainian money. Most Ukrainian military hardware is now NATO hardware
Very little cash is actually being sent to Ukraine. The money is being spent to buy munitions and equipment in the nations where it is being produced. The munitions and equipment are then sent to Ukraine.

Sure it does. It can go home, let Ukrainians go home, and live un-bothered forever and ever amen.
Russia is not at war with Ukraine. It is at war with NATO.

You should tell that to the Ukrainians. They're going to be so relieved they're not a part of the war. It all must have been a dream then

NATO money is dying in Ukraine. A lot of it. More NATO money is dying in Ukraine than Ukrainian money. Most Ukrainian military hardware is now NATO hardware
Very little cash is actually being sent to Ukraine. The money is being spent to buy munitions and equipment in the nations where it is being produced. The munitions and equipment are then sent to Ukraine.

Thanks for mansplaining about how money works. Did you have an argument?

You're very much welcome. You appeared to need it.

You're very much welcome. You appeared to need it.

Better luck next time with seeming clever

One of the aspects of the war in Ukraine is that the nature of warfare is rapidly changing. Ukraine then is a laboratory for NATO to learn important lessons in regards to a stupid and expansionist Russia. Long term, Russia loses. With 1/10th the GDP of the USA, technology favors the USA. Russia woke up a sleeping dragon with its antics.

Money is a combatant? Get serious. Ukraine is a necessary fight because Hitler is alive and well again in Russia. It's a pretty simple thing to understand for those sufficiently informed and capable of responding.
I have no idea wtf you are talking about? What is this even a reference to? I don't even understand what you are refuting or what you are for?

How does your comment disprove that it's a proxy war? Without US/NATO money Ukraine would have lost already. That makes it a proxy war.

It's not like a proxy war is equated with being evil or not justified. It just means that one side of the conflict doesn't have boots on the ground. They fight via a proxy.

It's clearly not a proxy war. A proxy war is one that is started by a major power which it does not get directly involved with. I'd be happy to debate the maiden revolution. But that Ukraine kicking out a bad leader that it had every right to evict. Then Russia directly attacked Ukraine. No offense but calling it a proxy war is an insult to Ukrainians fighting for their lives against a much larger army.

Money is a combatant? Get serious. Ukraine is a necessary fight because Hitler is alive and well again in Russia. It's a pretty simple thing to understand for those sufficiently informed and capable of responding.
I have no idea wtf you are talking about? What is this even a reference to? I don't even understand what you are refuting or what you are for?

How does your comment disprove that it's a proxy war? Without US/NATO money Ukraine would have lost already. That makes it a proxy war.

It's not like a proxy war is equated with being evil or not justified. It just means that one side of the conflict doesn't have boots on the ground. They fight via a proxy.

It's clearly not a proxy war. A proxy war is one that is started by a major power which it does not get directly involved with. I'd be happy to debate the maiden revolution. But that Ukraine kicking out a bad leader that it had every right to evict. Then Russia directly attacked Ukraine. No offense but calling it a proxy war is an insult to Ukrainians fighting for their lives against a much larger army.
And looking at the list of proxy wars, Wikipedia has yet to consider it one.
List of Proxy Wars

Sure it does. It can go home, let Ukrainians go home, and live un-bothered forever and ever amen.
Then it should have invaded NATO.

You really appear to be a stooge for Russian Hitler's propaganda. I don't think you are, however. I think you're just soft-peddling your love of Putin.

You really appear to be a stooge for Russian Hitler's propaganda. I don't think you are, however. I think you're just soft-peddling your love of Putin.
I don't know. I consider cultural upbringing as a reason for such statements.
I used to find some of what Jayjay posted at times to be real head-scratchers.
What is common is an inability to cite reliable sources to support some of these statements.

Sure it does. It can go home, let Ukrainians go home, and live un-bothered forever and ever amen. Pootey fucking CHOOSES CONQUEST in pursuit of riches, including 40% of the world’s supply of grain.
Russia is not at war with Ukraine. It is at war with NATO (though the war is happening in Ukraine, it had to be somewhere).

Sure it does. It can go home, let Ukrainians go home, and live un-bothered forever and ever amen. Pootey fucking CHOOSES CONQUEST in pursuit of riches, including 40% of the world’s supply of grain.
Russia is not at war with Ukraine. It is at war with NATO (though the war is happening in Ukraine, it had to be somewhere).
Ukraine is not in NATO. Your loyalty to Russian Hitler is noted.

You are saying it's okay for Putin to invade Ukraine. You've stated earlier that no one should be supplying Ukraine with weapons. So maybe "admire" was too strong a word. You clearly favor Putin and his invasion of Ukraine.
I have never said that it was OK for Putin to invade Ukraine. I have always said that it was wrong for NATO to expand its influence.
Yeah, I said supply of arms to Ukraine will not stop war and Ukrainians will keep on dying. Is that what you want?
I favor none. India is non-aligned in this case (not so in case of China. We are a member of Quad. That because even after 25 meetings of military personnel, China is not leaving certain areas in Ladakh in contravention to the agreement between the two countries to sort differences by talk).

Russia invaded Ukraine. Also, criminals, non-ethnic Russians were fighting Ukrainians, at least early on.
That includes a few (can be counted on fingers) Indians too, who died and were enticed by promise of jobs. But think about the reasons why Russia invaded Ukraine.

You should tell that to the Ukrainians. They're going to be so relieved they're not a part of the war. It all must have been a dream then
Our government has been telling this to Ukraine and other countries. To agree or not is their prerogative.
Ukraine is a NATO proxy in the war between Russia and NATO, and Ukrainians are suffering unnecessarily.

Who knows if it will do that or not? NATO is not the sole superpower. Sure, Russia is and has always been important for India for supply of armaments that West denied to us (MIG's and S-400 systems) and now petrol at lower cost. As for rulers, they come and go.

"In September 2021, Russian Deputy Prime Minister Yury Borisov said that India could be a prospective, and probably the first, S-500 customer."
Our indigenous 5th generation stealth aircraft (AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft) with 6th generation technology, will come in about 4 years.

Advanced_Medium_Combat_Aircraft_%28HAL_AMCA%29_artist%27s_impression.jpg

Last edited:
Russia invaded Ukraine. Also, criminals, non-ethnic Russians were fighting Ukrainians, at least early on.
That includes a few (can be counted on fingers) Indians too, who died and were enticed by promise of jobs. But think about the reasons why Russia invaded Ukraine.
Desire to rebuild an empire Putin wanted to rebuild to look significant. Putin and the Oligarchs have swindled Russia's capitalistic prominence. So Putin needed something else to show greatness or significance.

Back
Top Bottom