• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

If Europe were to move to defend their own territory, then I would support my country giving them military assistance. If they were to cut off Putin's balls and staple them to his forehead, then I would not say anything about it.
You are a victim of anti-russian propaganda.
I am an anarchist :3.

If Europe were to move to defend their own territory, then I would support my country giving them military assistance. If they were to cut off Putin's balls and staple them to his forehead, then I would not say anything about it.
SigmatheZeta: I'd recommend seeking medical attention immediately. Your above response is classic response from a victim of anti-Russian propaganda!

SigmatheZeta: I'd recommend seeking medical attention immediately. Your above response is classic response from a victim of anti-Russian propaganda!

Realistically, the only way that Russia could succeed at holding Ukraine for long would be if the Europeans were to alienate the Ukrainian anarchist organizations because, right at this very moment, the anarchists have a strong position as kingmaker in Ukraine. If I were among the leadership in the EU, then I would start making reforms to protect the free association of labor. The Ukrainian right-wing might not like it, but the Ukrainian right-wing hate the Russians substantially more than they hate their indigenous anarchist organizations. Once Ukraine has finished the paperwork to join the EU in 2030, I seriously doubt that Europe would be tolerant of Russian forces on their own damn soil. The places where Russian forces aren't unless they are being burned alive, beyond that point, are places that the EU does not choose to define as within the borders of Ukraine. Wherever the EU decides to draw those borders, I respect those borders, and if Putin is not as dumb as he looks, then he would, too.

CNN links? :)
Sorry, don't have ones. It's common knowledge and accepted truth in Russia/Ukraine which is avoided by western media. No one denies it, it's just avoided.
Ukraine is an original Trumpistan.

And why are you so surprised? US supported terrorists in Afganistan and Syria, why is it so surprising that they would support nazies?
We have this problem too, now.

Ukraine is not going to get EU membership unless it can sort its own house out with regards to corruption and complying with EU regulations in their energy sector. There needs to be the political will to do so. In the meantime, Ukraine can functionally ally it’s energy sector with the the EU. It can reverse flow nat gas from Poland, Hungary, and Slovakia. It can better ally itself with Turkey and avail itself of the oil and nat gas supplies of the Caucuses and Central Asia. It can tie it’s electrical grid in with it’s EU neighbors. It can purchase LNG through ports in Poland, Turkey, Greece, and Croatia.
The EU and US can support Ukraine in these efforts to diversify its energy sector.

Would Russia have a problem with this?

Last I heard, it was pretty decided that Ukraine was going to be filing the paperwork to join the EU in 2024.

That explains the est. 90,000 troop buildup on the Ukranian Border.
Yes, it actually explains it. Because Ukraine moved half on their of forces to the border with breakout republics. If US wants to start a war then Russia must be prepared.

ROFL the stuff your sources feed you about the USA are lies as well, and generally better crafted.
I was going to mention how Putin is probably afraid that Ukraine will invade Russia with US backing, to support Ukrainian imperial expansionist ambitions.
Glad I didn’t mention it :)

Your posts to Elixir don't make sense to me. Where is the projecting?
He is projecting when he suggests that It's Russia. It's Ukraine and their nazies who are desperate enough to start a war and play the victim and US is perfectly fine with that plan. After all it worked in Georgia, why not try again?

Ukraine is in deep economic shit. They need a war, not Russia.
Russia is doing fine, gas prices at all time highs, oil is too doing well.
And Ukraine is about to collapse on their own. Gas retail prices jumped 5x, Power stations shutdowns because of lack coal.
Well, there is a risk of Ukrainian Trump starting a war, that's bad.

How can they afford a war if in deep economic shit?

He is projecting when he suggests that It's Russia. It's Ukraine and their nazies who are desperate enough to start a war and play the victim and US is perfectly fine with that plan. After all it worked in Georgia, why not try again?

And Ukraine is about to collapse on their own. Gas retail prices jumped 5x, Power stations shutdowns because of lack coal.

They can't afford doing nothing even more. And the plan is to get paid by US.
And if they are successful at getting Eastern Ukraine back they will have coal for powerstations.

That explains the est. 90,000 troop buildup on the Ukranian Border.
Yes, it actually explains it. Because Ukraine moved half on their of forces to the border with breakout republics. If US wants to start a war then Russia must be prepared.

ROFL the stuff your sources feed you about the USA are lies as well, and generally better crafted.
I was going to mention how Putin is probably afraid that Ukraine will invade Russia with US backing, to support Ukrainian imperial expansionist ambitions.
Glad I didn’t mention it :)
My sources? how are they mine? these are ukrainian sources, they don't really hide their intentions. And stop this crap about russian expansion. All Russia wants is for US stop paying scam around Russia to be a scam.
And Germany in particular agrees with that. The rest of the old EU agrees too, they are just less vocal about it.

They can't afford doing nothing even more. And the plan is to get paid by US.
And if they are successful at getting Eastern Ukraine back they will have coal for powerstations.

Back? Someone took it from them?

The US does not want "a war with Russia". Nobody WANTS a war with Russia. Ukraine certainly does not want war with Russia.

The problem here is that it seems like Russia wants a war with Ukraine, for the express purposes of annexation of territory.

Then, Russia cries in bad faith to their people "Help, I'm being oppressed!" In the same way as a drug dealer may steal your money and then telling other passers-by that you are trying to rob them rather than accept the truth that they robbed you.

Nobody is trying to, and the gaslighting can go to hell. Putin is gaslighting you Barbos. And you are gaslighting us in turn. Take the blinders off and accept it: Russia is aggressing. They can either stop doing that or they will have started a war.

The problem here is that it seems like Russia wants a war with Ukraine, for the express purposes of annexation of territory.
That's what MSM says, they are lying. Eastern Ukraine in particular is very unattractive piece of territory. There is only one reason for invading Ukraine - NATO expansion.
Putin informed NATO about that reason in 2008. You should know that by now.

Well, according to current Ukrainian government Russia took it from them.
In reality, people there simply revolted against trumpers US installed in Kiev.

There is humor in you complaining about Americans complaining about Russian interference, yet Russia gets a bit militaryish and it is self defense because [echo]America[/echo].

Well, according to current Ukrainian government Russia took it from them.
In reality, people there simply revolted against trumpers US installed in Kiev.

There is humor in you complaining about Americans complaining about Russian interference, yet Russia gets a bit militaryish and it is self defense because [echo]America[/echo].
So US is OK with russian nukes in Cuba or Mexico now?

That's what MSM says, they are lying. Eastern Ukraine in particular is very unattractive piece of territory. There is only one reason for invading Ukraine - NATO expansion.
No, this is what the residents of the country who you declare of wanting a war says, and I am most certainly NOT lying.

I do not want a war with Russia over Ukraine. Ask any individual here whether they want that. I'm not speaking from MSM. I don't consume the media the way you appear to.

What I want is Russia to stop making overtures of war towards Ukraine.

Quit trying to gaslight me. Russia is gearing up to attack Ukraine. The first shots will be fired into Ukraine. All boots on the ground will be touching the ground on the Ukrainian side of the border. If bombs are dropped on Russian forces, they will be on Russian forces after those forces have started crossing a border. The only exception to this is the possibility of a stray shot coming from Ukraine being used as an excuse and fig leaf to do all of the above.

Putin can suck the place on the bus seat I plan on farting into repeatedly this morning for all I care, as to his desire that Ukraine have no involvement with NATO. As can you.

That's not up to you, or him. NATO is essentially there to keep Russia from doing this garbage.

No, this is what the residents of the country who you declare of wanting a war says, and I am most certainly NOT lying.

I do not want a war with Russia over Ukraine. Ask any individual here whether they want that. I'm not speaking from MSM. I don't consume the media the way you appear to.

Quit trying to gaslight me. Russia is gearing up to attack Ukraine. The first shots will be fired into Ukraine. All boots on the ground will be touching the ground on the Ukrainian side of the border. If bombs are dropped on Russian forces, they will be on Russian forces after those forces have started crossing a border. The only exception to this is the possibility of a stray shot coming from Ukraine being used as an excuse and fig leaf to do all of the above.

Putin can suck the place on the bus seat I plan on farting into repeatedly this morning for all I care, as to his desire that Ukraine have no involvement with NATO. As can you.

That's not up to you, or him. NATO is essentially there to keep Russia from doing this garbage.
Bullcrap. Russian position is clear. There will be no Ukraine if NATO decides to take them. And the fact that you don't know that is MSM's fault. They are filthy liars.

CNN links? :)
Sorry, don't have ones. It's common knowledge and accepted truth in Russia/Ukraine which is avoided by western media. No one denies it, it's just avoided.
Ukraine is an original Trumpistan.

And why are you so surprised? US supported terrorists in Afganistan and Syria, why is it so surprising that they would support nazies?
We have this problem too, now.

Ukraine is not going to get EU membership unless it can sort its own house out with regards to corruption and complying with EU regulations in their energy sector. There needs to be the political will to do so. In the meantime, Ukraine can functionally ally it’s energy sector with the the EU. It can reverse flow nat gas from Poland, Hungary, and Slovakia. It can better ally itself with Turkey and avail itself of the oil and nat gas supplies of the Caucuses and Central Asia. It can tie it’s electrical grid in with it’s EU neighbors. It can purchase LNG through ports in Poland, Turkey, Greece, and Croatia.
The EU and US can support Ukraine in these efforts to diversify its energy sector.

Would Russia have a problem with this?
I think that they would have a problem with it. I could be wrong, and I'd rely on Barbos to correct me here, but I really don't think that Russia is scared of Ukranian invasion! I think that the real deal is that they want a "zone of influence" over the countries that are on their border. They are frustrated because it isn't happening naturally (countries tend to not trust aggressive bullies). So they rely on force to get their way.

Bullcrap. Russian position is clear. There will be no Ukraine if NATO decides to take them. And the fact that you don't know that is MSM's fault. They are filthy liars.
If Russia fears Nato so much, why constantly bully Ukraine? It's Russia that is pushing Ukraine towards the west. Why do bullies always feel that they are the victim?

If Russia fears Nato so much, why constantly bully Ukraine? It's Russia that is pushing Ukraine towards the west. Why do bullies always feel that they are the victim?
NATO!=West. Russia was not happy about Ukraine trying to get to EU, mainly because it would cost Russia money. But Russia did nothing to stop it. It's NATO.
Bully here is US. You are bullying everybody including Ukraine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom