• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

CNN links? :)
Sorry, don't have ones. It's common knowledge and accepted truth in Russia/Ukraine which is avoided by western media. No one denies it, it's just avoided.
Ukraine is an original Trumpistan.

And why are you so surprised? US supported terrorists in Afganistan and Syria, why is it so surprising that they would support nazies?
We have this problem too, now.

Ukraine is not going to get EU membership unless it can sort its own house out with regards to corruption and complying with EU regulations in their energy sector. There needs to be the political will to do so. In the meantime, Ukraine can functionally ally it’s energy sector with the the EU. It can reverse flow nat gas from Poland, Hungary, and Slovakia.
Dude, you need to educate yourself more. Poland, Hungary, and Slovakia do not produce gas. What Ukraine is currently doing is called virtual reverse. These assholes built a short pipeline which goes around metering equipment at the border with EU.
All that thing does is makes gas flow through the counter higher than it really is.
That allows them to use russian gas from the pipe along its way in the Ukraine. And these assholes claim that they don't use russian gas. Even though they are using it and paying for it significantly more. Everybody in Ukraine knows that. But they keep pretending that they are buying gas from EU.
Problem with this arrangement (besides paying more) is that once Nord Stream 2 is operational, Russia can eventually stop transit through Ukraine because it is more expensive and less politically reliable. If that happens Ukraine would lose transit money and would have to start paying for real transit (of the same russian gas) from EU. Of course they could buy directly from Russia and do it cheaply. But proud nazies can't do that.

It can better ally itself with Turkey and avail itself of the oil and nat gas supplies of the Caucuses and Central Asia. It can tie it’s electrical grid in with it’s EU neighbors. It can purchase LNG through ports in Poland, Turkey, Greece, and Croatia.
The EU and US can support Ukraine in these efforts to diversify its energy sector.

Would Russia have a problem with this?
No, of course Russia would have no problem with that. They can do it tomorrow.
They can shoot themselves in the other foot or jump from the high rise building too. Russia has no problem with that.

Now, everybody (Russians, Ukrainians, Europeans, even pentagon critters and your government) except you knows that.
You don't know that because your shit media is misinforming you.

What else you don't know?
Oh the fact that Russia has paid $250bil to Ukraine over the years.
Don't you think this entitle Russia for something? You have few CIA fuckers with what? $20mil? coming to Ukraine, organizing a coup, get bunch of idiots killed. And wow! Ukraine is a USA ally now! Wow! NATO! Wow!

If Russia fears Nato so much, why constantly bully Ukraine? It's Russia that is pushing Ukraine towards the west. Why do bullies always feel that they are the victim?
NATO!=West. Russia was not happy about Ukraine trying to get to EU, mainly because it would cost Russia money. But Russia did nothing to stop it. It's NATO.
Bully here is US. You are bullying everybody including Ukraine.
Russia are just trying to stop poor and penniless Ukraine from becoming an empire.

If Russia fears Nato so much, why constantly bully Ukraine? It's Russia that is pushing Ukraine towards the west. Why do bullies always feel that they are the victim?
NATO!=West. Russia was not happy about Ukraine trying to get to EU, mainly because it would cost Russia money. But Russia did nothing to stop it. It's NATO.
Russia are just trying to stop poor and penniless Ukraine from becoming an empire.
Yes, at Russia's expense.

Yes, at Russia's expense.
I'm sure the knowledge that they are righteous and helping protect those from empire hungry Ukraine is enough payment in itself.

Sorry, don't have ones. It's common knowledge and accepted truth in Russia/Ukraine which is avoided by western media. No one denies it, it's just avoided.

And why are you so surprised? US supported terrorists in Afganistan and Syria, why is it so surprising that they would support nazies?

Ukraine is not going to get EU membership unless it can sort its own house out with regards to corruption and complying with EU regulations in their energy sector. There needs to be the political will to do so. In the meantime, Ukraine can functionally ally it’s energy sector with the the EU. It can reverse flow nat gas from Poland, Hungary, and Slovakia.
Dude, you need to educate yourself more. Poland, Hungary, and Slovakia do not produce gas. What Ukraine is currently doing is called virtual reverse. These assholes built a short pipeline which goes around metering equipment at the border with EU.
All that thing does is makes gas flow through the counter higher than it really is.
That allows them to use russian gas from the pipe along its way in the Ukraine. And these assholes claim that they don't use russian gas. Even though they are using it and paying for it significantly more. Everybody in Ukraine knows that. But they keep pretending that they are buying gas from EU.
Problem with this arrangement (besides paying more) is that once Nord Stream 2 is operational, Russia can eventually stop transit through Ukraine because it is more expensive and less politically reliable. If that happens Ukraine would lose transit money and would have to start paying for real transit (of the same russian gas) from EU. Of course they could buy directly from Russia and do it cheaply. But proud nazies can't do that.

It can better ally itself with Turkey and avail itself of the oil and nat gas supplies of the Caucuses and Central Asia. It can tie it’s electrical grid in with it’s EU neighbors. It can purchase LNG through ports in Poland, Turkey, Greece, and Croatia.
The EU and US can support Ukraine in these efforts to diversify its energy sector.

They can shoot themselves in the other foot or jump from the high rise building too. Russia has no problem with that.

Now, everybody (Russians, Ukrainians, Europeans, even pentagon critters and your government) except you knows that.

Don't you think this entitle Russia for something? You have few CIA fuckers with what? $20mil? coming to Ukraine, organizing a coup, get bunch of idiots killed. And wow! Ukraine is a USA ally now! Wow! NATO! Wow!

If you could just provide some reference, anything that would lend a modicum of credibility to what you claim, I’d love to read it.

Here’s my shit, lying-ass MSM reference I drew my info from:
https://foreignpolicy.com/2021/11/17/ukraine-energy-diversification-russia-gazprom/

If you could just provide some reference, anything that would lend a modicum of credibility to what you claim, I’d love to read it.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2021/11/17/ukraine-energy-diversification-russia-gazprom/
That just proves that you are not even trying to get second opinion.
Try at least reading European news, german for example.
Seriosuly, how dumb you have to be to believe that Ukraine is using European gas?
diversification my ass.
Go to the fucking google maps and find that pipeline from EU to the Ukraine they get their gas from!
This is nothing but a last ditch effort to stop Nord Stream 2.
These fucking nazis know that the days of Russia paying for transit are about to end.

Same story with fucking coal. They claim they don't buy coal from Easten Ukraine...... except that they are (actually were) buying coal from Russia which come around from..... Eastern Ukraine. Why you ask? I am glad you asked.....Ukrainian power stations don't really work well with crap they got from US and South Africa. So they buy Eastern Ukrainian coal through Russia and lie that they are not using separatist's coal. This is what your MSM would never tell you.

Last edited:
Aww, poor Pootey! Spent so many of his (stolen) billions trying to keep Ukraine in his portfolio, and now the bad bad US wants to kick the poor humanitarian to the curb and let the Trumpy Ukranians ally themselves with the European aggressors who have been trying to invade Russia and annex it for its oil ever since Crimea volunteered to become part of Russia.

^^^
Your news sources have turned you into a laughingstock, barbos.
Putin's ambition to re-create the Soviet glory days has remained the one constant in his erratic behavior. You can dress it up with all kinds lies, you can cite corrupt American motives, real and imagined, but the fact of Russia's perennial aggression can't be magically disappeared by your whining.
No, nukes in Cuba are still a non-starter, as the US putting nukes on the Ukranian/Russian border would be. That's not happening either.

Aww, poor Pootey! Spent so many of his (stolen) billions trying to keep Ukraine in his portfolio, and now the bad bad US wants to kick the poor humanitarian to the curb and let the Trumpy Ukranians ally themselves with the European aggressors who have been trying to invade Russia and annex it for its oil ever since Crimea volunteered to become part of Russia.

^^^
Putin's ambition to re-create the Soviet glory days has remained the one constant in his erratic behavior. You can dress it up with all kinds lies, you can cite corrupt American motives, real and imagined, but the fact of Russia's perennial aggression can't be magically disappeared by your whining.
Can't counter facts and resort to attacking the messenger?

^^^
If "the messenger" ever came up with actual facts that were relevant and in context, I probably wouldn't counter them since they would be facts. But your specious pro-Putin bullshit contains few facts, and those it does reference are warped beyond recognition by the bias forced upon you by your handlers.
Not worth addressing, when the overriding fact is that rationalizing Russia's expansionist ambitions are truly the sole focus of all the arguments you've been fed. All those whataboutisms and false fears of the mighty Ukranian Empire encroaching on Russian territory - it's all bullshit, no matter how many irrelevant facts (like Russian nukes in Cuba) you try to drag into it.

Tell your bosses they need to send you into battle better equipped than this! It will make for much better discussion.

^^^
If "the messenger" ever came up with actual facts that were relevant and in context, I probably wouldn't counter them since they would be facts. But your specious pro-Putin bullshit contains few facts, and those it does reference are warped beyond recognition by the bias forced upon you by your handlers.
Not worth addressing, when the overriding fact is that rationalizing Russia's expansionist ambitions are truly the sole focus of all the arguments you've been fed. All those whataboutisms and false fears of the mighty Ukranian Empire encroaching on Russian territory - it's all bullshit, no matter how many irrelevant facts (like Russian nukes in Cuba) you try to drag into it.

Tell your bosses they need to send you into battle better equipped than this! It will make for much better discussion.
I came with undeniable facts which refute your MSM "facts".
So stop your tiresome "Russian expansionism!" song.
Go and educate yourself.

So in conclusion, response should be public warning to .... Ukraine not do anything stupid and that Nord Stream 2 is a reality. I say "public" because it's quite obvious that they were warned privately by germans and most likely by other sane members of EU.

I don't know what crazies from State Department are telling their ukrainian puppets - probably "Do it!"

I am well educated about Russia's Soviet history and current ambitions to re-constitute the Soviet Union.
You echo Putin's whining about how "tiresome" it is to hear about his nature, denying his history and his ambitions.
Exactly what is expected from a propagandist shill.
Maybe you can get a raise, but you can't get credibility by crowing about "undeniable facts" you are fed (or make up), while denying what is obvious to anyone paying attention.
We shall see if Putin actually move on/invades Ukraine, and if he does, which excuse he puts forward for his aggression.
I can guarantee you that neither Ukraine nor any other "US proxy" is going to invade Russia from the Ukranian border, and the 90,000 Russian troops now camped on that border will have nothing to do until they are ordered to attack. If Putin is determined to launch such an attack, it will most likely be rationalized as a "response" to some imagined-but-non-existent threat. If it's not that, it may be a re-play of the Crimean land-grab. Declaring "it was always ours" worked there, so it might work again in Ukraine.

Saber rattling is the resort of desperate leaders whose public popularity is plummeting.

The notion that the Ukraine is run by nazis but Russia is not is delusional.

I think if Putin actually invades the Ukraine, I would be in favor of a quick and devastating destruction of the invading force by the US and its allies. I doubt that would happen.

Saber rattling is the resort of desperate leaders whose public popularity is plummeting.

The notion that the Ukraine is run by nazis but Russia is not is delusional.

I think if Putin actually invades the Ukraine, I would be in favor of a quick and devastating destruction of the invading force by the US and its allies. I doubt that would happen.
Oh, it won't happen unless it happens before EU and the US can get their co-ordinated response together. The last thing Pootey wants is to lose militarily. My assessment is that this is a little experiment to see how allied the opposition to his expansionism really is. The actual invasion will probably not be prefaced by an overt show of force.

That just proves that you are not even trying to get second opinion.
Try at least reading European news, german for example.
Seriosuly, how dumb you have to be to believe that Ukraine is using European gas?
I don't believe that. I did not say they did. This is why I posted the link to the article for you. To clarify. Evidently you did not read it.
But I will look for something that supports your assertions. If I find anything, I'll post it up. Then you can rely on my citations rather than your emotions to support your position.
diversification my ass.

Go to the fucking google maps and find that pipeline from EU to the Ukraine they get their gas from!
This is nothing but a last ditch effort to stop Nord Stream 2.
These fucking nazis know that the days of Russia paying for transit are about to end.

Same story with fucking coal. They claim they don't buy coal from Easten Ukraine...... except that they are (actually were) buying coal from Russia which come around from..... Eastern Ukraine. Why you ask? I am glad you asked.....Ukrainian power stations don't really work well with crap they got from US and South Africa. So they buy Eastern Ukrainian coal through Russia and lie that they are not using separatist's coal. This is what your MSM would never tell you.

If the US were really interested in Russia's land, then we could probably take down their entire government within a week, to be honest.

*wing-shrugs* It's just not our place to defend Europe's borders. They are our allies, and we would respectfully send them aid if they needed aid, just as they would do for us.

We have the single most overbuilt military in the world, though. If we really wanted Russia, we would already have it.

Back? Someone took it from them?
Well, according to current Ukrainian government Russia took it from them.
In reality, people there simply revolted against trumpers US installed in Kiev.

That deception fell apart long ago. Russian troops have been identified fighting in Ukraine and then fighting for Russia elsewhere.

The problem here is that it seems like Russia wants a war with Ukraine, for the express purposes of annexation of territory.
That's what MSM says, they are lying. Eastern Ukraine in particular is very unattractive piece of territory. There is only one reason for invading Ukraine - NATO expansion.
Putin informed NATO about that reason in 2008. You should know that by now.

Two reasons:

1) They consider it theirs and won't accept it's loss. The same thing that drives a lot of Islamist war.

2) It's a land connection to their port on the Black Sea.

Bullcrap. Russian position is clear. There will be no Ukraine if NATO decides to take them. And the fact that you don't know that is MSM's fault. They are filthy liars.

In other words, Russia will destroy Ukraine if Ukraine tries to avoid being taken.

I presume that when you don't simply hand over your lunch money that it's your fault the bully beat you up and took it.

We have the single most overbuilt military in the world, though. If we really wanted Russia, we would already have it.

This doesn't pass the laugh test.

Does the term "ICBM" mean anything to you? How about "SLBM"?

Back
Top Bottom