• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

In the polls decried by international watchdogs as a sham?
Are you fucking insane?
Are you saying that ukrainians wanted to join NATO before 2014?
decried by international watchdogs? Who would even do that?
what watchdogs?
You are fucking insane. Stop inventing shit.
NATO joining is not that popular even NOW, with your puppet regime in place.
You have a bunch nazi-trumpers in power in Ukraine who are on payroll in State Department. Ordinary folk don't want that shit, they are surviving.
Ah, so first Ukraine was corrupt for Biden and then all of a sudden it's full of trumpanzees?

You sound like the Chinese people my Chinese CEO WON'T hire who don't understand that Taiwan is an independent country.

I realized early on that tuning in to a spun propaganda faucet was probably a bad idea.

I'm guessing support for a unilateral invasion of Ukraine by Russian forces in reality is probably pretty low, unless perhaps you are a Russian oligarch who wants open access to a port without having to be diplomatic or conciliatory.

Oh, and I guess to distract from all the other bullshit Russia is up to.

Now if you're done with your Russian Princess impersonation routine...

The difference is, I see my country start wars for bullshit reasons and I say NO. You see your country starting wars for bullshit reasons and you say "your country did it do it's ok here". It's not ok when we did it and it's not OK when your country is doing it, and neither country should actually start shit or leverage might in the first place this way.

It's just bad faith you-too bullshit.

We see you.

Are you fucking insane?
what watchdogs?
You have a bunch nazi-trumpers in power in Ukraine who are on payroll in State Department. Ordinary folk don't want that shit, they are surviving.
Ah, so first Ukraine was corrupt for Biden and then all of a sudden it's full of trumpanzees?

You sound like the Chinese people my Chinese CEO WON'T hire who don't understand that Taiwan is an independent country.

I realized early on that tuning in to a spun propaganda faucet was probably a bad idea.

I'm guessing support for a unilateral invasion of Ukraine by Russian forces in reality is probably pretty low, unless perhaps you are a Russian oligarch who wants open access to a port without having to be diplomatic or conciliatory.

The difference is, I see my country start wars for bullshit reasons and I say NO. You see your country starting wars for bullshit reasons and you say "your country did it do it's ok here". It's not ok when we did it and it's not OK when your country is doing it, and neither country should actually start shit or leverage might in the first place this way.

We see you.
The scary thing about is that it's my understand that Barbos lives in America and has access to information. Think of all the Russians living in Russia who have no source of info that isn't directed by Putin. These people are understandably angry, bitter, and looking for scapegoats. China is the same. Sadly, I don't see how the world can really contain a bitter Russia and China from expanding considerably and causing wars.

Bullcrap. Russian position is clear. There will be no Ukraine if NATO decides to take them. And the fact that you don't know that is MSM's fault. They are filthy liars.

In other words, Russia will destroy Ukraine if Ukraine tries to avoid being taken.

I presume that when you don't simply hand over your lunch money that it's your fault the bully beat you up and took it.
Not destroy, will be forced to occupy it.
Forced. Like the US was forced to invade Iraq to protect itself from WMDs?
Maybe just the parts with predominantly russian population, or all except Western Ukraine (former Poland).
The point is, the red line was drawn long time ago.
I have no idea what goes on in Putin's head. I don't even know if he is in charge and there is a Politburo running things instead. I do think there is usually a long term plan, so the lines were drawn a while ago, but that doesn't justify the lines existence.

I also know that Ukraine is smaller than it was a number of years ago. And now there are talks of "occupying" portions of what is left. Taking those two small points in a vacuum, it looks like an expansion of power by someone that isn't Ukraine. Nation's seeking to become an empire rarely contract in size.

Are you fucking insane?
what watchdogs?
What are talking about? There are obvious similarities between 2014 coup and Jan 6.

We see you.
Fareed Zacaria agrees with me.

Here is the clip Barbos say FZ agrees with him on. It's about six minutes long. Can we say Barbos is stretching the truth again?

Not this clip, I watched him on Anderson Cooper. Where he explains Russian position on NATO expansion rather well, and does not mention recreating Soviet Empire at all.
By the way I vaguelly rememeber this Stavridis character from his time in Europe.
He is a lying piece of shit.

The difference between NATO expansion and Russian expansion is night and day.
Ukraine is a fine example. If it joins NATO it will be because it’s elected representatives decided to join NATO. If it joins the new USSR it will be at the point of a gun, after much blood is spilled.

ETA. 48% is a huge plurality in a country that has been subjected to Russian threats, and their intentionally sowing division, disinformation, and discontent for decades. Pootey’s boy Trump won the US Presidency with 49% and called it a landslide.

Here is the clip Barbos say FZ agrees with him on. It's about six minutes long. Can we say Barbos is stretching the truth again?

Not this clip, I watched him on Anderson Cooper. Where he explains Russian position on NATO expansion rather well, and does not mention recreating Soviet Empire at all.

The Russian position on NATO is that they don't want it to exist and will unilaterally attack people for participating in it.

Russia needs to cool their tits and back the fuck off of Ukraine. They also need to quit with bad-faith troll farm attacks, and quit whipping up anti-vaxx. I feel really sorry for all the russians, however few of them there may be, who have to live under so much bad faith.

Edit: and for all the rest of everyone who has too much bad faith to be able to prevent it from causing damage to literally everyone.

Ukraine is a fine example. If it joins NATO it will be because it’s elected representatives decided to join NATO. If it joins the new USSR it will be at the point of a gun, after much blood is spilled.
Go back to 1960s you came from and take all these retired admirals with you.

By the way I vaguelly rememeber this Stavridis character from his time in Europe.

Cool beans. Those meanies at Nato are at again. Can we find fault with Nato? You bet. IMO, the west poked the bear a little. Hit Russia when it was down. If we can find common ground, I'd love to see the west embrace Russia. I see no reason why we need to be enemies. We all want the same thing really. So, let's find a solution. A compromise. Why doesn't Putin honestly talk to the West? In a serious fashion. But here's the thing, the second Russia invades a sovereign country and kills people, they are at the wrong. Period. Of course the west is aligning against Russia, what do you expect? Rather than invade and call everyone a Nazi, why not find a compromise? Talk. In the event of an invasion, there will be many Russians killed also.

Sorry Barbos. I came from the 50s 😜
Gives me the long view. I can tell how that irritates you. Sorry, but the folly of youth has effected each of us at some time.
🤣

ETA. 48% is a huge plurality in a country that has been subjected to Russian threats, and their intentionally sowing division, disinformation, and discontent for decades. Pootey’s boy Trump won the US Presidency with 49% and called it a landslide.
Only 48% find these threats credible enough to run for NATO protection. Putin must start threatening more, much more, to get to 51%
And again Eastern Ukraine did not participate in the poll.

Why doesn't Putin honestly talk to the West?

Putin is in it for Putin. Not for Russia, not for Russian people. Not even for his cadre of thieving oligarchs. Why talk to the west, when they continuously push that democracy crap with its distribution of power, separation of powers etc. ? Putin has no use for anything that could take any bit of power from him personally.
Read his biography, and it’s plain to see that the die were cast when he was holed up against the crowd on East Germany.

Gives me the long view. I can tell how that irritates you. Sorry, but the folly of youth has effected each of us at some time.
🤣
What are you? 90 years old? I am impressed.
Yes, Alzheimer annoys me.
Are you math challenged? I am astounded.
1950 was 71 years ago.

Cool beans. Those meanies at Nato are at again. Can we find fault with Nato? You bet. IMO, the west poked the bear a little. Hit Russia when it was down. If we can find common ground, I'd love to see the west embrace Russia. I see no reason why we need to be enemies. We all want the same thing really. So, let's find a solution. A compromise. Why doesn't Putin honestly talk to the West? In a serious fashion. But here's the thing, the second Russia invades a sovereign country and kills people, they are at the wrong. Period. Of course the west is aligning against Russia, what do you expect? Rather than invade and call everyone a Nazi, why not find a compromise? Talk. In the event of an invasion, there will be many Russians killed also.

You want solution? You need to retire all these Russia experts, admirals and the rest of the scam who are financially interested to go to CNN and spew all that "expertise" they acquired over the years. Pay them the same money but demand to keep their crap to yourself. Yes, I am talking this piece of shit Stavridis, I remember him auditioning for post-military career.

Trade us Stavridis for Pooty?
You’d be a lot better off without that self interested kleptocrat.

🤣
What are you? 90 years old? I am impressed.
Yes, Alzheimer annoys me.
Are you math challenged? I am astounded.
1950 was 71 years ago.
No, you are, from the 50s means you were adult in the 50s or at least became adult in the 50s

Go back to 1960s you came from and take all these retired admirals with you.
I'm not following you here. Are you saying that Nato is threatening Ukraine with invasion if they don't join Nato?

Back
Top Bottom