• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

I don’t blame Pooty for his Ukraine paranoia. Ukraine joining NATO would be to Russia just a little bit like Newfoundland joining the Soviet Union would be to the US (except dumber). Maybe not an immediate overt threat, but uncomfortable on a lot of levels.
OTOH, Russia taking it over would put the Bear right on the doorstep of Western Europe. Maybe the current state of instability needs to be stabilized as such.
I don't find it uncomfortable in the least, assuming that the US didn't start amassing troops to prepare to invade Newfoundland unilaterally.

I would be very angry if that happened, the US engaging on a unilateral attack. And was, when it happened in Iraq. It cost me 3 years of my life to join the army, and it wasn't to protect American interests per SE, but to be exactly the line in the sand against further abuse by those to my left and right and the terrorist threat to my front as well.

Not exactly what a lot of people want to see of someone issued a gun by the state. But there it is. Someone has to "be there" who still cares about doing the right thing and will do it even to personal consequence.

Barbos said:
Ukrainian Government openly suggested hanging russians in Ukraine. Your fucking media have never reported that. I repeat, goverment critters suggested that.

Oh me oh my whatever will we do???!!!
Critters suggesting such things is just SO shocking. Like Trump wanting to shoot protesters, Congressmen and anyone else who tells the truth about him.
Did your media tell you about that?

Barbos said:
Ukrainian Government openly suggested hanging russians in Ukraine. Your fucking media have never reported that. I repeat, goverment critters suggested that.

Critters suggesting such things is just SO shocking. Like Trump wanting to shoot protesters, Congressmen and anyone else who tells the truth about him.
Don't forget 2nd Amendment solutions.

If I was in charge. I'd make it as clear as possible that the USA will let India dictate what the US will do about Russia. Nothing sparks more drama in the hood than telling an enemy his best friend has the power to decide his fate. :sneaky:

Barbos said:

Technically it was YOUR media - twitter. Your old media simply ignored it.
And now Trump is a gold standard of responsible politician?

Looks like there is a general understanding that Nord Stream 2 will not be part of the sanctions even if something happens in Ukraine. Even though germans themselves were publicly threatening to shoot themselves in the foot.
It's a very good sign, it takes away the main incentive to start a war from Ukrainian Junta.
I guess russian forces near ukrainian border DID prevent a war.

Last edited:
Looks like there is a general understanding that Nord Stream 2 will not be part of the sanctions even if something happens in Ukraine. Even though germans themselves were publicly threatening to shoot themselves in the foot.
It's a very good sign, it takes away the main incentive to start a war from Ukrainian Junta.
Where are you getting that? Very clearly, if Russia invades and starts another war, no more Nord Stream 2.

Where are you getting that? Very clearly, if Russia invades and starts another war, no more Nord Stream 2.
I get that from Ukraine, they are very disappointed with results of Biden-Putin zoom.
Specifically these trumpo-nazis noticed that Biden redacted military budget removing Nord Stream sanctions ..... 2 hours after zoom call :) They said Biden could have at least waited couple of days so it would not look so obvious :)

So WW3 has been cancelled :)

I get that from Ukraine, they are very disappointed with results of Biden-Putin zoom.
Specifically these nazis noticed that Biden redacted millitary budget removing Nord Stream sanctions ..... 2 hours after zoom call :) They said Biden could have at least waited couple of days so it would not look so obvious :)

So WW3 has been cancelled :)
As an aside, why do you always refer to Ukraine's government as Nazis? Is this just a convenient way to condemn a group that you don't like?

As an aside, why do you always refer to Ukraine's government as Nazis? Is this just a convenient way to condemn a group that you don't like?
Because that's what they are. Well, not all, not even mathematically significant minority.
But the base which their current so-called government have to placate are 100% nazis.
With swastika tattoos and WW2 "heroes" who were murdering jews and poles.
If the government stop placating them there will be another January 6 Maidan.
By the way, army for the most part are not nazis (not enough nazis to fill the army) and I doubt they will even fight Russian invasion.

By the way, Baltic states have the same nazi problem. Have annual nazi parades with all these 90+ veterans who fought alongside with germans marching proudly.
Government of course tries to distance as much as possible at least lately. But these are your NATO allies.

Last edited:
Because that's what they are. Well, not all, not even mathematically significant minority.
But the base which their current so-called government have to placate are 100% nazis.
With swastika tattoos and WW2 "heroes" who were murdering jews and poles.
If the government stop placating them there will be another January 6 Maidan.
By the way, army for the most part are not nazis (not enough nazis to fill the army) and I doubt they will even fight Russian invasion.

By the way, Baltic states have the same nazi problem. Have annual nazi parades with all these 90+ veterans who fought alongside with germans marching proudly.
Government of course tries to distance as much as possible at least lately. But these are your NATO allies.
The US has a number of annual Nazi parades too, though to be fair, there are a lot fewer soldiers who fought with rather than against the Germans over here to parade about.

What I CAN say is that unlike Russia, the US didn't exterminate jews in camps and with marches into the tundra. That happened to the Japanese here, and I might add was heavily criticized by folks like me and done by folks who did it "out of necessity"; as this is the se excuse used to gear up against Ukraine

Now, I'm a proponent of marching all the Nazis into the tundra, alongside any other fascist authoritarian.

But the reality is that the Nazis existed, and they were popular for the same reason as Trump: a large population of terrible people wish desperately to drink of Korn's cup.

The difference is, I don't really make much of a distinction. None of them is especially deserving of scorn except "all of them".

We can either agree to dislike all those who seek to drink from the cups offered of Korn and Mammon and the like; or you can be evil.

There's really no splitting hairs there.

Last edited:
My guess is the Russian forces are lined up to ensure Donbas falls in the same manner Crimea did. And it will, by pro-Russian separatist and plain clothed Russian forces. And after having these pro-Russian militants bully people into obtaining Russian passports (nearly one million now), Putin can claim he is just ensuring the safety of these newly minted Russian citizens. People who are actually nothing more than just scared for their own future.
This is how the thug Putin gets what he wants without the obvious hostilities of an invading force.
Then hopefully the US will increase funding to the European Deterrence Initiative created after the annexation of Crimea and increase our’s and NATO’s presence in the area. Then barbos can come back once again and cry about how the US and the EU are the aggressors.

My guess is the Russian forces are lined up to ensure Donbas falls in the same manner Crimea did. And it will, by pro-Russian separatist and plain clothed Russian forces. And after having these pro-Russian militants bully people into obtaining Russian passports (nearly one million now), Putin can claim he is just ensuring the safety of these newly minted Russian citizens. People who are actually nothing more than just scared for their own future.
This is how the thug Putin gets what he wants without the obvious hostilities of an invading force.
Then hopefully the US will increase funding to the European Deterrence Initiative created after the annexation of Crimea and increase our’s and NATO’s presence in the area. Then barbos can come back once again and cry about how the US and the EU are the aggressors.
Why are you posting this horse shit?
Why don't you go ask opinion of crimeans themselves?
Oh, right you are forbidden to travel there by your own government because you might learn that your government and media have been lying to you.

Yeah, people tend to overcorrect when they break free fom a particular flavor of opression. Children from overly repressive religious households tend to become some of the most vocal and militant atheists after they escape. (And children from overly repressive atheist homes can become the most militant religionists.) Also consider the Spanish Reconquista.

It is little surprise then that there are so many fascist fetishists in ex-soviet territory.

Most hispanics in the US recognize that the Republican party is actively courting the xenophobic racist white voting bloc and for that reason alone refuse to support Republicans. But not hispanics from Cuba! They are so traumatised by what they see as the failures of communism, they still prefer candidates who dogwhistle racist talking points because they are further away from left-wing politics.

Anyway, the point is that I think the Nazi problem in in these places comes from the failures and abuse the people suffered under the (Russian lead) Soviet Union. The Nazis and the political parties they support (in Ukraine) are fruit from seeds that Russia has sewn, not NATO.

What I CAN say is that unlike Russia, the US didn't exterminate jews in camps and with marches into the tundra.
Russia did not exterminate jews at all. Stop BSing

The Russians exterminated so many Jews so many times that there's a Russian name for the way Russians specifically went about exterminating Jews in Russia.

What I CAN say is that unlike Russia, the US didn't exterminate jews in camps and with marches into the tundra.

The Russians exterminated so many Jews there's a Russian name for the way Russians specifically went about exterminating Jews in Russia.
First of all not russians - ukrainians, cause they were living in modern day Ukraine
so credit due where it's due.
Second of all, exterminating jews was invented by Europeans, not a russian invention.

And the third, USSR and modern day Russia has not exterminated any jews.
Well, except ukrainian nazis during WW2, after which they name streets in modern day Ukraine.

The Russians exterminated so many Jews there's a Russian name for the way Russians specifically went about exterminating Jews in Russia.
First of all not russians - ukrainians, cause they were living in modern day Ukraine
so credit due where it's due.
Second of all, exterminating jews was invented by Europeans, not a russian invention.

And the third, USSR and modern day Russia has not exterminated any jews.
Buddy, calm down. So, you see the hypocrisy in calling the Ukranian government Nazis?

Back
Top Bottom