• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

Negative Kemosabe. You don't know your own history. Russia invaded Crimea in 2014, then E. Ukraine separated from Ukraine with Russian encouragement and direct help. That is the commonly held history of what happened. If you want to allege a contrary view, please support with evidence and links. Here's a source that could help you:
Crimea is not Eastern Ukraine. And nobody died in Crimea.
Why are you posting this obvious garbage?
What is your source that makes you believe that Ukraine attacked Eastern Ukraine killing 18 thousand people?
Estimate is 14K people and these are all sides including military.
What are your sources that it did not happen?

These republics declared independence from regime which came to power as a result of violent maidan coup.

In other news.
Gergiev was fired from La Scala too, replaced with another russian-ossetian. Ossetia is either have inordinate number of musical conductors or these people intentionally did that, understanding that did a boo-boo. Also Russian Opera singer Anna Netrebko was fired too, for the same reason.

She is from Krasnodar which is near Ukraine from a cossack family which are all realted to Ukraine and her last name is Ukrainian as well.
Negative. That's not how it works. You claimed that Ukraine attacked Eastern Ukraine and killed 14k people. What is your source for believing this?
Yes, they attacked republics which declared independence from Ukraine trying to get it back, source is reality. Bunch of other regions declared independence after maidan, but Ukraine managed to get them back.

So yeah, you have had a war for 8 years. You just was not informed by your media about it. And now you have to fire opera singers because of that.

What else? Americans landed on the Moon in 1969.

I don't know why Anna is being boycotted. However, I'd say this, it's the duty of all people who care about to peace, to boycott any Russian product or person (unless that person wants the war stopped) and any sanction against Russia. We should find any way possible to encourage the Russian troops to go home short of war.

Doesn't Russia have anything good to offer their neighbors other than self invitations?

Doesn't Russia have anything good to offer their neighbors other than self invitations?
I wrote you earlier. Russia offered refuge ~200K Ukrainians. Do you even read before you post?
I wasn't asking for what they had to offer a Country after they invaded. I'm asking what do they have to offer their neighbors to keep them as allies and away from NATO without invading them.

Lt. Col. Alex Vindman: How Trump's coup attempt encouraged Putin's Ukraine invasion | Salon.com - "Army officer who stood up to Trump: Disinformation from Fox News, GOP is "the reason Russia launched" invasion"

From Opinion | Putin has unfinished business in America - The Washington Post
Maybe now that the Russian invasion of Ukraine is well underway, the implications of President Vladimir Putin's actions against the United States in 2016 will finally sink in, especially for Republicans in Congress. The Vladimir Putin who planned, staged and launched a large-scale war on Ukraine is the same Vladimir Putin who ordered an aggressive, multifaceted, clandestine campaign to interfere in the 2016 U.S. presidential election.

Putin's Ukraine goal: pull that country from the West and back into Russia's sphere of influence. His U.S. goal in 2016: undermine the democratic process, disparage and undercut Hillary Clinton and her campaign for president, and help elect Donald Trump.

The outcome of his Ukraine campaign is yet to be decided. His U.S. effort found full success. … The simple truth is that Putin believed Russia would benefit from having Trump in the White House, and he pushed his intelligence services to help secure that outcome. Just as he perceives that a subjugated Ukraine benefits Russia and is now working to achieve that end.

Back to the article.
In this conversation, Vindman argues that Trump's coup attempt and other assaults on American democracy and the rule of law gave Vladimir Putin encouragement to pursue his illegal and unprovoked invasion of Ukraine. Vindman also shares his concerns that the Trump regime's crimes against democracy are only a blueprint for a future fascist leader who will be much more effective and dangerous. Vindman also offers his thoughts about the possibility of a second American Civil War, and about what it means to be a patriot in a time of rising fascism and a worsening crisis of democracy.

Zelensky arguing with nazi in Eastern Ukraine.

So Zelensky is not a nazi, but people fighting on "his" behalf ARE and he failed to take control of them in 2019. Now he is releasing some of that worthless scam from prisons.

I wrote you earlier. Russia offered refuge ~200K Ukrainians. Do you even read before you post?
I wasn't asking for what they had to offer a Country after they invaded. I'm asking what do they have to offer their neighbors to keep them as allies and away from NATO without invading them.
What does NATO offer, nazi scam running around Ukraine and killing people?

What does NATO offer?

I'm not exactly sure about that. I have my own reasons not to trust Europeans, but I'd wager Ukraine wants to join for a reason. What's that reason? I dunno Georgia? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It offers something that most people in this world desire: the ability to freely choose their own leaders without threat of invasion.

What does NATO offer?

I'm not exactly sure about that. I have my own reasons not to trust Europeans, but I'd wager Ukraine wants to join for a reason. What's that reason? I dunno Georgia? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
They did not want to join before maidan.

It offers something that most people in this world desire: the ability to freely choose their own leaders without threat of invasion.
They already had that.

I don't know why Anna is being boycotted
I told you why, she refused to read the text "civilized" world gave her because it was a lie. She is essentially from that area.
Well, I don't know much about her or the controversy around her. I don't like to post unless I have pretty solid links supporting me. However, it appears that she is pro-peace. She spoke out against Putin (anyone Russian with the balls to speak out against Putin should be lauded). She is standing by Gergiev who hasn't embraced peace yet. Based on what I've read, I wouldn't boycott her:

But I need more info.

Back
Top Bottom