• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How to reject Trump’s dystopian effort to text every American

Really, the complaints about this sound quite petty.
Agreed. Apart from partisan bickering, I can't fathom any real reason for objecting to an emergency alert system. TV messages are fast becoming obsolete.

I think the system is a very good idea. The only worry is the likelihood Cheetolini will abuse the system.

Agreed. Apart from partisan bickering, I can't fathom any real reason for objecting to an emergency alert system. TV messages are fast becoming obsolete.

I think the system is a very good idea. The only worry is the likelihood Cheetolini will abuse the system.

I figure he has plenty of other (better) systems to abuse ... even Cheato can't find the time to abuse everything.

I figure he has plenty of other (better) systems to abuse ... even Cheato can't find the time to abuse everything.

Why not abuse the radio and tv emergency alert systems? Those already exist, and we haven't been getting propaganda through those lately. Not since the end of the Cold war, anyway.

Maybe the staff just give him a tablet to enter his messages on, and then just tell him it went out to everyone. Given some of the other stories coming out of the White House I wouldn't be surprised.

Naturally I was teaching a class at the time; an amusing disruption, but it was my cultural course and we were on a proximate topic anyway, so we had a nice little discussion about it afterward about the interaction of technology and society (once everyone's devices had shut up of course).

Yeah. I was getting my hair cut yesterday when the signal was broadcast. The radio in the barbershop did its thing at the exact same time and so did everyone's phone in there. It was kind of cool, actually.

The only other thing to speculate in regards to this is what the right's reaction to this would've been had it occurred when Obama was POTUS. The conspiracies would've been running rampant, the consequences as devastating as a Jade Helm exercise.

I got it both on my current phone, and my old phone. The old S4 was (supposedly) disconnected when I replaced it, but it went off as well despite not being connected to Wi-Fi. (I still listen to music on it)

I got it both on my current phone, and my old phone. The old S4 was (supposedly) disconnected when I replaced it, but it went off as well despite not being connected to Wi-Fi. (I still listen to music on it)

Old phones will still receive alerts and you can also call 911 on them, even with no service.

Yeah. I was getting my hair cut yesterday when the signal was broadcast. The radio in the barbershop did its thing at the exact same time and so did everyone's phone in there. It was kind of cool, actually.
Actually... the barber is the last person I'd want to get startled. ;)

The only other thing to speculate in regards to this is what the right's reaction to this would've been had it occurred when Obama was POTUS. The conspiracies would've been running rampant, the consequences as devastating as a Jade Helm exercise.
Dude, the bus to sanity left a long time and we have all been left behind.

Back
Top Bottom