• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How was the election supposedly stolen?

If Orange Idiot had been elected there wouldn't be anything wrong with voting. But Orange Idiot lost so it's all broken and needs fixed.

How do you spell P A T H E T I C ?

It is amazing the degree to which some people will engage in confirmation bias and believe absolute nonsense, even as the facts show the opposite is true. Over the past few months, we’ve gone through the various “Twitter Files” releases, and pointed out over and over again how the explanations people gave for them simply don’t match up with the underlying documents.

To date, not a single document revealed has shown what people now falsely believe: that the US government and Twitter were working together to “censor” people based on their political viewpoints. Literally none of that has been shown at all. Instead, what’s been shown is that Twitter had a competent trust & safety team that debated tough questions around how to apply policies for users on their platform and did not seem at all politically motivated in their decisions. Furthermore, while various government entities sometimes did communicate with the company, there’s little evidence of any attempt by government officials to compel Twitter to moderate in any particular way, and Twitter staff regularly and repeatedly rebuffed any attempt by government officials to go after certain users or content.

Now, as you may recall, two years ago, a few months after Donald Trump was banned from Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube, he sued the companies, claiming that the banning violated the 1st Amendment. This was hilariously stupid for many reasons, not the least of which is because at the time of the banning Donald Trump was the President of the United States, and these companies were very much private entities. The 1st Amendment restricts the government, not private entities, and it absolutely does not restrict private companies from banning the President of the United States should the President violate a site’s rules.

As expected, the case went poorly for Trump, leading to it being dismissed. It is currently on appeal. However, in early May, Trump’s lawyers filed a motion to effectively try to reopen the case at the district court, arguing that the Twitter Files changed everything, and that now there was proof that Trump’s 1st Amendment rights were violated.

In October of 2022, after the entry of this Court’s Judgment, Twitter was acquired by Elon Musk. Shortly thereafter, Mr. Musk invited several journalists to review Twitter’s internal records. Allowing these journalists to search for evidence that Twitter censored content that was otherwise compliant with Twitter’s “TOS”, the journalists disclosed their findings in a series of posts on Twitter collectively known as the Twitter Files. As set out in the attached Rule 60 motion, the Twitter Files confirm Plaintiffs’ allegations that Twitter engaged in a widespread censorship campaign that not only violated the TOS but, as much of the censorship was the result of unlawful government influence, violated the First Amendment.
I had been thinking about writing this up as a story, but things got busy, and last week Twitter (which, again, is now owned by Elon Musk who has repeatedly made ridiculously misleading statements about what the Twitter Files showed) filed its response, where they say (with risk of sanctions on the line) that this is all bullshit and nothing in the Twitter Files says what Trump (and Elon, and a bunch of his fans) claim it says. This is pretty fucking damning to anyone who believed the nonsense Twitter Files narrative.

The new materials do not plausibly suggest that Twitter suspended any of Plaintiffs’ accounts pursuant to any state-created right or rule of conduct. As this Court held, Lugar’s first prong requires a “clear,” government-imposed rule. Dkt. 165 at 6. But, as with Plaintiffs’ Amended Complaint, the new materials contain only a “grab-bag” of communications about varied topics, none establishing a state-imposed rule responsible for Plaintiffs’ challenged content-moderation decisions. The new materials cover topics ranging, for example, from Hunter Biden’s laptop, Pls.’ Exs. A.14 & A.27-A.28, to foreign interference in the 2020 election, Pls.’ Exs. A.13 at, e.g., 35:15-41:4, A.22, A.37, A.38, to techniques used in malware and ransomware attacks, Pls.’ Ex. A.38. As with the allegations in the Amended Complaint, “t is … not plausible to conclude that Twitter or any other listener could discern a clear state rule” from such varied communications. Dkt. 165 at 6. The new materials would not change this Court’s dismissal of Plaintiffs’ First Amendment claims for this reason alone.
Moreover, a rule of conduct is imposed by the state only if backed by the force of law, as with a statute or regulation. See Sutton v. Providence St. Joseph Med. Ctr., 192 F.3d 826, 835 (9th Cir. 1999) (regulatory requirements can satisfy Lugar’s first prong).
Here, nothing in the new materials suggests any statute or regulation dictating or authorizing Twitter’s content-moderation decisions with respect to Plaintiffs’ accounts. To the contrary, the new materials show that Twitter takes content-moderation actions pursuant to its own rules and policies. As attested to by FBI Agent Elvis Chan, when the FBI reported content to social media companies, they would “alert the social media companies to see if [the content] violated their terms of service,” and the social media companies would then “follow their own policies” regarding what actions to take, if any. Pls.’ Ex. A.13 at 165:9-22 (emphases added); accord id. at 267:19-23, 295:24-296:4. And general calls from the Biden administration for Twitter and other social media companies to “do more” to address alleged misinformation, see Pls.’ Ex. A.47, fail to suggest a state-imposed rule of conduct for the same reasons this Court already held the Amended Complaint’s allegations insufficient: “[T]he comments of a handful of elected officials are a far cry from a ‘rule of decision for which the State is responsible’” and do not impose any “clear rule,” let alone one with the force of law. Dkt. 165 at 6. The new materials thus would not change this Court’s determination that Plaintiffs have not alleged any deprivation caused by a rule of conduct imposed by the State.

Later on it goes further:

It's been over 2 weeks since this was posted. So when am I going to start seeing this evidence? I'm starting to get the impression that this is yet another bullshit accusation from the right and Jim Jordan is hoping no one will follow up on his baseless claims.

Considering what Zipr posted, I'm guessing this is just another forlorn hope of mine that evidence is going to be provided. A repeated pattern of this making a claim, then hoping everyone will forget about it in a couple of weeks might suggest something to a third party observer with regards to bullshit Q-tard accusations.

In unrelated news, youtube will now allow bullshit 2020 election conspiracy theories on their platform. Yay?

To date, not a single document revealed has shown what people now falsely believe:

Twitter staff regularly and repeatedly rebuffed any attempt by government officials to go after certain users or content.

You can't have it both ways. The government either coerced Twitter or they didn't. If your 2nd statement is the truth your first assertion is BS.

You can't have it both ways. The government either coerced Twitter or they didn't. If your 2nd statement is the truth your first assertion is BS.
I'm starting to understand why you believe what you believe. Let me help you.

Statement 1 - No evidence of FBI and Twitter working in cahoots.
Statement 2 - Twitter regularly and repeatedly refusing to accede to requests by government officials.

Do you need an explanation as to how those 2 statements aren't mutually exclusive?

Statement 2 - Twitter regularly and repeatedly refusing to accede to requests by government officials.

Do you need an explanation as to how those 2 statements aren't mutually exclusive?
For a reasonable person, its enough just to know government officials tried to do what the documents revealed. Because the reasonable person would be able to admit (which you aren't) the extreme power disparity that exist. What the government was doing was exactly the same as the woman being asked on a daily basis to have sex by her boss. The woman might decline sex every ask but even with no sex taking place, do you think what the boss was doing is something to be apologized for?

Furthermore, the reasonable person would have to admit that the players at twitter (at the time) were extremely left biased which (I believe) is why most of them got fired during the transfer of ownership. Their lack of impartiality was clearly shown by the documents.

For a reasonable person, its enough just to know government officials tried to do what the documents revealed. Because the reasonable person would be able to admit (which you aren't) the extreme power disparity that exist. What the government was doing was exactly the same as the woman being asked on a daily basis to have sex by her boss. The woman might decline sex every ask but even with no sex taking place, do you think what the boss was doing is something to be apologized for?

Furthermore, the reasonable person would have to admit that the players at twitter (at the time) were extremely left biased which (I believe) is why most of them got fired during the transfer of ownership. Their lack of impartiality was clearly shown by the documents.
At this point, a reasonable person would have long since rejected the "election was stolen" narrative. Because a reasonable person would realize that if the right had actual, irrefutable evidence that there was fraud on the part of the Democrats - let alone a widespread conspiracy to commit fraud - there is no way they would have accepted the results of the election and settled into minority status.

As I've said before, if they had all this evidence, they'd be relentlessly pursuing the overturning of the 2020 election, do the same for 2022, and would be presenting all this "evidence" at every opportunity on every venue. The courts, the media (all of it, not just rabidly pro-Trump outfits), the floors of every legislature, and would have a slick report produced and mailed to every voter in America.

Because if they had the goods, they could not only potentially overturn an election, but if they could pin the plot on their opposition beyond a reasonable doubt, they could destroy the Democrats as a political party, or at least make them utterly irrelevant for a generation. The 2022 election would have been a landslide, Democratic leaders would be facing serious charges, there would be no more "swing states" to fight over, and the GOP would have essentially one-party rule until a new opposition party could be built from the smoking wreckage of the party of FDR and Obama.

There is no way in hell the GOP would sleep on this. Mitch "I'll hold up a Supreme Court nomination for a year just to own the libs" McConnell would be all over that like a Kentucky hound dog that's got the scent of a varmint, and he'd never let it go. Yet he let it go. He stood up on the floor of the Senate and said (basically) "Jesus Christ will you people let it go already?" and settled meekly into the Minority Leader's seat.

And Fox News? One of the biggest pushers of the "election was stolen" narrative settled with Dominion for a rather large sum of money and - it is hard to believe the two aren't related - shit-canned their most popular and lucrative host. Why would they settle if they were right about Dominion? Because they knew that in court, they'd have to admit that they knew it was bullshit all along. It's simple...to a reasonable person.

Why would they settle if they were right about Dominion?
Because those dirty leftits threatened to do something horrible to them if they didn’t pay most of a billion dollars and stop telling the truth about Dominion.
Everybody knows Trump won in 2020 - by A LOT. Trump himself even said so Himself! He SAID so!!!!11!!!!111
If that doesn’t prove it to you, nothing will!

The documents show no such thing.

What you are mistaking for "extremely left bias" is the hugely disproportionate amount of lies and dissembling coming from the "extremely right biased".

Here's an example.
I'm not sure when the last time Trump lied "Obama ordered the wiretapping of Trump campaign headquarters". I know it went on long after the facts were well known.

The investigation of Paul Manaforte for connections to Russian criminals and money laundering started well before Trump hired him as campaign manager. The investigation didn't end until he was convicted. That didn't stop Trump and his supporters from repeating the lie over and over.
Tom

ETA ~I firmly believe that Manaforte's connections to Russia and dirty money are exactly why Trump hired him in the first place. ~

Allow me to translate that for you:

"Heads, I win, tails, you cheated."

At this point, a reasonable person would have long since rejected the "election was stolen" narrative. Because a reasonable person would realize that if the right had actual, irrefutable evidence that there was fraud on the part of the Democrats -
That's exactly the rub. How do you get any evidence unless the system allows for you to secure the evidence? An out of hand rejection pursuing the matter is not settling anything. If an election was a landslide I wouldn't see the problem rejecting spending the time. But this was a close and hotly contested matter deserving far more scrutiny. . Every contested state should have adjudicated their results even if they were frivolous. ......for the sake of all the conned Maga supporters.

To date, not a single document revealed has shown what people now falsely believe:

Twitter staff regularly and repeatedly rebuffed any attempt by government officials to go after certain users or content.

Requesting moderation is not coercion. Anyone can report a tweet, you can do it, it doesn't mean you coerced Twitter.

At this point, a reasonable person would have long since rejected the "election was stolen" narrative. Because a reasonable person would realize that if the right had actual, irrefutable evidence that there was fraud on the part of the Democrats -
That's exactly the rub. How do you get any evidence unless the system allows for you to secure the evidence? An out of hand rejection pursuing the matter is not settling anything. If an election was a landslide I wouldn't see the problem rejecting spending the time. But this was a close and hotly contested matter deserving far more scrutiny. . Every contested state should have adjudicated their results even if they were frivolous. ......for the sake of all the conned Maga supporters.

The real "rub" is that there is no level of evidence that will move the people for whom "the election was stolen" is a matter of faith.

I live in a "contested" state. Arizona was one of the places where the right wing figured they'd put some eggs in the basket of "this is where the fraud happened."

How did that work out?

Election officials knew what was coming, and tried to get ahead of it by making the process almost absurdly transparent. In Maricopa County, for example, there was a QR code you could scan that would allow you to literally watch the counting 'o the votes live. Observers from both parties watched over the entire process from start to finish. There was a recount, and an official audit, and even a "fraudit" commissioned by a pro-Trump and pro "the election was stolen" outfit that was created specifically to "find the fraud."

They went through every ballot by hand, and determined that - spoiler alert - there was no fraud and Biden won. In fact, they gave Biden a handful more votes than the official count.

But it gets better. The County Recorder - a Trump supporter who won his election over the previous office holder (who is now our Secretary of State) - went through the process with a fine-toothed comb and found (spoiler alert) no fraud. In fact, he wrote an Open Letter to his fellow Republicans explaining exactly how he arrived at that conclusion. I highly recommend you read the entire thing.

Every single case in this contested state that was brought to the courts (and our judges are almost all Republicans) in both the 2020 and 2022 races were thrown out for being not just frivolous, but without merit.

Yet your position here seems to be "well...you just didn't look hard enough."

And that's the frustrating part. No matter how closely we examine our elections, we cannot convince those that go on faith. Because at this point, that's all they have. At least here in Arizona, the evidence has been reviewed, and there is absolutely no doubt that the elections were run fairly and accurately. How much more scrutiny is needed?

Apparently your answer is "scrutinize it until the result changes and Trump is declared the winner."

That is not a "reasonable" position.

(p.s. seriously...read the open letter from our county recorder linked above.)

That's exactly the rub. How do you get any evidence unless the system allows for you to secure the evidence? An out of hand rejection pursuing the matter is not settling anything.
Same goes for the Loch Ness Monster, anal probing aliens, chupacabras, bigfoot and little green men.

How do you get any evidence unless the system allows for you to secure the evidence?
The system does.

Feel free to provide evidence that ~8,000,000 votes were fraudulent.
It's been over 2 years and the best evidence available is that Fox paid Dominion almost a billion dollars because Fox lied about the election over and over.

Have you got any better evidence than that?
I assume not, because even Donald Trump doesn't. If he did, we'd know about it.
Tom

How do you get any evidence unless the system allows for you to secure the evidence?
The system does.

Feel free to provide evidence that ~8,000,000 votes were fraudulent.
It's been over 2 years and the best evidence available is that Fox paid Dominion almost a billion dollars because Fox lied about the election over and over.

Have you got any better evidence than that?
I assume not, because even Donald Trump doesn't. If he did, we'd know about it.
Tom
I don't think everyone has the ability to understand your point. This is not the reason we have courts and laws where information is gathered and conclusions are reached but those courts accomplish this for those unable to comprehend it themselves. The problem is that some folks cannot accept the results of those legal proceedings. This is why I just tell MAGAtards and other of these loon types that, Yes, the election was stolen and stolen so well that no evidence will ever come to light about that "steal." This probably puts their mind at rest better than anything else.

Mr Moogly is right. The 2020 election was scrutinized closely enough to catch a dozen or so Republican cheats, yet not even that many fraudulent votes for Biden were discovered, let alone the eight million by which Sleepy Joe demolished Cheato in the popular vote.
Yet we still have Troo Bleeverz who “have a feeling” that the thumping endured by their fact-denying hero was somehow unearned.
To @RVonse I can only off some solace in that it is true that there was a conspiracy to deny Trump any further access to the office he nearly destroyed: 81 million co-conspirators made it happen and every last one of them knows how to keep their mouths shut about it, unlike Trump.
Y’all can’t seem to understand your own old tagline “you lost, get over it” but maybe you can swallow it if rephrased “you got ripped off by the most genius plan ever hatched, get over it!

How many court cases did Rudy G initiate all over the country then when they got to court they didn't have any evidence to present? A lot of the states did do recounts. It changed the vote total very little. Arizona spent a butt load of taxpayer money to have a Trump supporting company come in to do another recount. They found more Biden votes. Trump himself hired two audit companies to look for vote irregularities. They didn't find any so Trump buried their reports.

Trump is psychologically incapable of admitting he lost so he continues to lie about the election. Foolish MAGAts lap that crap up like pronouncements from the Lord himself. It doesn't change the fact that it's just bullshit.

I can answer a question with so many questions, What do you do with someone who is not willing to face facts? How many times has Trump ordered an investigation in voters fraud (hint: more than twice)? What were those independent findings?

Why do you keep doing this? Is it because real life doesn't equate with what you want? Are you so infantile that when things don't go your way you just have a temper tantrum until things do?

I'm not accusing you of anything. To quote one of your heroes Tucker Carlson, I'm just asking questions.

Back
Top Bottom