• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How was the election supposedly stolen?

Rudy Guiliani certainly does have me convinced…
7 little words that have me convinced of something.
Anyone who is convinced of ANYTHING by Rudi Patooti can be safely disregarded as a rational human.
And this is what I said before your edit, "Rudy Guiliani certainly does have me convinced that he at least believes the election was indeed stolen"

And there is a big difference between what you thought I said and what I actually said. The staff at CNN would be proud of you.
Cool. So to clarify, do you believe the election was stolen? Do you believe election fraud is a problem despite the fact that it has had no effect on any outcome in any election ever in the US?

By the way, "Rudy Guiliani certainly does have me convinced that he at least believes the election was indeed stolen" is pretty passive aggressive. I'm not saying you are completely full of shit, I'm just asking questions.

I'm not saying you are completely full of shit, I'm just asking questions.
That’s certainly a ringing endorsement.
I don’t think I bothered disabusing the poster of the notion that Rudi believed the bullshit he was peddling. He is well documented acknowledging there’s nothing to any of it.

I played a pick-up game of basketball with a group of guys years ago. One guy in particular was known for dribbling into a crowd and taking the shot.

If the ball went in the basket, his team accepted the points. If the ball failed to go in, he called "Foul!" He never said who fouled him or how, he just asserted that someone--anyone--bumped his arm or nudged him, causing him to miss the shot. We had no refs, of course, we were just playing on the honor system.

It was uncanny, how he needed to wait however long it took to establish that the ball would miss the hoop before he decided that he must have been fouled.

It wasn't quite the level of "Heads I win, Tails you cheated" but it was close.

Rudy Guiliani certainly does have me convinced…
7 little words that have me convinced of something.
Anyone who is convinced of ANYTHING by Rudi Patooti can be safely disregarded as a rational human.
And this is what I said before your edit, "Rudy Guiliani certainly does have me convinced that he at least believes the election was indeed stolen"

I am entirely convinced that my old college roommate believes he was abducted by aliens. I lived with the guy for 7 years starting in the dorms, and after we graduated in a few different apartment complexes. The topic of alien abductions never came up back then, but a few years after we parted ways, Jeff had a traumatic experience which "triggered his memories" of his alleged abduction. We traded a number of emails over the years discussing the subject, and I was one of his few friends who didn't dismiss him as crazy or abandon him.

Jeff was active in the UFO community. He was an artist, and not only illustrated his own "experience" with some impressive artwork, but also illustrated books by prominent UFO people. Turned it into a little cottage industry to earn some extra money.

Do I believe he was abducted by "the greys" numerous times during his life? Of course not. I think it was a combination of a less than perfect childhood, that summer he spent on the couch in our apartment doing acid with his girlfriend, and the traumatic event which happened after we parted ways. I didn't try to disabuse him of the idea in no small part because he was such a good friend, he'd finally found some purpose for his life, and honestly...he wasn't really hurting anyone by selling UFO art and illustrating books.

Rudy Ghouliani was the personal attorney to the fucking President of the United States. He had the ear of someone who was - at the time - arguably the most powerful person in the world...and he tried to help that person seize the government of the most powerful nation on the planet.

Does it really matter if Jeff thinks he was taken up into a spaceship? No. Because nobody ever beat a cop to within an inch of their life over it. I can't say the same about Rudy.

Does it really matter if Jeff thinks he was taken up into a spaceship? No. Because nobody ever beat a cop to within an inch of their life over it. I can't say the same about Rudy.

What are you talking about? Jan 6th was a peaceful protest. Just ask the guy who started this thread.

Cool. So to clarify, do you believe the election was stolen?
I don't know because I have no way of knowing. Especially with today's government controlled media. All that can be done IMO is assign a probability based on observation of individuals that are in a position to know. Meaning it is very likely (not only the last election but many others) close US elections can and will be stolen. If a state is controlled by one party or the other their election process is compromised IMO.

But I simply do not know with concrete data or facts so that puts whatever my opinion is in same the realm of whether or not UFO are real or not.

I don't know because I have no way of knowing. Especially with today's government controlled media. All that can be done IMO is assign a probability based on observation of individuals that are in a position to know. Meaning it is very likely (not only the last election but many others) close US elections can and will be stolen. If a state is controlled by one party or the other their election process is compromised IMO.

But I simply do not know with concrete data or facts so that puts whatever my opinion is in same the realm of whether or not UFO are real or not.

If you jammed a nail file into your dick hole, would it hurt? How would you know until you actually did it?

RVonse said:
“If a state is controlled by one party or the other their election process is compromised IMO.”

Republicans control most States, but the best they can do is to gerrymander their way to a razor thin House majority.

Go figure. They must be the stupidest, most hapless compromisers EVER.

Meanwhile, those crafty Democrats have frauded their way into the White House, a Senate majority and almost kept the House in the last election. All without leaving one shred of evidence of fraud that can pass the smell test in court.

By your own measure Vonse, your Party is run by idiots whereas the Dem party is staffed by pure geniuses.

But you should know that there never was an election integrity problem until Agent Orange came along screaming about it before he even lost, and lost, and lost, and lost…

Why do you take stock in such a loser, @RVonse?

I'm just curious why RVonse doesn't question Trump's 2016 win, you know because we have no way of knowing. Why is he silent on this? Is it because he makes his mind up and searches for articles that support his claim instead of objectively looking over the facts?

I'm just asking questions here.

The deep state strikes again. :hysterical:

It's impossible to know anything with absolute certainty; Therefore anything the Democrats or the Mainstream Media say must automatically be impossible to verify, have an unknown likelihood of being true, and be treated with deep mistrust and skepticism.

Fortunately, the completely reliable and honest people on the Internet and Fox News are available to provide the TruthTM

It's impossible to know anything with absolute certainty; Therefore anything the Democrats or the Mainstream Media say must automatically be impossible to verify, have an unknown likelihood of being true, and be treated with deep mistrust and skepticism.

Fortunately, the completely reliable and honest people on the Internet and Fox News are available to provide the TruthTM
As Fox News has pointed out they adhere to the highest journalistic standards, as exemplified by their nearly billion dollar payout to Dominion. A dishonest organization wouldn’t do that, now would they?

As Fox News has pointed out they adhere to the highest journalistic standards, as exemplified by their nearly billion dollar payout to Dominion. A dishonest organization wouldn’t do that, now would they?
It bears repeating that if Fox News had evidence that the 2020 election was stolen, they would not only have to not settle with Dominion, but their profits from exposing the most explosive scandal in American political history would make Bezos and Zuckerberg green with envy. The Democrats would be finished as a party, and we'd have at least a generation before another political party could stand up to the GOP and their mainstream media partner.

"The left" would be like Mace Windu...blown out of a window with their arms cut off while Murdoch cackled and demanded obedience from his apprentice.

Weird how they passed up that chance, isn't it?

But there is a way of knowing:

Look at the evidence each side is presenting. How substantial is it, how well does it address the points by the other side. In any major situation like this it is completely reasonable to assume that both sides will bring their A-team to the situation, if they fail to make an important point it's because it's pretty much false.

The recent Dominion case should show you how insubstantial the Republican position is.

(Not to say the problem is only with the right. Applying the same standard to discrimination shows that it isn't a big issue--because despite decades of hunting the only solid evidence is of disparate outcome, not of disparate opportunity.)

It bears repeating that if Fox News had evidence that the 2020 election was stolen, they would not only have to not settle with Dominion, but their profits from exposing the most explosive scandal in American political history would make Bezos and Zuckerberg green with envy. The Democrats would be finished as a party, and we'd have at least a generation before another political party could stand up to the GOP and their mainstream media partner.

"The left" would be like Mace Windu...blown out of a window with their arms cut off while Murdoch cackled and demanded obedience from his apprentice.

Weird how they passed up that chance, isn't it?
I guess they took the high road to avoid appearing partisan.

All that can be done IMO is assign a probability based on observation of individuals that are in a position to know. Meaning it is very likely (not only the last election but many others) close US elections can and will be stolen.

Who are these people you say are in a position to know?

You mean Giuliani, don't you?

All that can be done IMO is assign a probability based on observation of individuals that are in a position to know. Meaning it is very likely (not only the last election but many others) close US elections can and will be stolen.

Who are these people you say are in a position to know?

You mean Giuliani, don't you?
An Attorney General perhaps?

But there is a way of knowing:

Look at the evidence each side is presenting. How substantial is it, how well does it address the points by the other side. In any major situation like this it is completely reasonable to assume that both sides will bring their A-team to the situation, if they fail to make an important point it's because it's pretty much false.
Some states allow ballot harvesting and other states more sympathetic to the Republicans do not. https://www.spotlightpa.org/news/2020/10/pa-who-can-drop-off-mail-absentee-ballots/

This is one example how the Republicans allege cheating. (Just to be clear, this is what they are saying and not my assertion.) And the way a state conducts its election process is highly dependent on which party controls that state. That is a serious weakness in our voting system IMO. And it looks bad for that state because it makes that state look like it skewed the election because of laws favorable to a particular party.

IMO it surely would not hurt if ALL US states were required to end the process of ballet harvesting (federal elections only). There should be rough requirements and guidelines so that federal elections were all handled the same way then no room for arguments. And there should be no justifiable reason why this wouldn't be a non partisan change since even the Democrats would be able to take the high ground and eliminate any complaints.

And while we improve federal voting, there should also be federal requirement that votes are properly counted within a certain time frame. Let both parties help get the votes counted...but after 3 or 4 days there should be serious federal sanctions given to that state up to and/or including not counting their electoral votes..

Our voting process really does need to be better. There will still be cheating but at least some additional measures could be made to make it look more fair.

This is one example how the Republicans allege cheating.
Sure thing Vonse. Dems allege that Republican gerrymandering is cheatin, and is probably responsible for their minority domination of Statehouses.
. :shrug:
But Dems are not therefore calling for dismantling democracy like your orange idiot does.
Face it;
YOU LOST
GET THE FUCK OVER IT!

Back
Top Bottom