• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

I Am Shocked!

Trausti

Deleted
Media trust hits new low

For the first time ever, fewer than half of all Americans have trust in traditional media, according to data from Edelman's annual trust barometer shared exclusively with Axios. Trust in social media has hit an all-time low of 27%.

56% of Americans agree with the statement that "Journalists and reporters are purposely trying to mislead people by saying things they know are false or gross exaggerations."
58% think that "most news organizations are more concerned with supporting an ideology or political position than with informing the public."

What? Sure the media's fawning over Biden's inauguration and the conspicuous absence of CNN's Covid ticker since 1/20 is a bit suspicious, but the media is the guardian of truth! And you don't want to be against truth, do you?

after all these years i still have to sometimes actively force myself to remember that you're not an article from the onion engaged in some elaborate plot to pass yourself off as a person.

Media trust hits new low

For the first time ever, fewer than half of all Americans have trust in traditional media, according to data from Edelman's annual trust barometer shared exclusively with Axios. Trust in social media has hit an all-time low of 27%.

56% of Americans agree with the statement that "Journalists and reporters are purposely trying to mislead people by saying things they know are false or gross exaggerations."
58% think that "most news organizations are more concerned with supporting an ideology or political position than with informing the public."

What? Sure the media's fawning over Biden's inauguration and the conspicuous absence of CNN's Covid ticker since 1/20 is a bit suspicious, but the media is the guardian of truth! And you don't want to be against truth, do you?

Not sure if your precise claim about the covid ticker is true, but this is a great clip:

I can't believe CNN et al are distrusted. I mean, it's not like they have dishonestly edited videos to appear to show the opposite of what they actually show.

Oh, wait! Here is an especially egregious example:

For the first time ever, fewer than half of all Americans have trust in traditional media

And for the first time they elected a president who calls truthful media "fake news", repeating himself ad nauseum until he turned 38% of the country into a bunch of blubbering Qrybabies who continue to repeat his lies. The ONE thing he has done well over four years is erode trust. In media, law enforcement, our judicial system, our democracy, our allies... everyone and everything but Donald Trump. - And people bought it.
Your peeps, Trausti. Too bad.
YOU LOST.
Get over it.
I hope he hangs for treason.

To quote The Magicians: "Who would ever trust news from a fox? Foxes all lie."

Fox news has been doing their best to offer up a platter of non-truth. They fought a supreme court battle, and won, for the dubious honor to not have to tell the truth.

The widespread crowing about fake news predictably came from the same people who argued, and won, to made "fake news" legal. I didn't see CNN or MSNBC arguing before the SCOTUS so that they could lie. I sure saw Murdoch Et Al doing it though.

And every time I turn on CSPAN to watch congressional proceedings, it's not CNN that's panning the cameras away whenever some 50%-ish segment that doesn't perfectly align with their direction of spin comes on.

There is no "what about" here. The very fact that the left already knew what propaganda was, the fact we didn't need some new term to come along and make us think about it but we had already trained for years to see it, and that training impugned conservative news source is telling enough.

Fuck off.

Media trust hits new low

The right wing doesn't like the truth so they have been engaging in a Gobbels-level campaign of complaining about the media, when in reality it's Faux Noise and the like that are dishonest.

Assuming the reporting of the poll is accurate and the poll is well/designed , I wonder what drove those results.

Frankly, I think bundling up all sources of news into one category (“the media”) is counterproductive. There are source that have pronounced biases. There are sources with higher standards. It may be that the liw standard and/or highly biased are driving this result.

But the irony of a devout Trump supporter whinging about the media and “truth” is fascinating.

Media trust hits new low

The right wing doesn't like the truth so they have been engaging in a Gobbels-level campaign of complaining about the media, when in reality it's Faux Noise and the like that are dishonest.

Did you even see the video that Derec posted above? If so, how in the world could you possibly come to a conclusion that any media could be worse than CNN????? I mean really....how does it get any worse than that?

Somehow you must have missed seeing the video so here it is for you again.

Frankly, I think bundling up all sources of news into one category (“the media”) is counterproductive.
Frankly, I think the conglomeration of media that took place during the Clinton administration was the most counterproductive to our informed population which has entered a new era of idocracy. Whatever relative small payoff the Clinton's reaped would have been more than offset by order of magnitude the ultimate dumbing down of the United States.

how in the world could you possibly come to a conclusion that any media could be worse than CNN?????

Which CNN program or newscaster has been DEFENDED in court by claiming no reasonable, thinking person would accept their claims as actual news? That sould be the worstest, to me, admiting that you're not even pretending to be a news channel when (person) is babbling his bullshit into the camera.

Also, the biz about the covid death ticker in the corner of the screen may or may not be true -- I rarely look at that stuff. But -- Jesus on a pogo stick -- hasn't everyone noticed that our new President is telling us at every appearance that the numbers are grim and massive and have not bottomed out? What possible reason do you have to complain that somehow we'ere being lulled into complacency? As opposed to the Orange One, who seemed not to know or care that hundreds of thousands of Americans were paying the ultimate price for his policies. Who, in the last grueling two and a half months of his reign, had nothing to say about it and no time for it. If I was the Georgia coroner who filled out Herman Cain's d.c., I'd have put Trump's photo on the cause of death line.

EshShxwXUAo8LUr

EshShyLVkAEtaad

Did you even see the video that Derec posted above? If so, how in the world could you possibly come to a conclusion that any media could be worse than CNN????? I mean really....how does it get any worse than that?

Somehow you must have missed seeing the video so here it is for you again.

I wasn't interested in the source the first time. Check the quality of sources!

https://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1803/1803.01845.pdf

And for the first time they elected a president who calls truthful media "fake news",

But the allegedly "truthful" media like CNN are known to lie and put ideology above facts. The claim to "fake news" would not have worked if there weren't examples when CNN et al were fake, like for example the completely fake claim that Sylville Smith's sister was calling for "peace".

CNN has also done pretty positive reporting on leftist Portland rioters

Is it then any surprise that some people don't believe them when they are truthful and talking about something important like COVID?

I hope he hangs for treason.

How very "reign of terror" from you. :rolleyes:

The right wing doesn't like the truth
Neither does the Left Wing really. Just because Fox News, OAN etc. are bad does not mean CNN and various lefty outlets on the web like Truthout and Common Dreams are good.

so they have been engaging in a Gobbels-level campaign of complaining about the media, when in reality it's Faux Noise and the like that are dishonest.

Goebbels? You lose!

Back
Top Bottom