• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

I can't tell you if I'm vaccinated. That would violate HIPAA rules.' What an Idiot!

In a little over a year, the US has suffered about as many deaths from covid as we experienced in the entire Civil War, which is usually cited as the most traumatic tragedy in our entire history. And we STILL have these righties who spread the most ignorant notions about covid and the supposed government overreach on masks and vaccines. They show utter contempt for the health care providers. Their orange hero was covid's best friend. How does America produce these people? If I shared the beliefs of the Trumpies on guns, abortion, taxation, the election system, gay rights, and civil rights (a solid no on all 6), I would still -- hopefully -- have to reject the movement because of what they've done to America since the virus landed here. How would you like to be a nurse, doctor, or intern who had to treat one of these idiots as a fresh covid case? Marjorie: forget HIPAA and report directly to your death panel.

Anti-Vaxxers Feed Off Democrats' Skepticism of COVID Vaccine

Especially this part here:

What's uniting many people are concerns that this potentially fast-tracked, liability-free vaccine will be mandated to return to normal life," she said. "Having top Democrat leaders raise these questions has given an even greater voice to the concerns shared by many who believe in sound science, safe vaccines, and industry accountability."

In a little over a year, the US has suffered about as many deaths from covid as we experienced in the entire Civil War, which is usually cited as the most traumatic tragedy in our entire history. And we STILL have these righties who spread the most ignorant notions about covid and the supposed government overreach on masks and vaccines. They show utter contempt for the health care providers. Their orange hero was covid's best friend. How does America produce these people? If I shared the beliefs of the Trumpies on guns, abortion, taxation, the election system, gay rights, and civil rights (a solid no on all 6), I would still -- hopefully -- have to reject the movement because of what they've done to America since the virus landed here. How would you like to be a nurse, doctor, or intern who had to treat one of these idiots as a fresh covid case? Marjorie: forget HIPAA and report directly to your death panel.

What's uniting many people are concerns that this potentially fast-tracked, liability-free vaccine will be mandated to return to normal life," she said. "Having top Democrat leaders raise these questions has given an even greater voice to the concerns shared by many who believe in sound science, safe vaccines, and industry accountability."
Yeah, and the released peer review documentation was enough to quell concerns of over-rushing the process. There are more Democrats vaccinated than Republicans.

Yeah, and the released peer review documentation was enough to quell concerns of over-rushing the process. There are more Democrats vaccinated than Republicans.

Who woulda thunk that '2+2=5' would start to sound quite reasonable, with '2+2=Fruit Salad' racing down the rabbit hole...

Especially this part here

What's uniting many people are concerns that this potentially fast-tracked, liability-free vaccine will be mandated to return to normal life."

You know what makes the vaccine necessary to return to normal life? A global pandemic. Blame the virus for the need, not the vaccine.

And the faster we get the vaccine out, the less likely a new variant needing a new vaccine.

Yeah, and the released peer review documentation was enough to quell concerns of over-rushing the process.
What about the concerns people have with these corporations who have sovereign immunity? Private corporations who can't be sued even if they put hog shit in your vaccine. Even if they kill everyone in the state of Ohio? After seeing how Ford treated its Pinto customers its fair to say the average drug corporation is not the least concerned over your welfare. Not really. You think they really care about the quality of their trials. Give me a break Jimmy.

And to be concerned over that fact is not irrational even if you are not a Democrat.

What's uniting many people are concerns that this potentially fast-tracked, liability-free vaccine will be mandated to return to normal life."

You know what makes the vaccine necessary to return to normal life? A global pandemic. Blame the virus for the need, not the vaccine.

And the faster we get the vaccine out, the less likely a new variant needing a new vaccine.
In the better world, both Republicans and Democrats would have done the right thing. They would have spoken to the public in a unified voice about how best to save the lives of citizens..........
Well that sure did not happen...

Like it or not it was the Democrats who were the FIRST party to officially make COVID into their political hay. Yes, Trump just happened to be in office when the pandemic first arrived instead of Biden. And yes, the Republicans would have no doubt acted in the same despicable way the Democrats did. But the fact remains it was the DEMOCRATS who were the first to work the virus into their political football. After all, it had to always be Trumps fault people were being killed by the virus.

And the fact you and others on this board can not even see that far to it speaks volumes IMO.

And yet Trump tried so hard to demand credit for fast tracking the vaccine, even while his supporters are refusing to take it.

Trump: Can you believe Biden with that HUGE mask?...Masks are good...Look, I'm taking mine off...Masks are good...I don't want masked people around me in the Oval Office...Come to my rally, mask or no mask, but sign this paper that you can't sue me.
In between infecting the White House and killing Herman Cain, he must have put out more falsehoods and dipsy-doodle rumors about covid than Q has blogged about the Deep State child sex-slave cabal.

Yeah, and the released peer review documentation was enough to quell concerns of over-rushing the process.
What about the concerns people have with these corporations who have sovereign immunity? Private corporations who can't be sued even if they put hog shit in your vaccine. Even if they kill everyone in the state of Ohio? After seeing how Ford treated its Pinto customers its fair to say the average drug corporation is not the least concerned over your welfare. Not really. You think they really care about the quality of their trials. Give me a break Jimmy.

And to be concerned over that fact is not irrational even if you are not a Democrat.

Can’t live your life fear of anything*.

* except what I fear

ALL CAPS ARE SOOOOO FUN

In the better world, both Republicans and Democrats would have done the right thing. They would have spoken to the public in a unified voice about how best to save the lives of citizens..........
Well that sure did not happen...

Like it or not it was the Democrats who were the FIRST party to officially make COVID into their political hay. Yes, Trump just happened to be in office when the pandemic first arrived instead of Biden. And yes, the Republicans would have no doubt acted in the same despicable way the Democrats did. But the fact remains it was the DEMOCRATS who were the first to work the virus into their political football.
Soooooo, since the DEMOCRATS 'officially' made COVID into political hay, just when and how did they do this FIRST?

After all, it had to always be Trumps fault people were being killed by the virus.
Sadly, it didn't have to be this way. But sure as shit in a swamp, FUCK FACE VON CLOWNSTICK and his clown car team fucked up the response 7 ways from Tuesday, pretty much out of the gate.

Soooooo, since the DEMOCRATS 'officially' made COVID into political hay, just when and how did they do this FIRST?
Well, they didn't want or mean to. All of America oretty much expected The Current Administration to use lessons learned and playbooks written, and listen to experts, and make eradication of the disease a priority well within our technical capability. We beat polio, we went to the moon, we have air fryers...

When The Cunt Administration did none of that, then you notice it was almost exclusively Democrats that shouted "do your fucking job!!!'

Although, to my mind, approving TCA's actions was entirely politically based. Thus both sides turned it equally political in parallel and tandem.

Not defending Greene or anything. But
"I can't tell you" and "I don't have to reveal" are different things. The OP title is sorta fake news, misrepresentation of what Greene actually said.

Just sayin'
Tom
Greene is propagating fear of the vaccine. Fuck her.
But regardless of that, it is better to go with the truth. TomC is correct.

And yes, she's bad news. And she's also mistaken in her claim about the correspondent. But still, she did not say she can't in any sense of that term.

Nope. Without a release they can still neither confirm nor deny. Every so often we see cases in the news where someone is proclaiming something happened and the medical facility (or occasionally the police) just says they're not allowed to say anything. I've seen it happen in cases where the public "acknowledgement" was obviously false.

(Personally, this is an aspect of the law I would like to see changed--making a public claim about something HIPAA-protected should allow the release of a minimum rebuttal.)

Baloney.

After watching it on TV any doctor in the world can say Biden got the vaccine.

It is not personal information.

It is public knowledge.

Any doctor who learned of it by watching TV can. The people involved in providing the shot can't unless he signs a release allowing it.

And how can it be proven, anyway? He got a shot. What was in the needle? Doctors can recognize the vaccine in the needle???

Based on the info, I read that 32-case number was increased to 62-case, likely because they wanted a better idea as to the required number of doses for the vaccine via a larger pool. One typically wants more data when timelines have been cut.

So they didn't actually halt the trials but expanded them?

I don't think they did either.

The trials were to continue until a certain number of recipients were diagnosed with Covid, then they would look at whether those people had the real vaccine or the placebo. This is standard procedure in most such cases (although in many cases instead of the placebo they receive the normal standard of care.) The people involved with the patients do not know what was in the pill or the needle--it's all done behind codes.

It looks to me like they were going to review the data at 32 cases, but they blew past that point so fast that they wanted to drop the review and the FDA agreed it had become moot. The same people would be doing the interim review and doing the final analysis, skipping the interim review would actually produce faster results than doing it.

They certainly could be sued if they put hog shit in the vaccine. The immunity only applies to effects of what they were supposed to put in the vial. We have handled vaccinations this way for a long time because the court system proved incapable of handling such cases adequately. We have a far more sensible system in place where instead of a jury listening to sob stories we have a board of medical people who consider whether those sob stories are actually from the vaccine or simply coincidence. Juries have a very bad track record with handling cases where the result is obvious but the chain of events is murky. That's why obstetricians have such high malpractice premiums. Damaged baby -- natural or oxygen shortage during delivery? Juries tend to award millions without any evidence of the doctor doing wrong.

The op title isn't a quote. It represents what she did in total. She demonstrated she is incapable of answering the question with an honest yes or no. The deflection used was HIPAA.

Nope. Without a release they can still neither confirm nor deny. Every so often we see cases in the news where someone is proclaiming something happened and the medical facility (or occasionally the police) just says they're not allowed to say anything. I've seen it happen in cases where the public "acknowledgement" was obviously false.

(Personally, this is an aspect of the law I would like to see changed--making a public claim about something HIPAA-protected should allow the release of a minimum rebuttal.)

Baloney.

After watching it on TV any doctor in the world can say Biden got the vaccine.

It is not personal information.

It is public knowledge.

Any doctor who learned of it by watching TV can. The people involved in providing the shot can't unless he signs a release allowing it.

And how can it be proven, anyway? He got a shot. What was in the needle? Doctors can recognize the vaccine in the needle???

If I get the shot in a room filled with people who have nothing to do with giving me the shot I have made the matter public knowledge and anybody who was involved in giving me the shot can now talk about it.

I released them by making it a public matter.

If you get your shot in public it is public knowledge.

If you get it at your doctors office it is protected information.

Very simple.

If you have your abortion in public same thing.

Bottom line is anybody can talk about their own medical status to anybody else.

HIPPA has nothing to do with being asked or talking about private medical information.

But today if you don't want to talk about your vaccine status you have ulterior motives and are pandering to dangerous morons.

But today if you don't want to talk about your vaccine status you have ulterior motives and are pandering to dangerous morons.

This is the only explanation I can even think of.

It's like Trump claiming that he couldn't release his tax returns because he was being audited. That lie was caught out almost immediately, but he never admitted the lie. He just changed to a new one, "I'll release my tax returns when Obama proves he was born in the USA."

It's a pattern.
Tom

Based on the info, I read that 32-case number was increased to 62-case, likely because they wanted a better idea as to the required number of doses for the vaccine via a larger pool. One typically wants more data when timelines have been cut.

So they didn't actually halt the trials but expanded them?

I don't think they did either.

The trials were to continue until a certain number of recipients were diagnosed with Covid, then they would look at whether those people had the real vaccine or the placebo. This is standard procedure in most such cases (although in many cases instead of the placebo they receive the normal standard of care.) The people involved with the patients do not know what was in the pill or the needle--it's all done behind codes.

It looks to me like they were going to review the data at 32 cases....
They were going to do 32 cases, but there was criticism that 32 wasn't a high enough threshold. So they up'd it to 62 cases, and by that point it actually reached near 100.
...but they blew past that point so fast that they wanted to drop the review and the FDA agreed it had become moot. The same people would be doing the interim review and doing the final analysis, skipping the interim review would actually produce faster results than doing it.
It wasn't an interim review, it was the ultimate basis for applying for emergency approval. And due to the widespread vaccination program, many felt the 32 number was simply not high enough. So they made it higher, and had oodles of cases at that point, thanks to America spreading it in November.

Not defending Greene or anything. But
"I can't tell you" and "I don't have to reveal" are different things. The OP title is sorta fake news, misrepresentation of what Greene actually said.

Just sayin'
Tom
Greene is propagating fear of the vaccine. Fuck her.
But regardless of that, it is better to go with the truth. TomC is correct.

And yes, she's bad news. And she's also mistaken in her claim about the correspondent. But still, she did not say she can't in any sense of that term.
Yes, the good news is that after the right-wing has devoured our democracy, we'll at least have our shiny pedestals.

Back
Top Bottom