• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

I can't tell you if I'm vaccinated. That would violate HIPAA rules.' What an Idiot!

Any doctor who learned of it by watching TV can. The people involved in providing the shot can't unless he signs a release allowing it.

And how can it be proven, anyway? He got a shot. What was in the needle? Doctors can recognize the vaccine in the needle???

If I get the shot in a room filled with people who have nothing to do with giving me the shot I have made the matter public knowledge and anybody who was involved in giving me the shot can now talk about it.

I released them by making it a public matter.

If you get your shot in public it is public knowledge.

If you get it at your doctors office it is protected information.

Very simple.

If you have your abortion in public same thing.

Bottom line is anybody can talk about their own medical status to anybody else.

HIPPA has nothing to do with being asked or talking about private medical information.

But today if you don't want to talk about your vaccine status you have ulterior motives and are pandering to dangerous morons.

You still don't get it.

Yes, you can talk about your medical status to anyone--but note that normally nothing compels you to tell the truth. HIPAA has absolutely no bearing on what you choose to say.

HIPAA applies to medical information obtained from being on the doctor side of the doctor-patient relationship--and this includes even non-medical employees of the doctor, as well as any other doctors the file is shared with. How public that information is otherwise is irrelevant.

Consider. Suppose you posted on here Dr. <my wife's former employer> did <x> to me. I recognize your name from the billing records I saw and confirm or deny your statement--HIPAA violation, I would be in trouble. Never mind the doctor is dead, the office is long gone and I was never actually an employee anyway.

But today if you don't want to talk about your vaccine status you have ulterior motives and are pandering to dangerous morons.

This is the only explanation I can even think of.

It's like Trump claiming that he couldn't release his tax returns because he was being audited. That lie was caught out almost immediately, but he never admitted the lie. He just changed to a new one, "I'll release my tax returns when Obama proves he was born in the USA."

It's a pattern.
Tom

He didn't change to a new one. He continued to repeat that one over and over. That's his modus operandi.

HIPAA applies to medical information obtained from being on the doctor side of the doctor-patient relationship--and this includes even non-medical employees of the doctor, as well as any other doctors the file is shared with. How public that information is otherwise is irrelevant.

If you get your shot in public everyone involved has been freed of their confidentiality requirements.

You have made it public knowledge.

It is not protected information.

I saw Biden get his vaccine.

I can tell anybody about it and so can the person who gave him the shot.

But regardless of that, it is better to go with the truth. TomC is correct.

And yes, she's bad news. And she's also mistaken in her claim about the correspondent. But still, she did not say she can't in any sense of that term.
Yes, the good news is that after the right-wing has devoured our democracy, we'll at least have our shiny pedestals.

Do you believe that misrepresenting MTG helps you defend your democracy better? I believe you can do better by criticizing her for what she actually says and does.

If you get your shot in public everyone involved has been freed of their confidentiality requirements.

Continuing to repeat this doesn't make it so. You have had multiple people on here who are actually subject to such rules point out how it actually works.

In the case of Biden--you have no proof of what was in the needle. Some of the Quckoos have claimed that the major Republicans getting shots in public actually involve saline.

Continuing to repeat this doesn't make it so. You have had multiple people on here who are actually subject to such rules point out how it actually works.

In the case of Biden--you have no proof of what was in the needle. Some of the Quckoos have claimed that the major Republicans getting shots in public actually involve saline.

I can only lead mules to water.

When you make something public knowledge you cannot claim it is protected information.

You are just wrong.

Biden has no protection when he makes a medical matter public knowledge.

Proving anyone got the vaccine is impossible, even for the person giving the shot, so that comment is meaningless.

When you make something public knowledge you cannot claim it is protected information.

You are just wrong.

Proving anyone got the vaccine is impossible, even for the person giving the shot, so that comment is meaningless.

You still don't get it. Biden is free to talk about it. The docs involved aren't free to confirm or deny.

In another thread you identified yourself as working in a hospital. I'm amazed you haven't had mandatory training on this.

You are just wrong.

You still don't get it. Biden is free to talk about it. The docs involved aren't free to confirm or deny.

In another thread you identified yourself as working in a hospital. I'm amazed you haven't had mandatory training on this.

I obviously know a lot more about this than you.

If asked, his doctor can say "Yes" Biden had the vaccine.

"You all saw it."

You don't know what you're talking about.

Protected information is different from publicly acknowledged information.

If somebody famous comes out and says they have cancer their doctors are allowed to confirm it.

Not defending Greene or anything. But
"I can't tell you" and "I don't have to reveal" are different things. The OP title is sorta fake news, misrepresentation of what Greene actually said.

Just sayin'
Tom

The title is misleading, but MTG's utterance is still wrong and stupid:
. . . . "your first question is a violation of my HIPPA rights."
No it isn't. Compelling an answer might be a violation, but just asking the question isn't.
And competent officials serving the public interest should be happy to answer.

"I can't tell you" and "I don't have to reveal" are different things. The OP title is sorta fake news, misrepresentation of what Greene actually said.

Just sayin'
Tom

No it isn't. Compelling an answer might be a violation, but just asking the question isn't.

The OP title is wrong and misleading.

Please try to keep up.
Tom

Nobody cares.

The strange woman said asking a question is a violation of HIPPA.

She is as deluded as they come.

Something only a Republican could vote for.

Just sayin'
Tom

Please try to keep up.
Tom

The op title isn't a quote though.

It is very possible that Congresswoman Greene cannot tell if she has been vaccinated.

Just sayin'
Tom

Please try to keep up.
Tom
:confused: Two unrelated statements can both be true. :confused:

Please try to be logical.

Please try to keep up.
Tom
:confused: Two unrelated statements can both be true. :confused:

Please try to be logical.

The OP title and the OP are making two different claims. The OP is demonstrably true. The title is not.

I'm not talking about what MTG said, exactly. I'm talking about what the TFT poster posted.
Tom

The OP title and the OP are making two different claims. The OP is demonstrably true. The title is not.

The OP title is not meant to be a direct quote, though, is it?

Oh.

So [MENTION=106]T.G.G. Moogly[/MENTION]; is in a category with Tucker Carlson.

Everybody knows better than to believe that drivel.

Tom

I obviously know a lot more about this than you.

If asked, his doctor can say "Yes" Biden had the vaccine.

"You all saw it."

You don't know what you're talking about.

Protected information is different from publicly acknowledged information.

If somebody famous comes out and says they have cancer their doctors are allowed to confirm it.

I suggest you talk with your compliance officer.

Back
Top Bottom