• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

I have proof for the existence of God!

Underseer

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheism, resistentialism
The existence of country and western "music" proves that god exists, that He hates us all, and He wants us all to suffer as much as possible before we die.

Go ahead and refute my logic if you dare.

The existence of country and western "music" proves that god exists, that He hates us all, and He wants us all to suffer as much as possible before we die.

Dolly Parton has big boobs = no God.

I think you will feel better when you're sober.

I think you will feel better when you're sober.

Are you suggesting that country & western music is not evidence for the existence of god?

But there is no possible other explanation for the existence of country & western "music." Only a divine being could create something that awful.

But there is no possible other explanation for the existence of country & western "music." Only a divine being could create something that awful.
In the Spellsinger series, it was attributed to demons. The turnabouts were the clear sign.

Hard work brings poverty, love brings betrayal, True Love is a harbinger of death, patriotism leads to dying on foreign soil, and professional truckers stack the chickens up just a little higher than the bottom of the underpass...

In the Spellsinger series, it was attributed to demons. The turnabouts were the clear sign.

Hard work brings poverty, love brings betrayal, True Love is a harbinger of death, patriotism leads to dying on foreign soil, and professional truckers stack the chickens up just a little higher than the bottom of the underpass...

Obvious propaganda! An all-powerful being is the only possible explanation for the existence of country & western "music." Mere demons aren't capable of creating that much awfulness. Both omnipotence and omniscience would be required for this.

There really is some great country music. I won't get into what I think is great country music though because that's inappropriate in this forum.

All genres have horrible products. That doesn't mean all genres are horrible though. People now like to trash 80s metal, but it wasn't all hair and spandex. It was undergirded with a drive towards technical expertise. Listen to Warrant--the musicianship is fucking excellent and many of their songs had really complex structure.

I happen to think L'l Wayne is un-fucking-listenable and cannot fathom why people listen to that shit. But they do. And I find it to be an argument for the lack of a loving god because if such a god gave a damn about us, he wouldn't allow such things to exist. But that's just me and means nothing to Li'l Wayne fans.

God found my car keys for me. They were under a newspaper with the Thousand Oaks shooting story.

Even better evidence for god - I am not trapped in the wild fires in California. God had me live around 2,500 miles away from that mess.

But... someone will find an unharmed Bible/Crucifix/bit-of-wood-framing-shaped-vaguely-like-a-cross somewhere among the burnt remains of Paradise and one hundred of its former citizens. Don't you want to be there to witness the miracle?

God found my car keys for me. They were under a newspaper with the Thousand Oaks shooting story.

Even better evidence for god - I am not trapped in the wild fires in California. God had me live around 2,500 miles away from that mess.

But... someone will find an unharmed Bible/Crucifix/bit-of-wood-framing-shaped-vaguely-like-a-cross somewhere among the burnt remains of Paradise and one hundred of its former citizens. Don't you want to be there to witness the miracle?

Sure. If God kills a hundred toddlers in a burning orphanage, but saves one of the crucifixes, that's evidence of his power and benevolence.

As others have pointed out, no matter what happens, it's viewed as supporting evidence for the conclusion.

[YOUTUBE]jk6ILZAaAMI[/YOUTUBE]

Hypothesis: God was farted into existence by a giant space goat. The Goat created God, and God created everything else, therefore everything is evidence for the space goat.

And that's kind of the rub, isn't it? Because the space goat explains everything, how can we disprove the space goat? No evidence can possibly disprove the space goat because of how I defined the space goat. Explaining everything explains nothing if explaining everything makes your claim non-falsifiable.

ok. 21% of the US reports Country music is there favorite, which is the largest segment. second is Rock at only 18%.
I read somewhere that Rap is passing Rock in popularity, but that is only with a specific age group. If that becomes the case across all age groups, then I guess you're right... god does hate us.

Every time I hear a country song it almost always references drinking beer or pretty women. What's the deal with that?

I was told as a child that if you listen to Heavy Metal, you will go to hell... proof was that if you play the album backwards, you can hear Satan and you will be cursed for life.
If you play Country music backwards, you get a new job, a new girlfriend, your bum knee stops hurting, and your dog finally comes back home.

Back
Top Bottom