• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

I love Sarah Silverman

somebody2

Basic Beliefs
Atheist
I'm watching on Netflix it started off so relevant to Cathy Griffin story. Shouldn't Comedians should get a pass?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm watching on Netflix it started off so relevant to Cathy Griffin story. Shouldn't Comedians should get a pass?

What would a "pass" look like? Sometimes shocking passes for funny and sometimes it is funny. That's the difference between what's funny and what's not. Even then, it doesn't guarantee the funny survives the moment. There was a time when "dead baby" jokes were in vogue.

If we start giving a pass to comedians for shock value comedy, we'll take all the fun out of it.

I still don't see how Sarah got away with her Comedy Central series -- on the first one aired, she fucked God, who was black -- then, the morning after, lied to him to get him out of her life. Now, that's balls!!! Yet I've never heard a single hard right Christian raging about that. Kathy G. says 'Suck it, Jesus' and it's the subject of full-page protest ads.

I still don't see how Sarah got away with her Comedy Central series -- on the first one aired, she fucked God, who was black -- then, the morning after, lied to him to get him out of her life. Now, that's balls!!! Yet I've never heard a single hard right Christian raging about that. Kathy G. says 'Suck it, Jesus' and it's the subject of full-page protest ads.

Wild speculation:
Jewish atheists are still considered Jews, but there's no such thing as a Catholic atheist. You have to stop being a Catholic in order to become an atheist. Perhaps Kathy is perceived as being "more atheist" than Sarah?

I love her too, but only in a sexual comedic kind of way.

She's totally hot and funny. A better combination does not exist.

I love her too, but only in a sexual comedic kind of way.

She's totally hot and funny. A better combination does not exist.

[emoji23]🤣[emoji23]🤣 my son in law got to meet her on a flight once. I think he was very happy. Lol

Back
Top Bottom