• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

I must have missed the day in history class ...

Except that your false equivalence is based upon a deliberately dishonest misrepresentation of any in the GND or what AOC's office has said.
Unless you can quote from the GND house resolution or AOC saying "all air travel" will be ended, then it is a lie.

It is not in the actual resolution, but this is what AOC wrote in the FAQ to the GND.
AOC's GND FAQ said:
We set a goal to get to net-zero, rather than zero emissions, in 10 years because we aren’t sure that we’ll be able to fully get rid of farting cows and airplanes that fast,
I do not see how it can be read except to mean that AOC wants to get rid of planes, but is not sure she can do it within the 10 year plan.

You can try to quibble with my far more reasonable and context-relevant interpretation, but again, the burden is 100% on you to show where AOC said "all" would not exist at all as an option.

"fully get rid of [..] airplanes" is pretty damn explicit.

I can't decide which is more plausible: that Trump thought airports existed in 1776, or that he simply couldn't read the teleprompter. Both are possible.

The thought that he misread the teleprompter and thought it said we attacked airports without going "Huh?" is frightening.

I can't decide which is more plausible: that Trump thought airports existed in 1776, or that he simply couldn't read the teleprompter. Both are possible.

The thought that he misread the teleprompter and thought it said we attacked airports without going "Huh?" is frightening.
Hey, at least he is not denying that he said it. Not his fault, still, but he is accepting that he said airports in reference to the revolutionary war.
Baby steps.
I kean, this IS the guy who runs businesses by bankruptcy, and runs charities for profit, and denies saying things we have tapes of him saying, so this is damned near a breakthru.

Yeah, it's possible that someone maliciously fed the teleprompter a stupid speech, knowing that he would just read out whatever was there; But that's no less scary - a President who doesn't even notice that he is babbling nonsense written by someone else is a pretty worrying prospect.

Normally, a President has seen the speech at least once before it is delivered which would mean in this case that Trump saw that written (if it was in there). I understand that normal is a big assumption in this case.

It should be obvious by now that Trump does not pay attention to anything he says. Nor does he feel bound to be accurate. He is a classic bullshitter. He has been rewarded his entire life through bullshitting, and his base eats his bullshit up.

A friend of mine who worked in the office of one of our state legislators was in the habit of getting back at her boss for his laziness and disorganisation (which often meant large amounts of overtime being demanded at short notice), by adding malapropisms, or unusual and hard to pronounce words to his speeches, secure in the knowledge that he wouldn't even glance at them before standing up to read them to the legislative assembly.

Most of the time, nobody noticed - he just had a reputation for being a slightly overconfident speaker, who muddled his words and attemped loquaciousness beyond his abilities.

Which in the Queensland Parliament is hardly remarkable (though I do wonder just how many other disgruntled electorate officers and parliamentary researchers there might be out there).

Back
Top Bottom