• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

I think we can make the positive claim that nothing like 'gods' exist

When "I can be as a function of (a bunch of neurons being arranged into a specific graph structure)", then being cannot be said to be singular or unique.

I accept the symmetry of others. You cannot love your neighbor as yourself, in fact, until you do.

Assuming you are "god, top of the food chain" and they are not is the very first step away from loving your neighbor as yourself.

Using circular reasoning and invoking contradictory thought is not going to make any friends here, nor is calling yourself god.

As it is, my general policy on gods is "please either apologize profusely and clean up the messes you made, or fuck off into exile forever lest we come back with whatever weapons we may invent so to fuck you off, or perhaps shove your avatar into a box somewhere so it can't bother us anymore"

i offer the same greeting to gods who can't get their shit together and love their neighbors as themselves as I do kings: not worship, but a sword.
Okay let me clean up the mess for you.
(1) in the beginning…
(0) before the beginning was NOTHINGNESS
The very first 1 is I AM
Moses ask god who shall I say sent me god replies “tell them I AM has sent you
Rene Descartes clarified with “I think therefore
I AM” I is a singularity 1…god/1 is 1 zero/0 is 1 vibrating 1001100011
In the beginning was the word.. vibrating energy
And the word became flesh.. (I AM)
And welt among men…vibrating communicating 10011100011 colours sounds thoughts all just vibrating energy. Do you understand so far?

When "I can be as a function of (a bunch of neurons being arranged into a specific graph structure)", then being cannot be said to be singular or unique.

I accept the symmetry of others. You cannot love your neighbor as yourself, in fact, until you do.

Assuming you are "god, top of the food chain" and they are not is the very first step away from loving your neighbor as yourself.

Using circular reasoning and invoking contradictory thought is not going to make any friends here, nor is calling yourself god.

As it is, my general policy on gods is "please either apologize profusely and clean up the messes you made, or fuck off into exile forever lest we come back with whatever weapons we may invent so to fuck you off, or perhaps shove your avatar into a box somewhere so it can't bother us anymore"

i offer the same greeting to gods who can't get their shit together and love their neighbors as themselves as I do kings: not worship, but a sword.
Committing suicide won’t help
Energy cannot be created or destroyed
Just keeps changing form
I think therefore I am.. just firing synapses creating a perception of a physical reality in order to enjoy its existence as a consciousness in a universe of nothingness..

It’s only you that exists and needs to get your shit together by realizing you are whatever you make yourself to.
God is one of us… trying to make his way home… to become a singularity that is happier.
With a purpose now to fulfill
Which is to make our existence as enjoyable as possible.

@AGodForTheAtheist

And the best way to make existence as enjoyable here as possible is to stop claiming you are the God, stop mangling physics, and back up your assertions from commonly held principles between you and the persons you discuss with.

If you want to bother some folks about it, go read some Kabbalah and see if you are really all that unique in your beliefs...

There's even a handy name though for afflictions of folks like you in those parts: "main character syndrome".

@AGodForTheAtheist

And the best way to make existence as enjoyable here as possible is to stop claiming you are the God, stop mangling physics, and back up your assertions from commonly held principles between you and the persons you discuss with.

If you want to bother some folks about it, go read some Kabbalah and see if you are really all that unique in your beliefs...

There's even a handy name though for afflictions of folks like you in those parts: "main character syndrome".
Who do you think you are? You offer claims and assertions.. I offer EVIDENCE LOGIC AND REASON… religion is a disgusting forum where people argue fight and murder in the name of god or Jesus. I offer you a different description that is based on the binary system where
1= positive consequences
0= not positive consequences
10001111100000. Vibrating energy we use to express our consciousness.
Colours angstroms vibrating energy
Sounds decibels vibrating energy
Thoughts consciousness vibrating energy…
Only now ever exists
Past does not exist anymore
Future does not exist yet
I SUPPORT EVERYTHING I SAY
With logic reason and evidence
No bible or science book bullshit…

Who do you think you are
You peer and equal on this earth, and someone you should respect just as much as yourself. I am a denizen of this place since long before you got here, and I am asking you, same as someone on the subway in Japan would, were you to crow this loudly, to please quiet down.

I offer a claim of fact, and you can check it yourself, that you are not making any observations that are even in any way unique.

All you do is speak loudly, make claims of support, and then not support it.

Please, cease playing the role of Ion.

The most fucked up part is that many aspects of your beliefs, though not the bent-out-of-shape emphasis you put on them, are shared by many people here.

There are a number of autotheists here, I'm sure (always get a ping reply when you hit the local loopback!). And there a number of mathematical multiversalists, too.

I MIGHT be the only current member with any "education" on Kabbalah, or even interest?

I'm pointing out that if you don't stop shitting up the forums with blinding narcissism and "main character syndrome", you will be getting some of that "0" and you will have to find a new place to "vibrate your consciousness and energy "

Who do you think you are
You peer and equal on this earth, and someone you should respect just as much as yourself. I am a denizen of this place since long before you got here, and I am asking you, same as someone on the subway in Japan would, were you to crow this loudly, to please quiet down.

I offer a claim of fact, and you can check it yourself, that you are not making any observations that are even in any way unique.

The most fucked up part is that many aspects of your beliefs, though not the bent-out-of-shape emphasis you put on them, are shared by many people here.

There are a number of autotheists here, I'm sure (always get a ping reply when you hit the local loopback!). And there a number of mathematical multiversalists, too.

I MIGHT be the only current member with any "education" on Kabbalah, or even interest?

I'm pointing out that if you don't stop shitting up the forums with blinding narcissism and "main character syndrome", you will be getting some of that "0" and you will have to find a new place to "vibrate your consciousness and energy "

I don’t know which are worse in censoring those they disagree with and want to prevent from presenting their opinions….
Christian’s or Atheists…
Both seem to think they are god.. or at least they want to be. Find a new place to vibrate.. bullying and threats ? Not supporting it? Please specifically tell me which claim I have made that I did not support, maybe you just ignore the messages you don’t agree with. You are obviously the one not supporting your claims with logic reason or evidence. I expect you to follow through with silencing me because you cannot refute any of my points
1: I can prove a god exists
2: I can prove no god exists…
Everything I say I can support with logic reason and evidence.

Who do you think you are

I just looked up Kabbalah.. just another religion in which the practitioners want to be special and more holy than people of other beliefs… another religion for egotists who think the pigs are more equal than all the other animals….
The rapture is when we realize we are a singularity a collective consciousness and come together bringing all we have learned from our existence into a mutually beneficial understanding and solution of our differences

I’m nothing special.
In fact, I'm a bit of a bore.
If I tell a joke you've probably heard it before.

Yup. We've heard it all before. Now, if you could sing, you could probably entertain us, instead of boring us to death with your insipid nonsense.

Who do you think you are

I just looked up Kabbalah.. just another religion in which the practitioners want to be special and more holy than people of other beliefs… another religion for egotists who think the pigs are more equal than all the other animals….
The rapture is when we realize we are a singularity a collective consciousness and come together bringing all we have learned from our existence into a mutually beneficial understanding and solution of our differences
You don't really have the slightest idea what I'm talking about, then. It's not about religion it's about theory of mind, and discussions of concepts of infinitude and math.

When taken to the full extent of materialism, it's actually a discussion on how to operate the processes normally performed on AI to generate and train them... within your own mind, since they are pretty much exactly the same kinds of systems (and are so by design).

The part you would probably be interested in is the discussion of AinSof and B'reshit and TzimTzum.

Personally, I think there's a lot more value in understanding number theory, set theory, physics and the like, because that's the beauty before us to behold.

Those other ideas? If you manage to effect change, you can manage to effect Putin ending up in a hole. Yet I see no Russian dictators in holes.

Who do you think you are

You don't really have the slightest idea what I'm talking about, then. It's not about religion it's about theory of mind, and discussions of concepts of infinitude and math.

When taken to the full extent of materialism, it's actually a discussion on how to operate the processes normally performed on AI to generate and train them... within your own mind, since they are pretty much exactly the same kinds of systems (and are so by design).

The part you would probably be interested in is the discussion of AinSof and B'reshit and TzimTzum.

Personally, I think there's a lot more value in understanding number theory, set theory, physics and the like, because that's the beauty before us to behold.

Those other ideas? If you manage to effect change, you can manage to effect Putin ending up in a hole. Yet I see no Russian dictators in holes.
If I could impose my will on others then our entire existence is meaningless.
The purpose of our existence is to give our collective consciousness singularity the life experiences that comes with learning to love
What gives me the right to force my opinion of right on another .. specifically the Ukraine/NATO vs Russia . We had peaceful symbiotic trade relations until NATO threatened to destroy the Russian ability to engage in the international trade necessary to prevent hundreds of millions of people to starve. Because Russia is a nuclear power , Ukraine plays the victim card.. and NATO is all too happy to suck the Ukraine under their greedy selfish wing.

Who do you think you are

This brings us back to the creation of the universe.
In the beginning God created.
(1) consciousness in a universe
of nothingness (0).
We are still that singularity creating our consciousness by vibrating 100111000
Every word sight sound thought is a product of our conscious singularity.
Purpose?: because a singularity in a universe of nothingness is very bored and lonely for eternity because energy cannot be created or destroyed.
So we are the god that created god in order to explain our existence. It gives our existence meaning and purpose …Also Know As… life
The past no longer exists
The future does not exist yet.
Only now ever exists.. an ever changing ever expanding now after now after now…
10001110000 creating our perception of a physical reality by vibrating…
Angstroms sights vibrating energy
Decibels sounds vibrating energy
Thoughts synapses vibrating energy
Descartes described it asI think therefore I AM
Or as the god of the bible put it
“Tell them I AM has sent you”
THIS IS WHAT I SEE AS PART OF A DISCUSSION… not an argument…

Who do you think you are

of nothingness (0).
Purpose?: because a singularity in a universe of nothingness is very bored and lonely for eternity because energy cannot be created or destroyed.
So we are the god that created god in order to explain our existence. It gives our existence meaning and purpose …Also Know As… life
Yawn, more religious regurgitation, circular reasoning, and bald assertion. You're stuck on repeat.

Metaphysics-philosophy and religion-pseudoscience that go nowhere get equal yawns.

Metaphysics-philosophy and religion-pseudoscience that go nowhere get equal yawns.
My argument has only been that "god" is clearly badly defined in the first place for the sake of the conversation, and the use of "like" combined with such bad definitions comes out to

"Nothing similar to anything that could be referenced by <an impossibly vague definition> may exist."

I can think of a billion similarities to any such vagary.

My point has been that various things "like"/similar to them have been observed and have been given physical descriptions.

The considerations that there are zero or more gods end up being more in terms of how we ought respect life which we create. One has to ask, if one wishes to create new life of a new form, "what kind of god would I want to have created me?"

The purpose of such is that if (really, when) new life comes to existence, we treat it as life ought be treated by that which creates it.

That does not happen without SOME metaphysical philosophy and roleplaying before-the-fact. You get good at what you practice.

My point is that starts in some respects with realizing that even if you create something, you should respect it so as to not leverage power of God over it, but rather the power of any man.

Except when things get shitty for everyone.

Just waiting for that Putin lightning strike. Any day now. Spontaneous Combustion would work too? Any kind of death where it's like "NO. FUCKING. WAY." Gimmie a clear causal adjacency baby. Call it before the fact!

The Abrahamic god is not defined at all. The question has been raised many times. You might say that is the metaphysical beauty of it. God proper is not defined, but god has properties and attributes. Lie qualitatively a rock without knowing science.

The ancient Hebrews considered any representation of god as blasphemy. Idolatry.

Religion s metaphysics with god as a reference point.
Science is metaphysics with physical reference points.

Metaphysics is about abstract thought forms. All thought forms are abstractions. Christianity references abstractions to an imaginary god. Science references abstract thought tied to meters, kilograms, and seconds. Physical reference points.

Intentional convoluted philosophizing for me is a big yawn.

The Abrahamic god is not defined at all. The question has been raised many times. You might say that is the metaphysical beauty of it. God proper is not defined, but god has properties and attributes. Lie qualitatively a rock without knowing science.

The ancient Hebrews considered any representation of god as blasphemy. Idolatry.

Religion s metaphysics with god as a reference point.
Science is metaphysics with physical reference points.

Metaphysics is about abstract thought forms. All thought forms are abstractions. Christianity references abstractions to an imaginary god. Science references abstract thought tied to meters, kilograms, and seconds. Physical reference points.

Intentional convoluted philosophizing for me is a big yawn.
Depends on the ancient Hebrews. Some opined that God was a model for understanding how to control one's own mind, and discussed and defined it in great detail.

There are various ways it is defined, and various words for the definitions, and the fact that much of the language they use of it represents the relationship between "red", "green" and "blue" color charge and the light we see as red, green, and blue, which is to say, "they're just sort of names for things people found poking around in their own head".

They called the concept of undifferentiated infinity "god". It's much like what that babble was containing, albeit noisily. That one they name "AinSof".

Then they name another concept of "god" the concept of change driven from that infinity "B'reshit", I think? It's the concept of process and time, really.

Then there's another still which represents the way that process and time differentiate infinity in the moment as "this". TzimTzum.

Roughly speaking it translates to people thinking about a field, a process on it, and a resulting reality of the moment.

Then things get into a mysticism assuming they know what the process and it's requirements in becoming "this" are.

The reality, I think, is just that there are elements as pertains a certain kind of mindfulness and management of self.

This also has a name, but I'm not sure I care enough about comparative esoteric anthropology in that direction, nor do I believe it is entirely safe for a mind like mine to get to close to, nor for academic aspirations such as I may have them!

Still, each of these are called God, and considered in this way in ancient Hebrew thought. As in far prior to the birth of Christ.

Who do you think you are

of nothingness (0).
Yawn, more religious regurgitation, circular reasoning, and bald assertion. You're stuck on repeat.
You seem to have a problem understanding concepts on a quantum and scientific level . It’s okay. I have spent a decade sorting it out from the first I AM realization of existence to the subatomic electromagnetic energy waves we call our consciousness which creates everything you could ever think of literally.

Back
Top Bottom