• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Idiot dragged out of bar by her hair for not wearing mask

Ok, but I'll keep the Rastafarian. Now to edit my profile. To stay on topic, Like I said earlier this article is presented in a way that any bias has enough info to be correct. More surveillance footage is needed as well as witness testimony. She may not even seek a lawsuit so none of this may be required and this discussion will be in an infinite tilt as the forces of emotional gravity tugs all participants left to right of center.

Swammerdami said:
WAB seems not to care about safety — he even advocated a choke hold! — and thinks that avoiding Bliss's humiliation should have been the key goal, even if doing so increased the risk of physical injury to Bliss and/or the bouncer(s). Do I have this correct so far?
Actually, when it was explained to him that it was pretty dangerous, WAB withdrew the support for a choke hold.

Swammmerdami said:
I think she humiliated herself when she flouted the bar's rules.
I think she was on the wrong, and not just because those were the rules, but because it's kind of like engaging in celebratory gunfire: it endangers the health and lives of others for no good reason.
However, I do not see why she would be humiliating herself for breaking the bar's rules. Why do you think so?

Swammmerdami said:
Do some people think Bliss should have the right to not wear a mask in a bar where masks are mandatory?
Very probably yes, some people think so, though WAB is not among them.

Swammmerdami said:
Was her flouting the rule a political statement to which she was entitled by the First Amendment???
Nope.

Readers, a woman was removed from a space by being dragged across the floor by her hair.

That's what you see. Apparently, all you see.

What I see is "Bar patron heaps humiliation on themselves with drunken belligerence."

Notice, there's nothing in there about gender or masking or police protocols. Those are all unimportant side issues.

I see no plausible scenario that doesn't amount to Bliss brought this upon herself because she was obnoxiously drunk. Drunk people do stupid shit all the time, that's why drunkenness is frowned on by polite folks. The results are often deeply humiliating. But blaming the humiliation on the people who responded to your own idiotic behavior is about as rational as blaming the tree for getting in the way of your vehicle and damaging it.
Tom

Readers, a woman was removed from a space by being dragged across the floor by her hair.

That's what you see. Apparently, all you see.

What I see is "Bar patron heaps humiliation on themselves with drunken belligerence."

Notice, there's nothing in there about gender or masking or police protocols. Those are all unimportant side issues.

I see no plausible scenario that doesn't amount to Bliss brought this upon herself because she was obnoxiously drunk. Drunk people do stupid shit all the time, that's why drunkenness is frowned on by polite folks. The results are often deeply humiliating. But blaming the humiliation on the people who responded to your own idiotic behavior is about as rational as blaming the tree for getting in the way of your vehicle and damaging it.
Tom

Agreed, especially the bolded.

Ok, but I'll keep the Rastafarian. Now to edit my profile.

Isn't "Liberal Rastafarian" redundant?

I lived in Jamaica among self-described rastafarians in 1972 and they seemed pretty liberal to me then. Maybe things have changed,

Thank you WAB for your copious self deprecation in this post.

Hi jab,

Show me one altercation involving police where a person.was dragged across the floor by their hair. I will give you lots of time. Thanks, I shall be waiting for your answer.

The only reason you object to me in this thread is because it was an anti-masker and a "Karen" who was the victim. I know this, and you are irritated that I know it.

Be irritated. I am at peace.

are you anti-mask.
again, I appreciate your continued copious self-deprecation.

Yes. Yes, there are disgusting motives for the people in this thread. Yes. Yes, there are disgusting, and utterly shameful, and thoroughly stupid motives for the people in this thread.

I hope you noticed the words, shameful, and STUPID.
I know nothing about martial arts, but many in the thread assert that hair-pulling may have been the safest way to remove Bliss from the bar. Safe for both Bliss and for the bouncer.

WAB seems not to care about safety — he even advocated a choke hold! — and thinks that avoiding Bliss's humiliation should have been the key goal, even if doing so increased the risk of physical injury to Bliss and/or the bouncer(s). Do I have this correct so far?

I don't understand why Bliss' humiliation should be a priority. I think she humiliated herself when she flouted the bar's rules. Do some people think Bliss should have the right to not wear a mask in a bar where masks are mandatory? Was her flouting the rule a political statement to which she was entitled by the First Amendment???

(Anyway, in Puritan New England petty criminals were often punished with humiliation, rather than corporal punishment. Maybe that wasn't a bad practice!)

Exactly. The safety of the approach is what matters, not how it looks. Preventing resistance generally is safer for both sides.

Well, the bar is required to follow local laws. In Oregon, it's state law that you cover yourself in public establishments. A local bar can have tighter rules, but not lessor rules.
Laws only matter to the extent they're enforced.

Around here, masking is legally required. But it's rarely enforced unless someone does something pretty outrageous. Generally, it's just whatever the management of an establishment decide. That's often more "customer friendly" than strictly by the law. I get really annoyed by that.
Tom

Yup. I took my car in yesterday because of a recall. I counted one service writer and two salesmen wearing chin diapers, not counting the innumerable cases of masks slipping off the nose. (Hey, there at least should be a stiffener in the nose piece of that surgical mask--you need to shape it to your nose or it's going to slide down in time!) Upon seeing the third diaper I was annoyed enough to try to report it on the county fix-it app--and while I know I've seen Covid violations as a reporting option on the website I haven't previously looked for it on the app I couldn't find it this time.

Ok, but I'll keep the Rastafarian. Now to edit my profile.

Isn't "Liberal Rastafarian" redundant?

I lived in Jamaica among self-described rastafarians in 1972 and they seemed pretty liberal to me then. Maybe things have changed,

Yes, it's redundant and precisely why I chose it. I'm neither a liberal nor Rastafarian but they cool. I'm more a cynic (the believe we can but know we won't kind) than I am a political lean label.

Don't think I didn't notice that you reduced being dragged by the hair across the floor to "hair pulling".

Readers, a woman was removed from a space by being dragged across the floor by her hair. People like the great wizard Jarhyn will continually reduce this abusive action to "hair pulling", in order to distract you and make any objection to this action look unfounded and hysterical.

The ONLY reason the lefties are okay with this is because the victim is a "Karen".and a "plague rat".

If the victim were a person of color, and the bouncer were a white male, you would see outrage, you would see all these lefties defending the victim and wreaking havoc on the bouncer. You would NOT see intelligent, rational human beings like Jarhyn making excuses for a barbaric act, like dragging a person from a space by their FUCKING hair.

You. Are. Special. Pleading.

You have done nothing to actually uphold this vaunted special pleading of yours that hair dragging is special among acts.

If you would like to reference the Occupy(?) Or perhaps a pride parade protest thread on the forum (details get fuzzy for me after a year or two), you will notice that when a preacher told a cop a woman was threatening him, the cop went after the woman. I did not impugn the cop. I instead impugned the lying preacher.

You have done nothing to justify your hyperbolic gaslighting as to the nature of hair pulling. You beg the question by refusing to address discussions of how and when handling someone by the hair may be appropriate.

Personally I reject your assertions. I reject your claim that hair dragging is special among acts.

Okay. I hereby hitherto whence and forthwith and even fifthwith am resigning from this silly thread and heretofore whereas I shall not return and shall hereby and wherefore by this declaration shall forthwith and hereunto quit this silly thread and unsubscribe herewith and hereafter and hereby whereas it is a pain in the fucking ass anyway and hence and sixthwith and even ninthwith I am hereby and hereunto shoving this thread so long as this thread shall live forsooth and tenthwith... :joy:

I would have preferred that support your contention that hair dragging is a terrible, horrible, no good way to control a person in an altercation, or admit that you were wrong in that characterization. Since you apparently can't bring yourself to do either, however, this is probably the next best thing. You know, slinking off into the night with an absolutely bizarre final post that tells us how much you are no longer going to participate in this thread.

Yep, a much better tactic than just not posting in this thread any more...

Okay. I hereby hitherto whence and forthwith and even fifthwith am resigning from this silly thread and heretofore whereas I shall not return and shall hereby and wherefore by this declaration shall forthwith and hereunto quit this silly thread and unsubscribe herewith and hereafter and hereby whereas it is a pain in the fucking ass anyway and hence and sixthwith and even ninthwith I am hereby and hereunto shoving this thread so long as this thread shall live forsooth and tenthwith... :joy:

I would have preferred that support your contention that hair dragging is a terrible, horrible, no good way to control a person in an altercation, or admit that you were wrong in that characterization. Since you apparently can't bring yourself to do either, however, this is probably the next best thing. You know, slinking off into the night with an absolutely bizarre final post that tells us how much you are no longer going to participate in this thread.

Yep, a much better tactic than just not posting in this thread any more...

IKR? But I'll take what I can get.

Back
Top Bottom