• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

If god has helped you write amen!

SLD

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Freethinker
So this pic came up on Facebook feed this morning.

9C0E7DF4-3454-4731-8FBC-9ABA61B0F8A6.png

I couldn’t help it. I replied no. Family, friends and teachers have helped me

I’ve been inundated with comments from the site owner and even instant messaged. This should be fun. Someone is trying to save my soul! It’s been a long time.

If you can find it, join in!!

There are two ways to interpret this question, and one of them does not require belief.

One interpretation: "if a personal entity which has created the universe has intervened in your life..."

Another interpretation: "if the abstract concept of god(s) has been useful to you..."

It helps me play video games as per "apply the abstract concept of god in conjunction with the abstract concept of goodness so as to extrapolate a 'good god' for the purposes of conditioning my own behavior".

Really I think the question was intended as the first, however so no.

What do I write to acknowledge my astigmatism, my periods of unemployment, and my family member's depression? Whom do I have to thank for that?

What do I write to acknowledge my astigmatism, my periods of unemployment, and my family member's depression? Whom do I have to thank for that?
Peryite is responsible for the astigmatism, obviously. Sheogorath or Peryite might be responsible for the madness, depending, or they might have offended one of the Aedra themselves in that case, resulting in a divine punishment. Either way, dealing with the daedra directly is not recommended even if they are the proximate source of the issue; rather you might want to seek out the nearest Shrine of Kynareth or Mara to seek healing. Be aware that a voluntary offering of 100 gold is customary in either case if playing in survival mode.

So I got like 80 responses. All from the author. Here is a sample:

Our lives are filled with challenges. Only by truly trusting in God can we overcome difficult situations.

Thank you for your answer! God loves those who are close to God. If you want to know more about getting close to God, you can contact us .

When your heart is filled with sorrow, When your face is covered in tears, Please keep in mind: You still have God.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes it hurts. Sometimes it's hard But in the end it's all fo the best. Never stop trusting God and the Divine plan. Amen!

Clearly those words have been photoshopped into those images so I feel bad for those people whose images are being used to spread messages they may or may not agree with likely without their permission.

Reactions: SLD
Peryite is responsible for the astigmatism, obviously. Sheogorath or Peryite might be responsible for the madness, depending, or they might have offended one of the Aedra themselves in that case, resulting in a divine punishment. Either way, dealing with the daedra directly is not recommended even if they are the proximate source of the issue; rather you might want to seek out the nearest Shrine of Kynareth or Mara to seek healing. Be aware that a voluntary offering of 100 gold is customary in either case if playing in survival mode.
Dang, Poli. You really are incredibly helpful and kind. I don’t care what they all say!

Dang, Poli. You really are incredibly helpful and kind. I don’t care what they all say!
Didn't realize my reputation was so bad. :(

It was just meant as a joke. Everyone knows that Evangelical Christians have no satisfying answer to the existence of evil things. Polytheistic belief systems make more sense in this regard.

Everyone knows that Evangelical Christians have no satisfying answer to the existence of evil things. Polytheistic belief systems make more sense in this regard.
No shit! It's just really helpful to know exactly where to place blame for what, if you're exercising that option.
It can get confusing when you're used to simply "god god god god god"

Didn't realize my reputation was so bad.
We could ALL try harder!
:hysterical:

There are two ways to interpret this question, and one of them does not require belief.
Question? It is an incomplete sentence, no punctuation. My response would be... "...and what?"

Our lives are filled with challenges. Only by truly trusting in God can we overcome difficult situations.
Oh... that's why people cry out "oh god" when vomiting after drinking too much.
Thank you for your answer! God loves those who are close to God. If you want to know more about getting close to God, you can contact us .
I appreciate you probably have a busy schedule, can't you just have God come to me? Or God can call and we can pick a place.

or

How close is too close?

hqdefault.jpg

When your heart is filled with sorrow, When your face is covered in tears, Please keep in mind: You still have God.
If I have God, why am I filled with sorrow?
Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes it hurts. Sometimes it's hard But in the end it's all fo the best.
So all joy, all sorrow, all good, all bad, it doesn't matter what it is, it is proof of God. Couldn't we say that about everything?
Never stop trusting God and the Divine plan. Amen!
Curious, just how much is part of that plan. Like everything that happens?

Reactions: SLD

Oh... that's why people cry out "oh god" when vomiting after drinking too much.
I appreciate you probably have a busy schedule, can't you just have God come to me? Or God can call and we can pick a place.

or

How close is too close?

If I have God, why am I filled with sorrow?
Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes it hurts. Sometimes it's hard But in the end it's all fo the best.
So all joy, all sorrow, all good, all bad, it doesn't matter what it is, it is proof of God. Couldn't we say that about everything?
Never stop trusting God and the Divine plan. Amen!
Curious, just how much is part of that plan. Like everything that happens?
Jesus robot? I just tell it I have dealt with all my problems most of my life.

Back
Top Bottom