• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

If you were a god

Ot
2 Corinthians 4:4

And God just sits and doesn't do anything about this Satan critter? Why not? Checkmate, Christians!
Come now Cheerful... you know the story. Checkmate shall we say, comes in that part when Christ returns etc..
It also suggests cutting your balls off.
Interesting thought! If people did take to that suggestion as "being one of the commandments" - the 11th commandment, if you will. Then you, I and our forum friends would not be here.

The 11th Commandment:
"Thall shalt produce no offspring nor multiply and exist" and so on.

Matthew 19
12 For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.

Despite the ranting of right winged Christians, Jesus never spoke out against homosexuality. But Jesus spoke out against sex and marriage.

Ot

And God just sits and doesn't do anything about this Satan critter? Why not? Checkmate, Christians!
Come now Cheerful... you know the story. Checkmate shall we say, comes in that part when Christ returns etc..
It also suggests cutting your balls off.
Interesting thought! If people did take to that suggestion as "being one of the commandments" - the 11th commandment, if you will. Then you, I and our forum friends would not be here.

The 11th Commandment:
"Thall shalt produce no offspring nor multiply and exist" and so on.
So, you're saying that Matthew 19:12 is not actually a verse in the bible?

Go ahead. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.

Matthew 22
30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

So, if you are God, do you banish Satan, and devils, and demons from Earth? Or do you change their essential natures from evil to good, and helpful? If God is good, perfectly good, and all powerful, why is there a Satan, devils, and demons?
I think we're on the cusp of the next major development in Christianity, the unveiling of the quadripartite godhead. God admits with a chuckle that Satan is, after all, a part of the deity cluster. "I mean, you couldn't tell, from the issues We have?? It's right there in the book, you goobers. We drowned you and all your kids in chapter seven!! What's a four-part god got to do, hit you over the head?"
It's a shame this couldn't have been revealed in the 50s, because it would've made a great Ross Hunter movie. Charlton Heston as Jehovah, Tab Hunter as Jesus, Orson Welles as the Holy Ghost, James Dean as Satan. That's the role he should've had, before the car crash. With Dorothy Malone as Mary Magdalene.

Last edited:
Matthew 19
12 For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.

Yes I know the verse well - I think we agree in context, as it seems you're not misinterpreting the text to say this means "it is commanded that all men should be eunuchs".

Despite the ranting of right winged Christians, Jesus never spoke out against homosexuality. But Jesus spoke out against sex and marriage.
Pretty much everyone should fit one of the categories, (regardless whether or not we are going by this 'preferred' interpretive reading of yours that suits you ... Or when by reading from the angle of the conventional context that's commonly understood).

Heterosexuals committing particular acts of taboo, are on the 'no no' list too, you know?

Biblically - No Individual is singled out!

"...neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners.."

Yes I know the verse well - I think we agree in context, as it seems you're not misinterpreting the text to say this means "it is commanded that all men should be eunuchs".
Sorry, but the verse does command to say that all men SHOULD want to be eunuchs, and that it is a failing albeit a small one, to not be.

So, why don't you want to be a eunuch learner? What's so bad about it that you just NEED to reject the "holy word"? What are you afraid of? I'm a eunuch right here and I can say unequivocally that my life got BETTER since I made the change.

I mean sure it takes a couple years to get through the system to become a eunuch these days, but what's stopping you?

Come on put your Bible where your balls are, mate! Jump in, the water is fine!

I'm assuming god of this world so...

I don't know what I'd do, except that I would show up from time to time to assure humanity that I am here. If I were to be asked how humans should live their lives, I'd tell them not to be dicks. That would pretty much be the title of my holy book: The Holy Tome of Don't Be A Dick.

Then everyone would just be dicks anyway.

Sure!

In August 2016, the Chicago Tribune reported that Joe Ledington of Kentucky, a nephew by marriage of Colonel Sanders, had claimed to have found a copy of the original KFC fried chicken recipe on a handwritten piece of paper in an envelope in a scrapbook.[21] Tribune staffers conducted a cooking test of this recipe, which took several attempts to get right.[21] They had to determine whether the "Ts" meant tablespoons or teaspoons.

In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Wow. Major League dick move.
Blinded them so they couldn’t see good stuff that is supposed to make you gooder.
That’s not godly behavior.

In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Blinded them so they couldn’t see good stuff that is supposed to make you gooder.
All because he is jealous of the attention his illegitimate human clone is getting. God is very very petty and not up to sharing some of the limelight with his poor clone who is soon to be tortured and turned into a human sacrifice offering. I wonder what Learner thinks about God's behavior. Does Learner approve or does he overlook this psychopathic behavior just because it's God?

All because he is jealous of the attention his illegitimate human clone is getting. God is very very petty and not up to sharing some of the limelight with his poor clone who is soon to be tortured and turned into a human sacrifice offering. I wonder what Learner thinks about God's behavior. Does Learner approve or does he overlook this psychopathic behavior just because it's God?

It gets a little confusing, but the "god of this world" isn't God. It's Satan.
Tom

How would I know I'm not a god? Maybe the question should be "If you were not a god?" Maybe I'm not a fully empowered god, a juvenile god. We supposedly have these ghosts living inside us which according to woo peddlers is the real "us" and all those ghosts are going to fly away to be with all the other ghost creatures. That's pretty cool so that definitely sets me apart from lesser beings.

To the OP, knowing what I do about such alleged creatures I'd kill myself.

Who wants to be “a” god?
I wanna be God! The One True one. If I was God, the first order of business would be to smite down all those puny gods that are each “a” god.
Get rid of them . All. Completely On day one.
Then I’d look into committing suicide as a service to my universe. Not sure if God’s omnipotence is capable of overcoming His eternal nature, but by God, I’d find out!

Who wants to be “a” god?
I wanna be God! The One True one. If I was God, the first order of business would be to smite down all those puny gods that are each “a” god.
Then I’d look into committing suicide as a service to my universe. Not sure if God’s omnipotence is capable of overcoming His eternal nature, but by God, I’d find out!
You may find Inanna more than ready to save you a step, in your plan.

It gets a little confusing, but the "god of this world" isn't God. It's Satan.
Ooooooh. So - more than one god, then, eh?
Yep.
Back in the good old days, there were lots of gods.
Tom
ETA ~ It was a good bit before the Christian Testament~
Ah … the Xtian god is a Johnny-come-lately, then. But lo, it has been unable to rid us of all those other ones. There are still lots of gods.

Who wants to be “a” god?
You may find Inanna more than ready to save you a step, in your plan.
As Ishtar, I could see her shortening the whole process. What’s the hangup?

Back
Top Bottom