• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Images that make you laugh

zfENLm1.png

Uh, what?

What point are you trying to make here? And how is it funny?
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Crisis_actor

juxtaposing the ridiculous idiocy of the concept of a "crisis actor" with an actual political figure with obvious reasons for being at those locations.
uh, does that explain it, or do you want a lesson in what satire is?

Uh, what?

What point are you trying to make here? And how is it funny?

juxtaposing the ridiculous idiocy of the concept of a "crisis actor" with an actual political figure with obvious reasons for being at those locations.

Ah, so Obama is a "crisis actor" who is part of an elaborate liberal media conspiracy? How does this conspiracy work? What is the goal of the conspirators? What are the means of their conspiracy? Were the respective tragedies even real? Maybe they were staged as part of the conspiracy?

Ah, so Obama is a "crisis actor" who is part of an elaborate liberal media conspiracy? How does this conspiracy work? What is the goal of the conspirators? What are the means of their conspiracy? Were the respective tragedies even real? Maybe they were staged as part of the conspiracy?
I think you still missed the point. The ridiculousness of such conspiracy was precisely what the image was lampooning.

I think you still missed the point. The ridiculousness of such conspiracy was precisely what the image was lampooning.

Had me, and still has me fooled too. Please explain further for us dummies. Thank you.

Had me, and still has me fooled too. Please explain further for us dummies. Thank you.

The type of conspiracy being parodied is something like this:

cnn-crisis-actress.jpg

i.e. the suggestion is that the conspirators (or the media) have planted the same person in multiple crisis situations to act distraught or give interviews, but some englightened bloggers on the internet have covered the conspiracy and spotted it.

Contrast with this:

zfENLm1.png

It suggests that the bloggers on the internet have discovered these pictures of people making statements after four different catastrophies. But if you look closely (see the arrows), you might notice that this might actually be the same man in all of the pictures! The resemblance is uncanny. Is he a planted actor? You be the judge.

(Of course, any joke becomes stale when you explain it and I suppose it was never funny unless you knew about the "crisis actor" conspiracy theories, which I for one didn't.)

OK. The image didn't really communicate that for me, but then I wasn't familiar with the "Crisis actor" thing when I first looked at it.

Back
Top Bottom