• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Images that make you laugh

DCybA5yV0AEyDAn.jpg

DCybDyrU0AAiCqL.jpg

That's a pretty good car on that list. In 1967 you could still buy a new, ie unused, 1967 Ford Cougar for under $3,900 Canadian from a dealer in the Niagara Peninsula. A big Ford station wagon with all the bells and whistles was about the same price.
And you could pay for a week's groceries for a family of three and get change from a $20 Canadian note, ( and pay much less for the same groceries over the river in Buffalo NY).

That's a pretty good car on that list. In 1967 you could still buy a new, ie unused, 1967 Ford Cougar for under $3,900 Canadian from a dealer in the Niagara Peninsula. A big Ford station wagon with all the bells and whistles was about the same price.
And you could pay for a week's groceries for a family of three and get change from a $20 Canadian note, ( and pay much less over the river in Buffalo NY).

We were a family of five at that time. I remember mom complaining that buying the week's groceries might one day cost a whole twenty dollars.

Around then, I bought a Volkswagen Squareback. Mom complained, "Can't you get a new car for under two thousand dollars anymore?"

At some point, I fixed on a ten-to-one ratio for cars to houses. Cars cost three thousand dollars when houses cost thirty. There's no reason for me to put much weight on these ancient uninformed memories, but the $3,000 to $12,500 ratio above surprised me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom