• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Images that make you laugh

DMtiSzaUIAYKQ2C.jpg

Thanks, I knew there was something wrong with that map.

Yes, it's ridiculous; everyone knows that Kazakhstan, Ukraine, Byelorus, and the Baltic nations were all part of the USSR in 1931. Most of the African nations shown there are wrong for that date too.

The Japanese would have needed time-travel as well as extremely long range bombers, and neither was available in 1931. Wake up, Sheeple!
NOT the Baltics, they were independent.

LOL. At least the ad is somewhat direct. I must have spent 5 years of my youth watching ads on TV for Summer's Eve and not knowing what is was about. A lady walking on the beach and singing about being fresh?! Eh? Is it some kind of face lotion? Do you drink it?

LOL. At least the ad is somewhat direct. I must have spent 5 years of my youth watching ads on TV for Summer's Eve and not knowing what is was about. A lady walking on the beach and singing about being fresh?! Eh? Is it some kind of face lotion? Do you drink it?

Somewhat direct??

This isn't about feminine hygiene, but about the use of Lysol as a contraceptive. (Not a good idea and not too effective, either.)

Somewhat direct??

This isn't about feminine hygiene, but about the use of Lysol as a contraceptive. (Not a good idea and not too effective, either.)

What it says is, "A wife's one neglect--carelessness about feminine hygiene..." So either it is about feminine hygiene or it is not direct.

Now I can't look at any cleaning product ad without thinking that it could be contraceptives.

"Found in mom's basement".

Somewhat direct??

Seriously? Had no idea that Lysol was ever used as a contraceptive. I thought the ladies were using Lysol as some sort of douche back in the day. Shows how much I know.

ETA: Found this:

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/lysols-vintage-ads-subtly-pushed-women-to-use-its-disinfectant-as-birth-control-218734/

Back
Top Bottom