• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Images that make you laugh

ffe96fa76d9dbf884189a9d0e907722ee87483df2aeab10015ec85bfa52063f9.jpg

Am I the only one who can't enjoy that joke because being at the bottom of the list in "infant mortality" or "obesity" sounds like a good thing?

Am I the only one who can't enjoy that joke because being at the bottom of the list in "infant mortality" or "obesity" sounds like a good thing?

How is having the worst (or nearly so) obesity and infant mortality ratings a good thing?
it doesn't say Alabama ranks worst, but that it ranks near the bottom of the list. Which should be good if the measure itself is negative. Of course I know what the tweet meant, but the way it's written is annoying enough that it detracts from the joke. It's like people who say "irregardless" or "I could care less".

How is having the worst (or nearly so) obesity and infant mortality ratings a good thing?
it doesn't say Alabama ranks worst, but that it ranks near the bottom of the list. Which should be good if the measure itself is negative. Of course I know what the tweet meant, but the way it's written is annoying enough that it detracts from the joke. It's like people who say "irregardless" or "I could care less".

Irregardless, such discussions have no place in this thread. If you want to discuss it, start a new thread. Personally, I could care less.

Irregardless, such discussions have no place in this thread. If you want to discuss it, start a new thread. Personally, I could care less.
I'm with Jayjay on this. Well not geographically with him - I just share his unease about how the list is a dog's breakfast in terms of consistency and design.

PEDANTS UNITE! YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE BUT YOUR INSISTENCE ON LITERALISM!

pedantic+pedant.png

DP5QuK1WkAYsZ8E.jpg:large

- - - Updated - - -

DPLBtrAUMAEc_62.png

Aw, you poor, poor snowflake.

Did a mean liberal tell you that women are equal instead of telling you that you are superior because you have a penis?

You're so oppressed! However do you endure all of this rampant persecution? You must be so brave! You are truly an inspiration, sir!

You sir, are an arsehole. :P

Back
Top Bottom