• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Images that make you laugh

EUXuB-2UUAIp0ka

Your stores haven't had a run on pasta? And spaghetti sauce?

Maybe they have, but I don't do a lot of shopping. Although last night I went to the store and couldn't find any rice.

If the comic is saying, "Humans are cooking lots of pasta to defeat the virus," then lots of other products could have been mentioned. The big ones, the ones that they talk about on the news, is toilet paper, paper towels, and water bottles. Then comes meat like chicken and beef.

I guess if I had to rank all the things that crazy humans have been needlessly hoarding this month, then pasta would be far down on the list. And all the other actions that are stymieing the anthropomorphic virii in the cartoon are actually effective (washing hands, keeping distance, etc.) "Making lots of pasta" wouldn't make a difference to them.

Or else I'm just really missing something about this comic. I don't know who Gloria Gaynor is, but I infer from the second-to-last panel that she filmed a video of herself singing about the importance of washing hands, which her fans started doing, which is hampering the virus' battle plans.

But cooking pasta?

Maybe they have, but I don't do a lot of shopping. Although last night I went to the store and couldn't find any rice.

If the comic is saying, "Humans are cooking lots of pasta to defeat the virus," then lots of other products could have been mentioned. The big ones, the ones that they talk about on the news, is toilet paper, paper towels, and water bottles. Then comes meat like chicken and beef.

I guess if I had to rank all the things that crazy humans have been needlessly hoarding this month, then pasta would be far down on the list. And all the other actions that are stymieing the anthropomorphic virii in the cartoon are actually effective (washing hands, keeping distance, etc.) "Making lots of pasta" wouldn't make a difference to them.

Or else I'm just really missing something about this comic. I don't know who Gloria Gaynor is, but I infer from the second-to-last panel that she filmed a video of herself singing about the importance of washing hands, which her fans started doing, which is hampering the virus' battle plans.

But cooking pasta?

Humans who have a lot of pasta don't need to go shopping for food.

"They have a lot of pasta" = "They can stay in isolation for a long time"

But cooking pasta?

The pasta aisle in the places I shop got cleaned out right away. It’s cheap, easy to store, has a long shelf life, and goes with almost everything.

Gloria Gaynor is a performer from the disco era. Her biggest hit was “I Will Survive”, which is kind of appropriate.

Funny you should ask... on last week's list were spaghetti noodles and macaroni elbows. Got to Safeway and the whole section was wiped out, EXCEPT - they had a brand of actual Italian pasta from actual Italy. Nobody wanted it. Made me laugh out loud.

Ronnie XXXXX
· March 19 ·

Being on lock down is boring, so this morning I made this Bloody Mary to take the edge off.
bloody mary.jpg

Back
Top Bottom