• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Images that make you laugh

Ring bill gulls are famous for inhabiting parking lots away the ocean. My supermarket/pharmacy parking lot along with local restaurants has attacked a flock of about 40 gulls who are just always around in a middle mostly unused parking area at a shopping center. In snow they go to the close-by lake. Note the black ring around the bill. Ring Bill Gull.

Humans through out a lot of food that gulls like.

2012 08 05 15 26 55.jpg

On the other hand Herring gulls are a lot bigger and usually have an orange or red mark on the lower bill. They will also stalk people's food and steal it right out from under them. I've not seen a lot of herring gulls much inland but I'm sure they do.

But they sure love the ocean. Especially ocean beaches where people are not careful about their food.

Below is a herring gull being drowned by a bald eagle.

2019 07 02 18 00 46.JPG

Last edited:

Ring gill gulls are famous for inhabiting parking lots away the ocean. My supermarket/pharmacy parking lot along with local restaurants has attacked a flock of about 40 gulls who are just always around in a middle mostly unused parking area at a shopping center. In snow they go to the close-by lake. Note the black ring around the bill. Ring Bill Gull.

Humans through out a lot of food that gulls l

There is a monument to seagulls in Salt lake City, over 800 miles from the ocean. The story is that the crops of the early settlers were being devastated by a swarm of locusts which meant that the settlers would have no food for the approaching winter. "Miraculously" a massive flock of seagulls appeared and ate the locusts, saving the croup and so the settlers.

The story generally fails to mention that thousands of California gulls congregate on The Great Salt Lake every year.
IMG]

We are in S Central Colorado. MANY miles from the ocean and a mile and a half above it in altitude.
Most people here call seagulls "dump ducks" because they congregate around landfills.

We are in S Central Colorado. MANY miles from the ocean and a mile and a half above it in altitude.
Most people here call seagulls "dump ducks" because they congregate around landfills.
They apparently aren't restricted to the sea. A tour guide told a group I was in that it wasn't even correct to call them that. After she'd repeated "They're gulls, they're not seagulls." a few times, we started talking about Nazi gulls.

Ring gill gulls are famous for inhabiting parking lots away the ocean. My supermarket/pharmacy parking lot along with local restaurants has attacked a flock of about 40 gulls who are just always around in a middle mostly unused parking area at a shopping center. In snow they go to the close-by lake. Note the black ring around the bill. Ring Bill Gull.

Humans through out a lot of food that gulls l

There is a monument to seagulls in Salt lake City, over 800 miles from the ocean. The story is that the crops of the early settlers were being devastated by a swarm of locusts which meant that the settlers would have no food for the approaching winter. "Miraculously" a massive flock of seagulls appeared and ate the locusts, saving the croup and so the settlers.

The story generally fails to mention that thousands of California gulls congregate on The Great Salt Lake every year.
IMG]
Perennial miracle!

FYI!
You can adjust the size of the images you post.

Before you click Post Reply or in Edit mode, if you click an image, you'll see blue squares appear at the corners. Just drag one of those squares inward or outward to resize.

Posting this because some of y'all's images are
GINORMOUS. If you have to scroll to see the whole image, do us a favor and shrink it a bit. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom