• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Images that make you laugh

Obi Wan knew both of them and knew who they were long before the time of that scene.
Yeah, you're right. I had forgotten that Obi Wan was "in the know" about Luke and Leia for a while. But that wasn't revealed until The Empire Strikes Back came out. So, if you've only seen A New Hope, the joke would not make sense. So, I'm correct...from a certain point of view. :p

Quite a few Star Wars fans are currently watching a new TV series about Obi Wan going on a past adventure with young Leia, likely spurring the resuscitation of such an old meme at present.

_125015463_gettyimages-1241053616.jpg

What is Charles telling Kate?
"... and then the Queen says, 'Is it a black man's cock?'"

Obi Wan knew both of them and knew who they were long before the time of that scene.

Ya, in Revenge of the Sith, Obi Wan was there when Luke and Leia were born and Padmé died. Obi Wan took the infant Luke to Tatooine to live with his aunt and uncle while Senator Organa took Leia to Alderaan to raise her as his family.

This story line contradicts the comments by Luke and Leia in Return of the Jedi that Leia has a faint memory of her mother but Luke does not. An infant whose mother died giving birth would have no memory of her mother.

Does the Kenobi series shed any light on the popular "Two Lukes" theory? That's what I want to know.

Quite a few Star Wars fans are currently watching a new TV series about Obi Wan going on a past adventure with young Leia, likely spurring the resuscitation of such an old meme at present.
Speaking of Leia, I assume that is her as your avatar. However, it's a bit of a departure from her look in A New Hope. What's the backstory on the picture?

Speaking of Leia, I assume that is her as your avatar. However, it's a bit of a departure from her look in A New Hope. What's the backstory on the picture?
She is very clearly offering a benediction. The image made me happy?

Not so much interested in the backstory of why you chose it as your avatar, but what the picture means or where it came from....just curious. It doesn't seem to resemble anything she did in the original trilogy, as she never struck me as a religious figure. Maybe I'm trying to read more into it than is there....

Not so much interested in the backstory of why you chose it as your avatar, but what the picture means or where it came from....just curious. It doesn't seem to resemble anything she did in the original trilogy, as she never struck me as a religious figure. Maybe I'm trying to read more into it than is there....
Oh, there was an Deviantartist who redid the whole cast of characters as medieval icons. If it has any deeper meaning, I am also in the dark.

He's staring straight into a light saber. "The girl" would not have been so stupid.
OK, that makes sense. I thought initially that it was Luke who was making the comment. Then Ziprhead's comment about Luke being a girl kind of threw me. So who is the girl that Obi Wan is referring to?
*holds hand*

Leia.
*holds Jimmy's hand. Gets a tingly feeling*

That doesn't really make sense though.
Dude, nothing has made sense in any of the movies since the first Ewok appeared.

So... umm... ewoks... really?

A second death star, after the fully complete one was destroyed... goodness knowing how much in resources and how many died on it? I mean Jebus, the custodial staff must have been in the hundreds!

• Hey Bob... looks like the empire is hiring again.
  • Oh really, what?
  • Custodial staff for the death star.
  • I though it blew up.
  • No, apparently this is another one.
  • George Lucas have no new ideas?
So... umm... how does a small boy out act Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman?

And... he just goes from arresting the bad guy to slaughtering children... just like that?

Wait... another death moon?

Okay, so the big ass ship can't catch up to the other ship, but the Tie Fighters can?

All of the ninth movie, well and most of the seventh and eighth!

Back
Top Bottom