• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Images that make you laugh

4a77099dda62e33726784b6810d15514.jpg

I was curious about this. Took a look on Google Earth.

It appears that this refers to the embankment just to the east of the ark, and not where the creek is (bridge crossing)... good luck with a flood claim is ther is no creek. The 4/2018 image implies where the failure was cracking in the pavement. There is surface drainage installed running to what appears to be the toe of the embankment slope (not a great idea)

Groundwater might have been an issue, but I doubt it was stormwater (surface), unless they successfully managed to divert their stormwater straight along the toe of the slope they made. More likely the failure was due to crappy layback and/or not stepping in a side hill fill. This is shown as being likely true due to the 2/2020 image slowing the embankment toe being much further down, which means the slope is likely shallower than it was in the 4/2017 image. All of this is likely why the insurance company told them to feck off.

Sadly, this wasn't an Act of God, but an act of cheapo design/contracting, and not having Jesus signing off on the plans.
Jesus isn't an engineer, why would you trust any plans he signs off on? I want a real engineer to sign off on it!
I remember marine engineers saying the ark if built as described would tip over in a light breeze.

Sadly, this wasn't an Act of God, but an act of cheapo design/contracting, and not having Jesus signing off on the plans.
Jesus isn't an engineer, why would you trust any plans he signs off on? I want a real engineer to sign off on it!
I remember marine engineers saying the ark if built as described would tip over in a light breeze.
"Hi! As I'm sure you're all aware, there's a movement amongst archaeologists to attempt to reconcile the biblical account of history with the archaeological record. Now, I'm an intellectually curious young man with, let's face it, no real job. So, I've done some exploring of my own in this vain. The Bible tells us that Christ was trained as a carpenter. But in my most recent digs, I've found artifacts that show He was not a very good carpenter. ... Now over here we have this, and frankly, I have no idea what this is. For a while I thought it might be a spice rack of some sort. But watch. If I take this jar of crushed cumin seed and place it here...[jar rolls off onto the floor] Clearly, if it is a spice rack, it is not a spice rack of the best ilk. ... "

- Dave Foley

Back
Top Bottom