• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

IMMUNITY and SCOTUS

What people aren't noticing is, the Supreme Court will just decide whether or not that constitutes an official act or not. They would not decide in Biden's favor.
It would be difficult, even for the current Supreme Court, to argue that the Commander in Chief is not engaging in an "official act" when giving a direct order to the armed forces.
As I understand it, he would have to go through the Department of Justice for it to be an official act.
Why? If anyone, wouldn't it be through the department of defense?
I read it is unconstitutional for the military to operate in the US in that manner. Maybe the National Guard would be okay to use. But definitely the DOJ and the FBI would be all that is needed.
So? He's immune, it doesn't matter if it's unconstitutional.

The problem is that only the President is immune for commanded illegal official acts. Everyone executing those commands would remain criminally exposed.
"Go kill for me. Here is your pardon."
On second thought, any staffer better get that pardon on hand first. Trump is so transactional and duplicitous would one trust him to actually follow through after the fact?

That turned deadly fast. Following the Supreme Court ruling Monday that Donald Trump shall be king, the Heritage Foundation’s president cheered the ruling and told a right-wing audience that the nation is at war, and he’s ready to kill “the left” if they fight back.

“We are in the process of the second American Revolution, which will remain bloodless if the left allows it to be,” Kevin Roberts, who has led Heritage since 2021, said in an appearance on the far-right news channel Real America’s Voice.

On Wednesday, the Biden campaign reacted to this threat of violence with a statement invoking history. “248 years ago tomorrow America declared independence from a tyrannical king, and now Donald Trump and his allies want to make him one at our expense,” the statement said.

“On January 6, they proudly stormed our Capitol to overturn an election Donald Trump lost fair and square—something not seen the Confederacy was able to accomplish—now they are dreaming of a violent revolution to destroy the very idea of America,” it continued. “Joe Biden rejects Donald Trump's revenge, resentment, and retribution.”

Back
Top Bottom