• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Is Biden playing with a full deck?

Biden was elected as a moderate, not as a transformative figure. Unfortunately, the team he brought with him is far more left, resulting in idiotic proposals like B3 which was luckily torpedoed by Manchin, at least in its full form.
I liken it to Biden being like King Theoden with AOC as his Grima Wormtongue.
Student loans were part of his platform. Doing what you said you would do isn't going from moderate to far.

Biden was elected as a moderate, not as a transformative figure. Unfortunately, the team he brought with him is far more left, resulting in idiotic proposals like B3 which was luckily torpedoed by Manchin, at least in its full form.
Student loans were part of his platform. Doing what you said you would do isn't going from moderate to far.
Authorizing Medicare to negotiate drug prices was a prime plank in Trump’s 2016 platform. He never delivered. Just like he never delivered on his promise to get rid of the Affordable Care Act on day one, or “infrastructure week” or any of the other vaporware items he sold to his suckers.
But supposedly hapless “Sleepy Joe” got a huge infrastructure bill, Medicare negotiating drug prices, student loan forgiveness and much more, in less than half the time that your MAGA-Lardo spent golfing while pretending to be president.
But those accomplishments are evil, in the minds of conservotards. Presumably Derec would have been happier if Jan6 had gone his way and we had a Golfer in Chief for Life.

Student loan forgiveness AND politicians doing what they say they would do are both things that right wing authoritarians consider "extreme."

Last edited:
So even if Biden is a pants-shitting-drooling idiot, who gives a flying penguin testicle fuck?
You don't care if the chief executive is incompetent?
When the alternative is a pants-shitting drooling fucktard disaster of human being, then no.
Biden was elected as a moderate, not as a transformative figure.
No, Biden was nominated as the most likely Democrat ot beat Trump and he won because he was not as a divisive figure as Trump.

Is anyone concerned about Biden's mental health?

I have noticed things beyond his gaffes.. The way he walks, turns, and his general body language. At times on camera he does not seem to be fully aware of where he is.

He looks like people i know who are looting it.
He lost it awhile ago; but it's verbotten to notice. I mean, Trump was always taking questions from reporters. Biden? His handlers would never let that happen.
Anyone can take questions from reporters. The key is to be able to answer the content in complete sentences - something Mr. Trump had demonstrably and obvious difficulty doing.

I have noticed things beyond his gaffes.. The way he walks, turns, and his general body language. At times on camera he does not seem to be fully aware of where he is.

He lost it awhile ago; but it's verbotten to notice. I mean, Trump was always taking questions from reporters. Biden? His handlers would never let that happen.
Anyone can take questions from reporters. The key is to be able to answer the content in complete sentences - something Mr. Trump had demonstrably and obvious difficulty doing.
Magalardo answered all right. Brilliant stuff like “you’re a terrible reporter” when the questions were tough.
Oleg is right; Biden would never do that. Nor would he continually complain about all media except the ONE who kisses his ass, like Trump did. Trump even kicked reporters out of the briefings (he rarely attended) if he didn’t like what they said about him.

More importantly, Biden is doing the job, and has gotten more done in less than 2 years than Lardo could accomplish in 20.

Compared to Clownstick, who went 2 waves past "one wave short of a shipwreck" a looooong time ago, Biden is sharp as a tack.

"Why are people so mean?" -- The Dotard; The stupid is fucking hilarious

You are SO obsessed with AOC. Ask her for a date already, and when she says No, get on with your life.
You are confusing me with lpetrich. :)
The reason I used AOC is that she has become a poster woman for the far left wing of the Democratic Party.
Pramila Jayapal chairs the Congressional Progressive Caucus, not AOC. Kate Porter and a certain Representative from Minnesota round out the CPC troika; none of them is Alexandria.
Those two do not get even 1/10 of the coverage AOC does. And AOC is the Sergeant of the Squad. Yes, informal where CPC is formal.
I am thinking of articles like this one:
AOC is the Democrats’ best shot against Trump in 2024

And Nancy Pelosi and Joe Manchin have far more power in Congress than the entire CPC. Yet all we hear from FauxNews and its fans is AOC, AOC, AOC! Funny funny joke maybe, but this wilful ignorance gets tiresome.
AOC commands a lot of excitement on the base, right next to Bernie Sanders. Both of them bring out more excitement in the base than KP and PJ. Far more than NP. And of course JM and KS are positively reviled by the base, which is the wrong kind of excitement.

As for Biden's alleged incompetence:
I did not say he was incompetent per se. But he is old. Past his prime. And too easily influenced by the left fringe.

(1) In less than two years he has done much good and undone much of the damage inflicted by your sociopathic brat.
My sociopathic brat? I never voted for him. In 2016 I could not stomach either turd sandwich nor the giant douche. In 2020 I reluctantly voted for Biden. He delivered in restoring a level of sanity and competence to the White House. Unfortunately, he was too easily pulled to the left.

American voters are demonstrably the stupidest in the world:
Now, that is not fair. There are many countries that elected idiots or otherwise poor candidates.

Righteous people must elect those who can be elected. Apparently you would have preferred the D's to have nominated a smarter younger person in 2020, so Donald Trump would have waltzed back in for another 4 years.
Do you think Biden was the only one who could have won? I admit, the 2020 Dem field had far more quantity than quality. So you may be right that Biden was the best bet to remove Trump. I think Bloomberg, who is admittedly also old, would have been better at governing and about the same as far as getting elected.
I do not think Bloomberg would have allowed the left fringe to pull him to call for a $3.5T non-infrastructure spending bill for example.

You might have preferred that outcome, but most of us love America and, despite their lamentable stupidity, love the American people.
Again, I voted for Biden, for all his faults.

Presumably Derec would have been happier if Jan6 had gone his way and we had a Golfer in Chief for Life.
Presumably, if we had infinite time there would exist, by random chance, an Elixir post where he does not write a blatant falsehood. In finite time, the likelihood of that happening is infinitesimal.

Again, I voted for Biden. I do not agree with everything he does (e.g. sweetheart deals for left-wing terrorists like Colinford Mattis, Urooj Rahman and Montez Lee or the B3 monstrosity), but he was the lesser evil.

American voters are demonstrably the stupidest in the world:
Now, that is not fair. There are many countries that elected idiots or otherwise poor candidates.

It was unreasonable for me to extrapolate to all countries. Other than the U.S. I'm only familiar with Thailand. Like the U.S., Thailand has chosen criminals for the highest office. But there's a difference.

Most Trump supporters do not know, or pretend not to know, that their man is a criminal. I used to challenge Thais — "Why do you support a criminal?" — expecting them to defend against the charge. Nope: "He's a criminal, but he's OUR criminal." Or "Sure he defrauded the Kingdom's Treasury. Wouldn't you have done the same if you could and were smart enough?" :cool:

Righteous people must elect those who can be elected. Apparently you would have preferred the D's to have nominated a smarter younger person in 2020, so Donald Trump would have waltzed back in for another 4 years.
Do you think Biden was the only one who could have won? I admit, the 2020 Dem field had far more quantity than quality. So you may be right that Biden was the best bet to remove Trump. I think Bloomberg, who is admittedly also old, would have been better at governing and about the same as far as getting elected.

Biden was the most electable candidate the Ds had. He would definitely have gotten more votes than Bloomberg, by a very large margin in my opinion.

Yes. Only Biden would have won. He won the popular vote about 51-to-47. That is NOT a landslide but more importantly the popular vote is irrelevant; it is EVs that matter and the D needs to win the Pop-vote by about a 4% or 5% margin to overcome EV arithmetic. Yes, Biden won the EV's 306-232 but that final count disguises that some swing states were won by a razor-thin margin.

It would have taken less than 22,000 Biden voters (5230 in Arizona, 10350 in Wisconsin, 5890 in Georgia) to switch to Trump for Trump to have gotten a 269-269 EV tie and been re-elected. Despite the Pop-vote and EV numbers, this was one of the very closest elections in American history. (For that reason, attempts by the Hatred Party to litigate the election were not quite as nonsensical as MSM portrayed.)

So YES. Biden was the only one who could have won.

Again, I voted for Biden, for all his faults.

Let me formally apologize to you. Your posts often come across as Pro-QOP, but I do understand you're pushing against excessive leftism. Similarly I consider myself a centrist, but I see right-wing stupidity and hatred as the big threat in America, so my posts come across as Leftish.

But what did Trump accomplish?
Well, he made America the laughingstock of the rest of the world, so that's not nothing...

Conservatives in my circle love to bring up the fact he gave historically black colleges money (like other administrations have done). However in many cases the school truly is historically black. Not that I have an issue with it, lots of white students benefit from it and that's awesome, but on the same note I don't consider it as done specifically for "my" people.

The reason I used AOC is that she has become a poster woman for the far left wing of the Democratic Party.
The "Poster boy / girl" is the person that the party itself wants to put out there as the popular exemplar of their values. AOC was chosen by the right-wing media to be the symbol of the left, not the DNC leadership, which openly despises her perhaps for that very reason.

I'll note that there is in this discussion an issue as pertains to the idea of "a full deck" and playing with one.

There is, in my estimation, an issue in making a qualitative statement when a quantitative one is necessary.

I want to say it uses the same fundamental math as a False Dichotomy, but it is hard to recognize in that manner so I expect it has a different name.

It's not quite exactly the phenomena as "excluded middle" but it's close to there, I think.

It matters what the deck looks like and nobody anywhere has all the cards.

As such, I prefer someone who has a lot of cards whole and accounted for than the one whose cards are made of torn paper that may or may not have been attempted to be flushed down a toilet... maybe it warps the probabilities a bit but a lot of games are still perfectly functional with even half a deck.

prefer someone who has a lot of cards whole and accounted for than the one whose cards are made of torn paper that may or may not have been attempted to be flushed down a toilet...
… unless it’s a straight flush of course.

The "Poster boy / girl" is the person that the party itself wants to put out there as the popular exemplar of their values. AOC was chosen by the right-wing media to be the symbol of the left, not the DNC leadership, which openly despises her perhaps for that very reason.

She wasn't put out there by the party establishment or the DNC leadership (and I never claimed she was), but by the base. Only then did the right and moderate independents (such as myself) pick up on her. The AOC megathread was started by a fan of hers (lpetrich), not a detractor.

She has been popular with the base for a while, and still there are pieces about her like the one where she is touted as Dems best chance for president in 2024.

She wasn't put out there by the party establishment or the DNC leadership (and I never claimed she was), but by the base. Only then did the right and moderate independents (such as myself) pick up on her. The AOC megathread was started by a fan of hers (lpetrich), not a detractor.

She has been popular with the base for a while, and still there are pieces about her like the one where she is touted as Dems best chance for president in 2024.

Derec, none of this means that YOU aren't obsessed with AOC, even if a lot of other conservatives and liberals are, too. The point is that Biden is not really taking advice from her, so we need to move past your Lord of the Rings joke about her having somehow mesmerized him. She clearly mesmerizes you, as well.

Biden still appears to be fully in charge of his faculties and functioning like a normal politician. He has his quirks and makes mistakes. Also like a normal politician. The man is clearly showing his age, although it doesn't seem to prevent him from doing his job rather well. I doubt that he will be running in 2024 again, but he has to at least maintain the pretense in order to get anything done, just as Donald Trump has to maintain the pretense in order to retain his chokehold on the Republican Party and sucker people into paying for his legal expenses.

She wasn't put out there by the party establishment or the DNC leadership (and I never claimed she was), but by the base.
No, AOC was put out by her base which does not encompass the entire the base of the Democratic party.

Back
Top Bottom