• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Is Georgia on your mind?

More crazy drama in Georgia!

https://www.ajc.com/politics/trump-fumes-at-georgia-republicans-ahead-of-his-runoff-rally/LLZVBDOVYND2DEZPVVUIIS5FNY/

President Donald Trump offered what could be a preview of his rally for Georgia’s Senate Republican candidates over the weekend with a barrage of attacks on social media leveled at top state GOP officials.

He amplified a tweet from Herschel Walker urging Republicans not to certify Georgia’s vote in Congress because it’s “not right.” He falsely claimed that the Tuesday runoffs are “illegal and invalid,” undercutting the reason for his Monday rally in Dalton for U.S. Sens. Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue.

And he promoted a poll that shows Gov. Brian Kemp lagging behind a potential primary challenge from U.S. Rep. Doug Collins above the message: “Wow, I guess it’s not good to go against a President who everyone in Georgia knows got you into office!”

Actually, Trump had nothing to do with Kemp's win. If anything helped Kemp, it was voter suppression and the fact that he was SOS and controlled the election when he ran for governor.

On Sunday, Trump fumed about a call with Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, the state’s top elections official, pressuring him to accept unfounded claims of systemic voting problems.

Raffensperger, a Republican frequently targeted by Trump, responded that “what you’re saying is not true;” a person who was on the call but requested anonymity described his accusations during the conversation as “crazy.”

I'm beginning to wonder if COVID made Trump crazier than he already was since some people become psychotic after they get COVID. Oh wait. That can't be right. I just heard that the QAnon folks think that Trump never had COVID. He was on some kind of secret mission to rid the world of those crazy lizard people who are controlling some Democrats or something sensible like that. :D

At a weekend campaign stop in Carrollton, Loeffler opened by telling a crowd of about 100 crammed into a popular restaurant that “Trump is fighting for us, we are fighting for him, and we’re not going to stop.”

In an interview after the event, Loeffler repeated her previous stance that she’s not yet decided whether to formally challenge Biden’s victory. She said she is “working on it right now, but my main focus is winning this election on Jan. 5.”

Some veteran Republicans worry that turnout is relatively light in deeply-conservative areas, such as the region around Dalton where Trump will hold his rally, in part because of Trump’s attacks on the “rigged” election. Pressed on Trump’s conflicting message, Loeffler was optimistic he’ll spur more Republicans to the polls.

Maybe, but I have a feeling that his rally is going to be all about him and how the election was rigged in Georgia and he really won. After all, everyone in Georgia knows that he's the true whiner, I mean winner. /s. This week is going to be something that I hope I never have to see again. The circus in Congress will be bad enough and if this election is a nail biter as many are predicting, I wonder how many recounts and charges of fraud there will be if the Dems win.

I want Orange Grifter to just be himself when he goes to Georgia. :D

You know that he's going to spend 80% of his time talking about how wonderful his is and how everything is so unfair. 15% of the time telling people it's not worth voting because of "fraud". 5% saying how wonderful the two Repugs are.

In other words, what you said. He'll be himself.

Has anyone else read the entire transcript of that phone call with Raffensperger? OMG! I had no idea it was that insane when I made my last post in this thread. But, last night the entire transcript was available in the 3 papers that I subscribe to, and I had to read the entire thing. Trump is an insane grifter, who can't even make a complete sentence, who has threatened our SOS with a crime, while he is the one who is the criminal. Projecting his own criminalities on others is one of h is favorite things to do.

But yeah. I agree that he's likely going to make a fool of himself in Georgia tonight. It's going to be all about him. He's going to be full of self pity. I doubt he really cares about this runoff election. He just wants more attention as he suffers from malignant narcissism. He may not be able to control himself, but his toadies don't have that excuse. They are helping a sick man undermine our democracy.

Has anyone else read the entire transcript of that phone call with Raffensperger? OMG! I had no idea it was that insane when I made my last post in this thread. But, last night the entire transcript was available in the 3 papers that I subscribe to, and I had to read the entire thing. Trump is an insane grifter, who can't even make a complete sentence, who has threatened our SOS with a crime, while he is the one who is the criminal. Projecting his own criminalities on others is one of h is favorite things to do.

But yeah. I agree that he's likely going to make a fool of himself in Georgia tonight. It's going to be all about him. He's going to be full of self pity. I doubt he really cares about this runoff election. He just wants more attention as he suffers from malignant narcissism. He may not be able to control himself, but his toadies don't have that excuse. They are helping a sick man undermine our democracy.

Yes, I read the entire transcript of the phone call.

First, it is apparent that Trump believes fervently in everything he is saying. This isn't an act, or some con game he is playing out, he lives fully in conspiracy land.

Second, he absolutely no understanding of our laws, and how illegal the suggestions he made are. No concept period. No act, this is Trump the mob-child.

Third, I can't tell if his 'handlers' agree, but they are fully going along with him, encouraging him. Can't tell to what end.

Fourth, I'd like to know who leaked the tape. Of course, what harm can possibly come to them, they'll be out of a job and have a worthless resume soon enough. But someone doesn't believe, and wants the rest of us to see behind that behind the curtain it is even worse that in front.

Fourth, I'd like to know who leaked the tape.
Georgia officials would have saved the tape until their deposition, if Trump sued them. Or demanded action IAW an agreement he claimed was reached on the call.
Being in nutsy-fagin-land, though, Trump would consider this a perfect, perfect call, trying to get to the truth. He would release it, to show people the problems he's having with state officials who refuse to give him his victory.
"See? See? There's all this...there are all these, you know, issues and concerns, and they say, they tell me the Georgia FBI, and the real FBI, they say they couldn't find what is obviously going on! They're incompetent! Or Never Trumpers!"

Yes, I read the entire transcript of the phone call.

First, it is apparent that Trump believes fervently in everything he is saying. This isn't an act, or some con game he is playing out, he lives fully in conspiracy land.

Second, he absolutely no understanding of our laws, and how illegal the suggestions he made are. No concept period. No act, this is Trump the mob-child.

Third, I can't tell if his 'handlers' agree, but they are fully going along with him, encouraging him. Can't tell to what end.

Fourth, I'd like to know who leaked the tape. Of course, what harm can possibly come to them, they'll be out of a job and have a worthless resume soon enough. But someone doesn't believe, and wants the rest of us to see behind that behind the curtain it is even worse that in front.

+1
I disagree with Hyzer though, that Cheato actually believes he won. The desperation, the pleading and begging, the near-hysteria - he KNOWS he is in deep shit if he EVER leaves office, and he KNOWS he lost the election. He may still "believe" he can overturn the electoral results, but is in no way unaware of the fact that he lost. He knew he was going to lose a year before the election; that's when he started ginning up the fraud conspiracy crap.

There was a commenter on MSNBC this morning who cracked me up; (from memory)

"If you break into my house and get caught, claiming that it's your house isn't going to get you off the hook. Saying you told 50 people it was your house won't do it either. Even if you say "Rudy Giuliani and Sydney Powell TOLD me it was my house!", you are not going to be absolved, let alone granted the house."

TRUMP KNOWS THIS. But he thinks that maybe he can fire the police force, have the house's owner arrested by "his" military (DHS thugs, whatever) and everyone on the block will celebrate the fact that such a great guy moved in next door.

I agree that Trumpo is 100% aware that he lost the election to Biden. Orange Clown is simply doing everything he's always done in the past to get his way. And yes, he is scared shitless of the prospect of being broke and in court without his presidential immunity. He's fucked and desperate and his behavior proves it. He's never been anything else all his life.

Newly released Georgia Senate runoff poll finds Democratic candidates with widening leads

Jon Ossoff and the Rev. Raphael Warnock, the two Democratic US Senate candidates in Georgia, widened their leads against Republican Sens. David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler in a new poll from JMC Analytics and Polling.

The JMC poll, conducted with 500 respondents on Monday and Tuesday, found Ossoff ahead of Perdue 50% to 43%, or 7 points, with 7% of respondents saying they were undecided.

The divide between Warnock and Loeffler in the poll was even larger: Warnock was ahead 53% to 44%, or 9 points, with 3% of respondents saying they were undecided.

JMC's poll was its first of the Senate runoff elections. A recent survey conducted by SurveyUSA found Ossoff with a 5-percentage-point lead and Warnock with a 7-point lead. And according to FiveThirtyEight's polling tracker, the margin of support has steadily increased for the Democratic candidates in polls conducted since the general election on November 3.

When JMC asked how and when its respondents planned to vote, 91% said they had already voted or planned to vote early in person or by mail, while 7% said they planned to vote on Election Day on Tuesday.

I actually wish that states wouldn't release early voting data. I think it provides additional motivation for the possibly otherwise reluctant hard core GOP to get out and vote. It's like broadcasting what you're going to do in a football game.

I actually wish that states wouldn't release early voting data. I think it provides additional motivation for the possibly otherwise reluctant hard core GOP to get out and vote. It's like broadcasting what you're going to do in a football game.

Agree. Some will try to do it to motivate their own side, I suppose. But none can be sure what the effect will end up being.

I did read the transcript initially, but the hourlong audio of the call is even more compelling. Since the Trump side is using a speaker phone, and Donald Trump has a propensity for loudness and filibustering, attempts by the Georgian officials to object or interrupt are cut off automatically. You can hear little blips of sound as they attempt to interject during his long Gish gallops. Note that the Georgia side secretly recorded the call. They released it after Trump tried to characterize Raffensperger as unwilling or unable to reply to Trump. Raffensperger was, indeed, unable to break in during most of Trump's rambles, but that was partly the fault of the speaker phone automatically muting the other side of the conversation while he talked. Also, the Georgia side was intending to release this tape, if Trump started tweeting about it later--which he did. Trump comes off as hopelessly delusional and unwilling to listen to any pushback. You can hear him ruminating and speculating about how the fraud was committed and then abruptly claiming that his speculation was fact that everyone knew and believed, even if they were unwilling to admit to his version of reality.

[YOUTUBE]AW_Bdf_jGaA&ab_channel=NBCNews[/YOUTUBE]

I did read the transcript initially, but the hourlong audio of the call is even more compelling. Since the Trump side is using a speaker phone, and Donald Trump has a propensity for loudness and filibustering, attempts by the Georgian officials to object or interrupt are cut off automatically. You can hear little blips of sound as they attempt to interject during his long Gish gallops. Note that the Georgia side secretly recorded the call. They released it after Trump tried to characterize Raffensperger as unwilling or unable to reply to Trump. Raffensperger was, indeed, unable to break in during most of Trump's rambles, but that was partly the fault of the speaker phone automatically muting the other side of the conversation while he talked. Also, the Georgia side was intending to release this tape, if Trump started tweeting about it later--which he did. Trump comes off as hopelessly delusional and unwilling to listen to any pushback. You can hear him ruminating and speculating about how the fraud was committed and then abruptly claiming that his speculation was fact that everyone knew and believed, even if they were unwilling to admit to his version of reality.

That's not surprising. The reason I chose to read the transcript rather than listen to the recording is because I would have been nauseated if I had to listen to Trump for over an hour. You have a lot patience to have been able to listen to that for an hour and 2 minutes. I couldn't do it. You only needed to read the transcript to realize how delusional Trump must have sounded.

Remember Lindsey Graham tried to talk the GA SOS into changing the votes, then denied he did it? Damn skippy I'd record the next phone attempt to do the same.

Remember Lindsey Graham tried to talk the GA SOS into changing the votes, then denied he did it? Damn skippy I'd record the next phone attempt to do the same.

During today's press conference GA Voting System Implementation Manager Gabriel Sterling said he assumes that Trump was also recording the phone call that might also be the source for some of the leaks. He says GA only released it after Trump started tweeting about what was said.

That's not surprising. The reason I chose to read the transcript rather than listen to the recording is because I would have been nauseated if I had to listen to Trump for over an hour. You have a lot patience to have been able to listen to that for an hour and 2 minutes. I couldn't do it. You only needed to read the transcript to realize how delusional Trump must have sounded.

I can't stand listening to him. If you don't actually listen to his words he can sound sane. But when you actually listen to what he is saying it's clear he is a lying mobster.

My wife and I couldn't stop listening to the recording, although we hadn't expected to listen to the whole thing. The extent to which his mind had deteriorated and that he was surrounded by sycophants and fools trying to placate him was actually quite chilling. We found it much more compelling than the transcript. Like it or not, the country is stuck with him for over two weeks now, and things are just more likely to get tense. You could hear the desperation in the tone of his voice, as he alternately cajoled, pleaded, and threatened non-stop. It is fascinating to hear him speculate about how the fraud might have occurred, then pivot to saying that everyone was telling him that, then move on to insist that Raffensperger knew it was what happened and wasn't being honest, then progress to inform Raffensperger that he was committing a felony and would face prosecution for it. It was a Gish gallop of paranoia that people tried unsuccessfully to interrupt.

Today, Loeffler got up on stage with Trump and said she would object to the electoral count tomorrow.

This morning's prediction is that the election will be very close and that there is a good chance that Warnock will win, but Ossoff might not. Of course, this is just the opinion of outsiders who have been hanging out in Georgia, talking to people. They believe that Black voters have been highly energized by Warnock, and some white voters simply can't stand Loeffler, so they will vote for Warnock, but then also vote for Perdue. I have no idea if that is true because all of my friends are Democrats and they have already voted for the two Democrats. The biggest question imo, is how many of the Republicans who voted for Biden in the general, will vote for one or both Dems in the runoff. Apparently, there are a lot of Georgia voters who are happy to split the ticket.....people are saying. :)

Of course, as predicted, most of Trump's Georgia's rally was about Trump.

Back
Top Bottom