• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Is it moral to pay someone less than 50% of the immediate take on a venture?

One thing is for sure, they are illegally and immorally defrauding their customers. That is why they don't want you to tell the customer they hired you. The customer is paying for trained/licensed workers. Thus, the customers are being lied to and not getting what they paid for.

It would be completely moral for you to tell the customers.

In other words, they took a huge risk for the profit they made. Had anything gone wrong it would have cost them far more than they were being paid. There was no exploitation here.
Bull shit. They didn't care about the risk. If I hadn't driven, someone else would have. The other guys didn't want to drive.

That's not a rebuttal. Had you gotten in an accident they would have been on the hook for the costs. Had you even gotten stopped by the cops they would have had a fair amount of shit land on them.

- - - Updated - - -

No. The question is what is stopping them from getting a steady job, not why the powers that be don't want them to have a steady job.
I can't speak for them. I can speak for myself- I've been offered a full time job, have to name my price (was taking 18$, so have to figure out something close to that), but I know for a fact that I won't get the job.

You know why? Because I don't have a driver's license (and it's not within reach), and it's required for the job.

Then get one. If you can't you're not qualified for the job.

The point is, they didn't take into account the risk in their figures, because they didn't think there was one (because they are a connected, rich asshole).

They were just being an asshole, taking advantage of the poor. I was not surprised that you came to their defense.

I can't get a license for various reasons. The main one? A corrupt system that exploits a percentage of the good for the benefit of the corrupt, while fooling the rest of the good by making the exploited look bad by manipulating them into bad situations during their youth.

A-262795-1442765482-4193.jpeg.jpg

The point is, they didn't take into account the risk in their figures, because they didn't think there was one (because they are a connected, rich asshole).

They were just being an asshole, taking advantage of the poor. I was not surprised that you came to their defense.

I can't get a license for various reasons. The main one? A corrupt system that exploits a percentage of the good for the benefit of the corrupt, while fooling the rest of the good by making the exploited look bad by manipulating them into bad situations during their youth.

View attachment 12814

You don't like the situation so you assume they are exploiting you, and then turning around and using this as evidence they are exploiting you. Given how you are reacting to the situation I think it's virtually certain that your problems are of your own making.

No, they aren't. I know I was railroaded. I'm not completely fucking naive (although I'm talking to someone who always sides with corruption, so I am at least partially naive since I respond as if you have a semblance of a conscience).

You know why? Because I don't have a driver's license (and it's not within reach), and it's required for the job.
Then get one. If you can't you're not qualified for the job.

Can't get a job because you don't have a driver's licence? Go and get a driver's licence.

Can't get a driver's licence because you haven't got the money? Go and get a job.

Can't get a job because you don't have a driver's licence? Go and get a driver's licence.

Can't get a driver's licence because you haven't got the money? Go and get a job.

Driver's licenses aren't expensive.

This does depend upon where one lives. In my state, a Commercial Drivers Licence(CDL) will cost over $115. This will allow one to operated a tractor trailer rig, a passenger bus, provided the extra fees are paid. This is not considering any Federal Interstate driving endorsement fees.

In my past life of being the person who hired people, I found that getting a license wasn't the problem. Getting the license back, was the problem.

Driver's licenses aren't expensive.

When you don't have a job, anything that isn't free is expensive.

In my past life of being the person who hired people, I found that getting a license wasn't the problem. Getting the license back, was the problem.

Yeah. If someone does something that gets it taken away there's normally a problem.

I don't have an obligation to feed the hungry merely because I can. More than ability is necessary to make actions obligatory. If you come to me and offer your services for $15/hr., the only obligation I actually have are the ones you didn't create in your mind.

Back
Top Bottom