• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

islam is growing in the west

CONCLUSION: TRINITY lead to DISBELIEVE in god AND atheist's LIFESTYLE lead to believe in god AGAIN
Very nice, Syes. YOU don't understand the trinity, therefore no one understands the trinity.
do you understand trinity?
That's not exactly a rebuttal of my accusation, Syed.

But yeah, sure, the Trinity was not a sticking point for me.
My dad was Dad when I talked to him, Mr. &Co. when my friends talked to him, Mark when Mom or his coworkers talked to him, Merthyn to his parents (his middle name, since his first name was HIS father's). And different aspects of his personality came into play depending on who he was talking to and how much Scotch he'd had.
father, son, ghost are one god makes sense to you?
That seems to be a silly question. Why would you think that it would make sense to him when the idea of Allah, Ganish, Odin, Thor, etc. obviously doesn't make sense to him. But then the trinity makes just as much sense as Allah - which is zero sense.

do you understand trinity please explain ?
The Trinity is nonsense .

there you have it

that the reason exchristian / atheist like islamic concept of god

Quran

Say: He is Allah, the One and Only!
Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;
He begetteth not nor is He begotten.
And there is none like unto Him.

The deist god makes more sense than any others tha have been proposed. It created the universe, then left it alone. It doesn't interfere in its creation,
how do they know that god exist ?
How do the followers of Muhammad know that Allah exists? The some of the answers to that question will answer this one too.
deist god makes more sense to you why?
It isn't contradicted by the properties of physical universe. Most religions (Abrahamic included) make testable claims that have been tested. These claims have been found to be lacking. The predictions made by the Deist religion conform exactly to the physical universe we experience.

there you have it

Quran

He is fiction. That is why atheism is growing so rapidly in Muslim countries and around the world.

People can't be kept stupid and ignorant anymore. :)

CONCLUSION: TRINITY lead to DISBELIEVE in god AND atheist's LIFESTYLE lead to believe in god AGAIN
Very nice, Syes. YOU don't understand the trinity, therefore no one understands the trinity.
do you understand trinity?
That's not exactly a rebuttal of my accusation, Syed.

But yeah, sure, the Trinity was not a sticking point for me.
My dad was Dad when I talked to him, Mr. &Co. when my friends talked to him, Mark when Mom or his coworkers talked to him, Merthyn to his parents (his middle name, since his first name was HIS father's). And different aspects of his personality came into play depending on who he was talking to and how much Scotch he'd had.
father, son, ghost are one god makes sense to you?
That seems to be a silly question. Why would you think that it would make sense to him when the idea of Allah, Ganish, Odin, Thor, etc. obviously doesn't make sense to him. But then the trinity makes just as much sense as Allah - which is zero sense.

do you understand trinity please explain ?
The Trinity is nonsense .

there you have it

Quran

You omitted that Allah is also nonsense. They are both equally nonsensical. But the true believer in each religion can somehow overlook the nonsense of their particular religion and somehow accept what their religious leaders and books say.

Can you give examples of why...and what in particular they like?

Quran

translation by Abdullah Yusuf Ali

Ah. That clears things up.

One god, never dies, was never born, always was, and he is unique. Gee, we've never heard that before.

As to this whole "tribal religion" you speak of? What the hell was Mohammed and his gang of merry weirdos, but a tribe? Or were they a pre-existing metropolitan association of men and their pre-pubescent wives who were not a tribe?

From dictionary.com
Tribe: any aggregate of people united by ties of descent from a common ancestor, community of customs and traditions, adherence to the same leaders;

And you can convert to Judaism. It happens all the time. If I wanted to be a Jew, I could start down the path to Yahweh tonight and be chillin' with the Talmud and my yarmulke in no time. But the food sucks and, like all other religions, it's silly.

Can you give examples of why...and what in particular they like?

Quran

How is this substantively different from:

Stan, Stan, he's our boy,
If he can't do it, no-one... will.​

Rah-rah chants are all very well if you are already a fan; but not one person in history has changed football teams, much less religions, on the basis of such vacuous crap.

Quran

Rah-rah chants are all very well if you are already a fan; but not one person in history has changed football teams, much less religions, on the basis of such vacuous crap.

Now I'm envisioning ISIS jumping around with pom poms.

Now I'm envisioning ISIS jumping around with pom poms.

I don't think they have a navy, and even if they do, an antiquated anti-aircraft system is unlikely to be useful against modern aircraft. :confused:

image.jpeg

But then, why not convert to Deism? Attractive, non-tribal religion, only one God, and He doesn't look anything like human.

why do deist believe in god ?
Same as why theists believe in god: for personal reasons that vary from deist to deist. For example, here's Paine.

"The only idea man can affix to the name of God is that of a first cause, the cause of all things. And incomprehensible and difficult as it is for a man to conceive what a first cause is, he arrives at the belief of it from the tenfold greater difficulty of disbelieving it. It is difficult beyond description to conceive that space can have no end; but it is more difficult to conceive an end. It is difficult beyond the power of man to conceive an eternal duration of what we call time; but it is more impossible to conceive a time when there shall be no time.

In like manner of reasoning, everything we behold carries in itself the internal evidence that it did not make itself Every man is an evidence to himself that he did not make himself; neither could his father make himself, nor his grandfather, nor any of his race; neither could any tree, plant, or animal make itself; and it is the conviction arising from this evidence that carries us on, as it were, by necessity to the belief of a first cause eternally existing, of a nature totally different to any material existence we know of, and by the power of which all things exist; and this first cause man calls God."​

there you have it

Quran

He is fiction. That is why atheism is growing so rapidly in Muslim countries and around the world.

People can't be kept stupid and ignorant anymore. :)

if god is fiction than who created you mother earth without brain?

Rather than something that can be observed or tested, to say ''created'' is an assumption based on a set of religious beliefs.

They don't know it exists, they believe it. Just like muslims, xians, jews believe their gods exist. Anybody who calims to know a god exists is a liar, or deluded.

deist god makes more sense to you why?
Because, unlike the other claims of gods, the deist god is not claimed to involve itself in the affairs of a single species out of millions on a single planet out of billions in the vastness of the universe. It just kicked things off and left its creation to get on with it, so the lack of physical evidence of its involvement in the world isn't the problem it is for hands-on gods. It doesn't offer eternal bliss (which would very soon turn into eternal boredom) for believing in it, nor eternal torture for finite "sins", so it escapes that logical and moral trap. It doesn't narcissistically demand worship, which is an odd trait, to say the least, for a supposedly perfect and self-contained being such as the Abrahamic gods to have.

In short, it is not a being which can be easily disproved and easily dismissed, like the Abrahamic deities. It can be effectively ignored, without danger of causing offence to it, in keeping with the logical nature of an infinite being vis-a-vis finite creatures. The Abrahamic gods' touchiness about "offence" from humans is like me being pissed off because a microbe thinks I'm a cunt. It makes no sense whatsoever.

Rather than something that can be observed or tested, to say ''created'' is an assumption based on a set of religious beliefs.

what did you observed or tested?

what is the mechanism behind that life appeared on earth?

Originally Posted by Syed View Post

They don't know it exists, they believe it. Just like muslims, xians, jews believe their gods exist. Anybody who calims to know a god exists is a liar, or deluded.
we believe in maker of life but you say we dont have maker, that does not makes sense, since we exist

we believe in maker of life but you say we dont have maker, that does not makes sense, since we exist

Yes, we exist ... and? Existence is not, in itself, evidence of a creator. All it is evidence of is existence.

Muslims believe that Allah created man from mud, Jinns from smokeless fire and the world from nothing...that makes a lot of sense! :confused:

Yes, we exist ... and? Existence is not, in itself, evidence of a creator. All it is evidence of is existence.

do we always existed?

nothing created us?

- - - Updated - - -

Muslims believe that Allah created man from mud, Jinns from smokeless fire and the world from nothing...that makes a lot of sense! :confused:
who / what created us?

We were created by natural processes. Starting with simple molecules that could replicate, and evolving to achieve the greater complexity and diversity we observe today. No magic needed to answer that question.

Who created Allah?

Back
Top Bottom