• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

January 6 Hearings Live

I'm almost afraid to ask - what is a "conclusive and determinative fact" and how does it differ to other facts?

I'm almost afraid to ask - what is a "conclusive and determinative fact" and how does it differ to other facts?
Facts necessary for a court to come to a decision. How numbnuts is using it is on him. Dollars to donuts, the term was used by his counsel regarding his 'take away the mags" comment and it was stuck in his head when when he made that post.

Last edited:
Okay, so he says that the attack is a so called "crime", but the "crime" wouldn't have happened had they listened to him personally saying there should be 10,000 troops at the Capitol? How can the crime that he doesn't think was even a crime be stopped by troops? There would have been nothing to stop.

Odd, when you look at Trump's tweets, they don't seem to indicate he thought troops should protect the Capitol Building.
Trump Tweet 1/5/21 said:
I hope the Democrats, and even more importantly, the weak and ineffective RINO section of the Republican Party, are looking at the thousands of people pouring into D.C. They won't stand for a landslide election victory to be stolen. @senatemajldr @JohnCornyn @SenJohnThune
Trump Tweet 1/5/21 said:
Washington is being inundated with people who don't want to see an election victory stolen by emboldened Radical Left Democrats. Our Country has had enough, they won't take it anymore! We hear you (and love you) from the Oval Office. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
link

Okay, so he says that the attack is a so called "crime", but the "crime" wouldn't have happened had they listened to him personally saying there should be 10,000 troops at the Capitol? How can the crime that he doesn't think was even a crime be stopped by troops? There would have been nothing to stop.
Trump is the only authority that can order troops to the capital. If he really wanted them there they would have been.

Certainly. I'm more confused about why he "suggested" 10,000 plus troops to protect the US Capitol from the people he was encouraging to go to DC on January 6th.

Meanwhile in the world of schadenfreude, check out the reposts and likes on those posts on his social media site.

Hutchinson attested to Trump's knowledge that some people in the crowd had weapons, that he wanted the magnetometers taken away so that more armed persons could join the crowd, and that Trump was determined to lead armed protesters to the Capitol and play a leading role in the insurrection. If her testimony is corroborated then Trump and his closest advisors will be directly implicated in plotting sedition.
This. Wanting the magnetometers removed is the smoking gun to me. They're not going to hurt me means he expects them to hurt someone else.

I honestly do not understand why everyone is obsessing over the wheel-grabbing part and not the insurrection against the government part.
Some people live for melodrama.

That's true. People who don't like Trump enjoy hearing about his infantile tantrums. However, this also tells us something about his level of frustration at the time, because he had apparently planned to be present to egg the crowd on to enter the Capitol and disrupt the proceedings. His advisors were all telling him not to go, but he was the "F-ing president!", so he must have expected the SS detail to do as he told them. Meadows had been adamant that they not let him go to the Capitol, and he may even have instructed the SS not to follow his orders on that specific demand. Trump completely lost it when they wouldn't let him have his way, because this had been carefully planned by him in advance.

I honestly do not understand why everyone is obsessing over the wheel-grabbing part and not the insurrection against the government part.

That's true. People who don't like Trump enjoy hearing about his infantile tantrums. However, this also tells us something about his level of frustration at the time, because he had apparently planned to be present to egg the crowd on to enter the Capitol and disrupt the proceedings. His advisors were all telling him not to go, but he was the "F-ing president!", so he must have expected the SS detail to do as he told them. Meadows had been adamant that they not let him go to the Capitol, and he may even have instructed the SS not to follow his orders on that specific demand. Trump completely lost it when they wouldn't let him have his way, because this had been carefully planned by him in advance.
I think that partly people do focus on yet another example of Trump out of control. But I think that it is important to understand that Trump wasn’t just a passive bystander, clueless as to what was planned. No, he was an active participant who was willing to resort to personal violence (ineffectively) in order to take his place at the head of this armed insurrection.

I think that partly people do focus on yet another example of Trump out of control. But I think that it is important to understand that Trump wasn’t just a passive bystander, clueless as to what was planned. No, he was an active participant who was willing to resort to personal violence (ineffectively) in order to take his place at the head of this armed insurrection.
And, he has no excuses now. Whether or not he has a mask that he wears, he has been seen taking the mask down, admitting openly that he is lying.

At this point it is a gnostic grift, a true crime, and not one he can pretend he wasn't a gnostic party to.

Of course, he needs to be charged and in a jail before he kills himself, or people will claim him a martyr to an inevitable witch hunt.

And, he has no excuses now. Whether or not he has a mask that he wears, he has been seen taking the mask down, admitting openly that he is lying.

At this point it is a gnostic grift, a true crime, and not one he can pretend he wasn't a gnostic party to.

Of course, he needs to be charged and in a jail before he kills himself, or people will claim him a martyr to an inevitable witch hunt.
Narcissists don’t commit suicide.

That said, of course Trump is killing himself with his eating habits, lack of exercise and potentially his abuse of some kinds of drugs.
But of course he will get the best possible medical care to prolong his life.

That said, of course Trump is killing himself with his eating habits, lack of exercise and potentially his abuse of some kinds of drugs.
I dunno, I hear that there was this one narcissist who managed it near the end of WW2. Now if only the orange turd and the frozen (Russian) turd could follow suit.

I dunno, I hear that there was this one narcissist who managed it near the end of WW2. Now if only the orange turd and the frozen (Russian) turd could follow suit.
I hear you but Trump doesn’t strike me as having the guts to directly off himself.

Now, I also don’t foresee the DoJ having the courage to actually imprison Trump.

Hutchinson attested to Trump's knowledge that some people in the crowd had weapons, that he wanted the magnetometers taken away so that more armed persons could join the crowd, and that Trump was determined to lead armed protesters to the Capitol and play a leading role in the insurrection. If her testimony is corroborated then Trump and his closest advisors will be directly implicated in plotting sedition.
This. Wanting the magnetometers removed is the smoking gun to me. They're not going to hurt me means he expects them to hurt someone else.
I'd expect Trump if it went to court to turn around and say he meant take the magazines (MAGS) off the people with guns.

I hear you but Trump doesn’t strike me as having the guts to directly off himself.

Now, I also don’t foresee the DoJ having the courage to actually imprison Trump.
I’d like to see him charged with sedition , and any other crimes, then pardoned by Biden.

That's so off base it's hilarious.

Edit: In reply to Dannyk's comment.

That's so off base it's hilarious.

Edit: In reply to Dannyk's comment.
Shhhh you two.

This is entirely within character for that crowd and while it would be stunning bad faith...

Back
Top Bottom