• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

January 6 Hearings Live

Lumpenproletariat posted before clips of hostile depositions from Guilianni and Powell were played by the committee, but not before widespread knowledge about people who presumable support Trumps' narrative and were given teh chance to speak, showing up and extensively pleading the fifth.
And has also been silent since the news of corroborating reports from inside the vehicle surfaced.

One nice thing about being on Trump's side of things is that you don't have to think. Just wait for Hannity or Trump to make up a lie that sounds okay to you. It never takes long. I'm sure one of them will provide Lumpy with a suitable response shortly. Prob'ly "deep state blah blah witch hunt blah blah Hunter's laptop blah blah..."

The buttery males of 2022.

The problem is that some of you are making absurd stereotypes about people. Plenty of highly educated people voted for Trump. My brother in law is a dentist who voted for him twice, although he has recently admitted that Trump is nuts. Still, if Trump were to run against a rather liberal Democrat in 2024, I'm pretty sure that the bro in law would hold his nose and vote for Trump. Many if not most physicians vote Republican.
Just to make things clear, neither Biden or Clinton were liberal Democrats. And if either Clinton or Biden or Klobuchar or Bennett or Hickenlooper ran in 2024... he'd "hold his nose" and vote for Trump. To hell with those that can't vote for a moderate or conservative moderate Democrat because they are either clueless about politics, like Donald Trump/fascism, or wanted women to be sitting a bathroom weeping hysterically at the results of a pregnancy test (among other things).
Sohy just demonstrates that educated is not the same as smart or wise.

Lots of educated people are, frankly, morons outside thier narrow field.

Also, lots of educated people are selfish assholes. They will rationalize their voting (and behavior) in all kinds of ways, and they may be decent to those in their immediate circle, but they are selfish, self centered and don't really give a shit about others.

Again, I point to The Authoritarians as a good treatise on explaining their behavior.

There are now some interesting reports surfacing about Mike Pence. During the riots, the Secret Service told Pence they were moving him in a car to a safe location. Pence supposedly refused because he did not trust the SS driver. Apparently the SS has been out of control for some time now. This is on Biden's plate. If the SS needs new leadership and reform, it is Biden who will have to do that.

There are now some interesting reports surfacing about Mike Pence. During the riots, the Secret Service told Pence they were moving him in a car to a safe location. Pence supposedly refused because he did not trust the SS driver. Apparently the SS has been out of control for some time now. This is on Biden's plate. If the SS needs new leadership and reform, it is Biden who will have to do that.

The current head of the Secret Service has resigned and will retire at the end of July. He was a Trump protégé.

Now what Biden must do is appoint a no nonsense succesor with a mandate to ruthlessly clean house. Get rid of the dead wood, right winged crazies, scofflaws, and make sure no communication gets erased. Habits of SS refusing subpeonas which has been past habit are to end.

Washington — Rep. Adam Kinzinger, a member of the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 assault on the U.S. Capitol, said Sunday that the panel's next hearing will "open people's eyes in a big way," when lawmakers detail what former President Donald Trump was doing while the mob of his supporters violently breached the Capitol.

In an interview with "Face the Nation," Kinzinger, an Illinois Republican, said the committee has "filled in the blanks" of what Trump was doing at the White House in the 187 minutes from when his backers descended upon the Capitol building to when he issued his first public response to the attack.

"I can't necessarily say that the motives behind every piece of information we know we'll be able to explain, but this is going to open people's eyes in a big way," Kinzinger said. "The reality is, I'll give you this preview, the president didn't do very much but gleefully watch television during this time frame."

I watched Kissinger on "Face the Nation". The problem is that the Trump supporters aren't watching the hearings. When Nixon was in trouble, we didn't have cable tv or right wing radio, so most people on both sides believed the truth. There is so much disinformation these days, that it's hard to know what it will take to help people realize what a lying, dangerous person Trump is and how much damage he has done to the country.

The last poll I saw, gave Trump 49% support from fellow Republicans. WTF! None of the other potential R candidates were close to that. This morning, it was mentioned that some of Trump's allies leaked that he said he has to be president again to avoid jail time. The DOJ better hurry up and get something done before the fall. The Republicans aren't going to turn on him.

I watched Kissinger on "Face the Nation".
Jebus, that guy is still alive?! ;)
The problem is that the Trump supporters aren't watching the hearings. When Nixon was in trouble, we didn't have cable tv or right wing radio, so most people on both sides believed the truth. There is so much disinformation these days, that it's hard to know what it will take to help people realize what a lying, dangerous person Trump is and how much damage he has done to the country.
Indeed, there would need to be video evidence of him smiling while the bleeding to death woman was getting pulled out and he says "she took a bullet for me" all beaming. Even then...

The problem is that the Trump supporters aren't watching the hearings. When Nixon was in trouble, we didn't have cable tv or right wing radio, so most people on both sides believed the truth. There is so much disinformation these days, that it's hard to know what it will take to help people realize what a lying, dangerous person Trump is and how much damage he has done to the country.
Indeed, there would need to be video evidence of him smiling while the bleeding to death woman was getting pulled out and he says "she took a bullet for me" all beaming. Even then...
No, a dead woman would not do it. They’d have to have video and 5 eyewitnesses ( Male, GOP) him raping a blonde 4 year old little boy.

I thought I spelled his name right, so I"m going to blame it on auto correct. :D It's not the first time that auto correct has changed one name for another. Btw, Kissinger is still alive or at least he was as of yesterday. I think he's 98.

I thought I spelled his name right, so I"m going to blame it on auto correct. :D It's not the first time that auto correct has changed one name for another. Btw, Kissinger is still alive or at least he was as of yesterday. I think he's 98.
99, and yeah, he was just the latest in celebrities that I've apparently killed in my mind.

Secret Service cannot recover texts; no new details for Jan. 6 committee

The U.S. Secret Service has determined it has no new texts to provide Congress relevant to its Jan. 6 investigation, and that any other texts its agents exchanged around the time of the 2021 attack on the Capitol were purged, according to a senior official briefed on the matter.

Yeah...totally not suss.
Right?
The whole USSS should be disbanded and re-created without fascist sympathizers.

Secret Service cannot recover texts; no new details for Jan. 6 committee

The U.S. Secret Service has determined it has no new texts to provide Congress relevant to its Jan. 6 investigation, and that any other texts its agents exchanged around the time of the 2021 attack on the Capitol were purged, according to a senior official briefed on the matter.

Yeah...totally not suss.

But they do have a nice new scandal that calls out for investigation. Congress has until November.

I don't think that the current DoJ is up for it. Garland has continued Barr's policy of shielding the administration and other elected officials from scandalous prosecutions while running for election. That may be one reason that Trump is rushing to declare himself a candidate for 2024--to give the DoJ a reason to continue to hold him untouchable from the law. If Garland intends to let the clock run out on charging Trump, he does not seem up for letting the Jan 6 investigation lead him to an actual criminal prosecution of Donald Trump. I suspect he will go for prosecution of some of the clowns that helped Trump with his coup plot. That will help take some of the pressure off him to actually prosecute the one who pulled all the strings.

Last edited:
Is it possible that Garland has already opened investigations into crimes committed by Donald Trump, Would those investigations go away until and unless he loses in '24 if he declares tomorrow? I can't see how that would work. Does that mean anyone accused of anything could declare they're running for president... even someone guilty of seditious conspiracy, felony menacing, inciting an insurrection, witness tampering and dereliction of duty?
Perhaps complicity in the deaths of a few hundred thousand Americans would justify an exception??

I also wonder if Dems have agreed they want Trump to be the fascist candidate.

Back
Top Bottom