• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Jeremy Renner In Critical Condition

Ran over by his snowplow. I have no idea if Jeremy Renner is a nice person or not, but I have generally enjoyed the characters he has played. He plays things a bit more subtly, though I would suppose that'd mean he wasn't acting quite as much as others.

How do you get runover by your own snow plow?
You would be surprised. I work with a guy who forgot to apply the park brake before leaving his bus, which then rolled downhill until it was stopped by the twenty parked motorcycles and the wall of the electricity substation next to the motorcycle parking lot. He was lucky that he'd left the motor running, so the steering wasn't locked - if it had been, it would have gone in a straight line, and rolled out onto Ann Street at peak hour.

He's still working, pending his hearing, but will likely lose his job and his DA, so he will never be able to work in public transportation again.

TL;DR: It's surprisingly easy to fail to secure a vehicle, and it's not surprising if it runs you over if you walk around it thereafter.

TL;DR: It's surprisingly easy to fail to secure a vehicle, and it's not surprising if it runs you over if you walk around it thereafter.

Yep. My next door neighbor's daughter was killed in a snowmobile accident not long after we'd graduated from high school. She was going up a small hill when she lost control and it flipped over on top of her.

Not your dad’s Toro. This Piston Bully is a tracked vehicle with a cab. None of the versions are small. What happened appears to be close to what Bilby said. Renner tried to get in to stop it from rolling and was unsuccessful.

Not your dad’s Toro. This Piston Bully is a tracked vehicle with a cab. None of the versions are small. What happened appears to be close to what Bilby said. Renner tried to get in to stop it from rolling and was unsuccessful.
I had to look it up. Yeah, I could see how dangerous those things could be.

Ran over by his snowplow. I have no idea if Jeremy Renner is a nice person or not, but I have generally enjoyed the characters he has played. He plays things a bit more subtly, though I would suppose that'd mean he wasn't acting quite as much as others.
What a shame! I don't know him personally, but my father had him in one of his classes as did many of my colleagues at MJC where I teach; I've never heard a cross word about the man from anyone, he seems like the real deal.

Here's hoping for a quick recovery.

His Instagram has an update. For a man who was struck by a 14,000 lb Pistonbully three days ago, he's actually looking surprisingly well. That is of course a relative determination, it's amazing he survived at all.

Good. So far leg amputation still seems to be just a rumor. No solid word yet.

Seems unlikely they would send him home if they were planning to saw off his leg... I always thought that was a rumor anyway, though.

This whole thing should be pretty good publicity for his new show about custom built vehicles though. No, I am not kidding.

Latest Jeremy rumors:

1. He is pretty much retired from acting for the foreseable.

2. The police gave back the snowplow yesterday, having finished their investigation, and a smiling Mr Renner was seen to bear no ill will as he joined the small crowd which had gathered to watch the machine come down the street.

3. Apparently the thing had tipped over during the accident, for unknown reasons. Dunno about you, but for me that was a critical missing fact from earlier reporting that makes the entire incident make more sense. Both what happened and how he survived.

4. Less relevant, but.... I hear his ex -wife had a baby last week, and named the poor thing Wylder Rayne.

Back
Top Bottom