• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Joe Biden: if you don't vote for me, "you ain't black"

Last edited:
What politician has apologized for anything? Bill, HRC, Bush, and etc never apologized for anything.

Actually, both Bill and HRC apologized; Bill for lying about Lewinsky and HRC for saying things she actually never said (they were deliberately misconstrued--such as "super predators" and her actual policy on "gay" marriage and "basket of deplorables"--but she apologized nevertheless for using terms that could be deliberately misconstrued). So she actually took responsibility for someone else deliberately misconstruing her comments, when she had nothing to apologize for.

Now back to the regularly scheduled we don't have a prayer in hell against Biden unless we make it seem as if he hates black people desperation thread.

What politician has apologized for anything? Bill, HRC, Bush, and etc never apologized for anything.

Actually, both Bill and HRC apologized; Bill for lying about Lewinsky and HRC for saying things she actually never said (they were deliberately misconstrued--such as "super predators" and her actual policy on "gay" marriage and "basket of deplorables"--but she apologized nevertheless for using terms that could be deliberately misconstrued). So she actually took responsibility for someone else deliberately misconstruing her comments, when she had nothing to apologize for.

Now back to the regularly scheduled we don't have a prayer in hell against Biden unless we make it seem as if he hates black people desperation thread.
She didn't say, "basket of deplorables"? I wonder then if she reprimanded her body double.

She didn't say, "basket of deplorables"?

Jesus, again? Ok, here it is again, but at least it perfectly underscores the point about her words being deliberately misconstrued. What she actually said was (emphasis mine):

I know there are only 60 days left to make our case — and don’t get complacent, don’t see the latest outrageous, offensive, inappropriate comment and think well he’s done this time. We are living in a volatile political environment. You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right?

The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic — you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up. He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 people — now how 11 million. He tweets and retweets their offensive hateful mean-spirited rhetoric. Now, some of those folks — they are irredeemable, but thankfully they are not America. But the other basket — and I know this because I see friends from all over America here — I see friends from Florida and Georgia and South Carolina and Texas — as well as, you know, New York and California — but that other basket of people are people who feel that the government has let them down, the economy has let them down, nobody cares about them, nobody worries about what happens to their lives and their futures, and they’re just desperate for change. It doesn’t really even matter where it comes from. They don’t buy everything he says, but he seems to hold out some hope that their lives will be different. They won’t wake up and see their jobs disappear, lose a kid to heroine, feel like they’re in a dead-end. Those are people we have to understand and empathize with as well.

The vast majority of her comment in regard to the basket is toward the voters NOT in that basket with the ones that are demonstrably deplorable--i.e., the racists, the sexists, the homophobics, the xenophobics, the Islamaphobics--you name it. And SOME are irredeemable. But the other basket that no one--you included, apparently--talk about is the actual point of what she was saying.

She was agreeing with the crowd about how there are a lot of deplorable people who support Trump and who he caters too. That is just an irrefutable fact. BUT, we--Democrats--must look to all the OTHER voters out there were are NOT deplorable; who are NOT racists and sexists and homophobes who are backing Trump out of a misguided belief that they had been let down and ignored and are desperate for change, etc.

It is literally her saying the exact opposite of what people like you have misconstrued again and again and again and again. Clearly deliberately as you can plainly see the rest of her speech unmistakably contextualizes her comment.

And just the very fact that she gave that speech at a fundraiser held by the LGBT community and was speaking directly to people who had been victims of precisely these deplorable people for MONTHS during the campaign should have clued any partially functioning illiterate into the proper context of her comments, if not the actual proper context so clearly laid out by her immediately following the cherry-picked phrase.

Last edited:
She didn't say, "basket of deplorables"?

Jesus, again? Ok, here it is again, but at least it perfectly underscores the point about her words being deliberately misconstrued. What she actually said was (emphasis mine):

I know there are only 60 days left to make our case — and don’t get complacent, don’t see the latest outrageous, offensive, inappropriate comment and think well he’s done this time. We are living in a volatile political environment. You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right?

The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic — you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up. He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 people — now how 11 million. He tweets and retweets their offensive hateful mean-spirited rhetoric. Now, some of those folks — they are irredeemable, but thankfully they are not America. But the other basket — and I know this because I see friends from all over America here — I see friends from Florida and Georgia and South Carolina and Texas — as well as, you know, New York and California — but that other basket of people are people who feel that the government has let them down, the economy has let them down, nobody cares about them, nobody worries about what happens to their lives and their futures, and they’re just desperate for change. It doesn’t really even matter where it comes from. They don’t buy everything he says, but he seems to hold out some hope that their lives will be different. They won’t wake up and see their jobs disappear, lose a kid to heroine, feel like they’re in a dead-end. Those are people we have to understand and empathize with as well.

The vast majority of her comment in regard to the basket is toward the voters NOT in that basket with the ones that are demonstrably deplorable--i.e., the racists, the sexists, the homophobics, the xenophobics, the Islamaphobics--you name it. And SOME are irredeemable. But the other basket that no one--you included, apparently--talk about is the actual point of what she was saying.

She was agreeing with the crowd about how there are a lot of deplorable people who support Trump and who he caters too. That is just an irrefutable fact. BUT, we--Democrats--must look to all the OTHER voters out there were are NOT deplorable; who are NOT racists and sexists and homophobes who are backing Trump out of a misguided belief that they had been let down and ignored and are desperate for change, etc.

It is literally her saying the exact opposite of what people like you have misconstrued again and again and again and again. Clearly deliberately as you can plainly see the rest of her speech unmistakably contextualizes her comment.

And just the very fact that she gave that speech at a fundraiser held by the LGBT community and was speaking direclty to people who had been victims of precisely these deplorable people for MONTHS during the campaign should have clued any partially functioning brain dead moron into the proper context of her comments, if not the actual proper context so clearly laid out by her immediately following the cherry-picked phrase.

Exactly, she was only talking about the half of the Trump supporters that she considers deplorable...., thats 25% of the American voting public she considers to be scum.

I suppose then that would leave her considering the other 25% of the voting public that supported Trump to be just normal yahoos and the 50% that support her to be angelic genesis.

Even Don Lemon recognized her statement as damn stupid.

And just the very fact that she gave that speech at a fundraiser held by the LGBT community and was speaking direclty to people who had been victims of precisely these deplorable people for MONTHS during the campaign should have clued any partially functioning brain dead moron into the proper context of her comments, if not the actual proper context so clearly laid out by her immediately following the cherry-picked phrase.

Exactly, she was only talking about the half of the Trump supporters that she considers deplorable

Again and always wrong.

thats 25% of the American voting public she considers to be scum.

Again and always wrong. She literally stated the number at 11 million. And then qualified even that at SOME of them are irredeemable. It's literally right there in front of your face:

He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 people — now have 11 million. He tweets and retweets their offensive hateful mean-spirited rhetoric. Now, some of those folks — they are irredeemable, but thankfully they are not America.

Regardless, you are simply underscoring yet again the deliberate misconstruing of her comments. You are proving my point perfectly, so, thanks?

ETA: Plus and again, she clearly classifies the deplorables as: "The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic". So if you are NOT racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, or Islamophobic then she was not fucking talking about you. As, again, she made perfectly and unmistakably clear. Unles you are one of those, you are in the OTHER basket she talked about that you are continuing to ignore for selective purposes.

Exactly, she was only talking about the half of the Trump supporters that she considers deplorable...., thats 25% of the American voting public she considers to be scum.

I suppose then that would leave her considering the other 25% of the voting public that supported Trump to be just normal yahoos and the 50% that support her to be angelic genesis.

Even Don Lemon recognized her statement as damn stupid.

You're now making the same mistake Metaphor made. Only 30% identify as Republican so that would be 15%. The Charlotteville demonstrators, the militia types protesting lock downs, Ted Nugent and his ilk who say all democrats should be shot, Steven Miller, Breitbart, George Buck-FL republican candidate who says all democrats should be hanged. On and on it goes. There are a lot of deplorables in the Republican party.

ETA: Plus and again, she clearly classifies the deplorables as: "The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic".
She has used those labels so extensively and repeatedly that when she uses them to describe someone, they are pretty much meaningless, merely meaning that they disagree with her on some issue. You may notice that she reels through those slurs automatically.

ETA: Plus and again, she clearly classifies the deplorables as: "The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic".
She has used those labels so extensively and repeatedly that when she uses them to describe someone, they are pretty much meaningless

To you, perhaps. To the LGBT community two months before the general election, clearly not as they applauded wildly throughout her speech.

What has that got to do with anything we were talking about in regard to people deliberately misconstruing what she said?

Back
Top Bottom