• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Joe Biden: if you don't vote for me, "you ain't black"

Ummm...did Trump ever walk back any of his hateful comments? His 'Mexican judge' rant, in which he said 'no Mexican judge' can fairly sit on a case involving Trump (the judge in question was an American) was never rescinded -- Trump actually doubled down on it. It's one thing to let fly with a flippant comment like ol' Joe did -- it's another to cling to it, because you know it's suited for the mentality of your base.

The incident reminds me of an incident--and unfortunately I can't remember the politician that was being talked about--that went along the lines of 'X might have sex with men, but he is gay in name only' (the person they were talking about was a conservative politician). As if certain demographic groups owed their allegiance to one party over another, and that if individuals in that group broke rank, their identity can be erased.

This is what Kanye West says about the Democrats. Biden just said the quiet part out loud.

I’m curious how many of the responders in this thread actually saw the entire interview which provides context?

I did. I also saw five different black folks as well as Tha God on MSNBC yesterday. While they didn't think it was the most appropriate remark, they weren't bent out fo shape over it. And, Jonathan Capehart, a black WaPo editorialist said it was just a joke that was taken out of context. Tha God didn't seem very concerned. He said that he wanted to ask Biden some serious questions about the things he would try to accomplish for the black community.

Meanwhile, Trump has been retweeting some extremely nasty, racist, sexist things, but y'all are up in arms over Biden joking with a black celebrity.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/24/us/politics/trump-tweets-racist.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Mr. Trump reposted eight tweets from John K. Stahl, a conservative former political candidate, including attacks on Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Stacey Abrams, the black former minority leader of the Georgia House of Representatives who is considered a potential Democratic vice-presidential pick.
Mr. Stahl, who ran unsuccessfully for Congress in California’s 52nd District in 2012, has a history of derogatory posts, especially against black women. He has referred online to Senator Kamala Harris of California — who is of Indian and Jamaican descent and is another potential running mate for Joseph R. Biden Jr., the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee — as “Willie’s Ho,” an apparent reference to Willie Brown, the powerful California State Assembly speaker who was her mentor and onetime boyfriend.
Mr. Stahl has called Ms. Abrams “Shamu” and posted racist remarks about Joy Reid, the African-American MSNBC host. “When you’re born butt ugly, changing your hairstyle every day is only going to make you look phonier than you nonsense, pathetic show,” he wrote of Ms. Reid, calling her a “skank.”

In our overly politically correct world, I guess that even a joke is too much for some people to take, but Trump who is both racist and sexist keeps on going without much criticism from his base. Double standard much?

Ya know what? Maybe Joe should have been more careful with his words, but he's right. A black person who votes for Trump is a fool. On second thought, anyone who votes for Trump is a fool.

In our overly politically correct world, I guess that even a joke is too much for some people to take, but Trump who is both racist and sexist keeps on going without much criticism from his base. Double standard much?

What gets me is Biden immediately apologized for sounding like he could tell black people how they should think, so The Trump Campaign is spending money, hounding him for the remark, and telling everyone how they should think about the remark.

What gets me is Biden immediately apologized for sounding like he could tell black people how they should think, so The Trump Campaign is spending money, hounding him for the remark, and telling everyone how they should think about the remark.

Well when you drain the swamp and fill it with sewage, whatcha gonna do but throw shit....

BIDEN IS EXACTLY LIKE TRUMP. :mad:

I know that your joking, but I do think that this is the goal of the right, equalize Biden and Trump in character issues and Trump will win. I listened to the whole interview. And it did appear to me that Biden was kidding. While most of Trump's insults against others seems to be serious.

Well when you drain the swamp and fill it with sewage, whatcha gonna do but throw shit....

Exactly.

I know that your joking, but I do think that this is the goal of the right, equalize Biden and Trump in character issues and Trump will win. I listened to the whole interview. And it did appear to me that Biden was kidding. While most of Trump's insults against others seems to be serious.

Exactly this. This is something I was trying to get at in a different post but you do it so much better than I did.

That is a long row to hoe.

Democrats 1860: We own the Black people.

Democrats 2020: We own the Black people.

What tribalists don't seem to be capable of understanding, even when it's explained, is that not everyone looks to a political party (or religious ideology) to tell them what to think or believe. For some of us, it's the opposite. Like a lot of other people here, I decide my own values and principles and then I vote for the candidates who most closely reflect my values and principles.

Every political party, ideology, religion, and human head is constantly changing and morphing. The Dem party in the US was the racist party at one point. Just ask Condoleezza Rice. Her father was denied membership in the Dem party because he was black.

If you're aware of anything beyond the end of your own nose, you will see clearly that the Dem party is no longer a party of racism but of equality and humanism. The Republican party has demonstrated for decades that it is NOT a party of equality or humanism despite technically allowing black people to join.

Regardless of what any Republican has done in the past or what the party's platform looked like 60 years ago, today's Republican party is a corrupt, stupid, bigoted tumor made of all that is base and stunted in human thought and behavior. Regardless of whatever racist shit the Democrat party did 60 years ago, today it is the party that gives a shit about human beings over profits and is not riddled with toxic religious zealotry. I don't need for any candidate to be a perfect angel. I just need them to take actions in their roles according to the principles they claim. This is not rocket science.

I agree. That's why I said it sarcastically, in Underseer fashion. Biden says something stupid, Trump says something stupid 24/7 for three years, therefore Biden is just as bad. You can't expect intelligent logic from trumpity dipshits.

If you're aware of anything beyond the end of your own nose, you will see clearly that the Dem party is no longer a party of racism but of equality and humanism.

Sure it is. It's also the party that has consistently tried to revoke my race.

Jason: I believe that you are Chinese? How are the democratic party trying to revoke your race?

Back
Top Bottom