• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Jussie Smollet - Horrible Hate Crime or Horrible Case of TDS?

t sounds a bit hokey, "unknown chemical substance" ? Diet Dr Pepper ?
Or maybe even worse, pure dihydrogen monoxide (DHMO). Otherwise known as hydrogen hydroxide, oxidane and hydroxylic acid.

Oxidane is a new one to me.

It's the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) name for the chemical compound; And has been mentioned a few times on these boards (the earliest mention I found on a quick search is from 2015, by me).

It sounded fishy to me at first too. I still don't know what to think.

If my hero Morton Downey Jr could commit a hate crime hoax, then anyone can.

There was a kidnapping case in Vallejo a few years ago that pretty much everyone (including myself) thought was a hoax perpetrated by the victim and her boyfriend. The police publicly announced it was a hoax and condemned the couple as a drain on their time and resources. It wasn't until months later that the kidnapper was caught in another crime, and evidence recovered showed the Vallejo kidnapping to be true. The couple sued and won. So, yeah, if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, its probably (but not always) a duck.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-settlement-vallejo-20180316-story.html

It sounded fishy to me at first too. I still don't know what to think.

What seems the more fishy? That a well-known, black/openly gay actor (who constantly attacks Trump through Twitter) who lived in the area and had just a week prior been sent an anthrax-scare package complete with racist/homophobic threats, thereby indicating that whoever sent it was serious enough to commit a federal crime and knew his whereabouts and might therefore have been stalking him for a while and knew his routine pretty well and could therefore easily have been expecting him to go out for a late night meal or the like (and also did a simple recon around the area a few days before to see where the security cameras might have blind spots to exploit, etc)...

Or, a popular, working actor--openly gay, so not needing to hide anything about his sexuality--just decided for no apparent reason to scuff himself up at 2:00 in the morning after grabbing a Subway sandwich and buy a rope (at one of those twenty four hour hardware stores that don't exist in Chicago) to make into a noose so he could file a false claim (committing his own felony in the process if it is in fact a false claim, facing severe penalties and even jail time) and pretending it was a hate crime, no less, thereby involving the FBI (and doubling down on the false claim felony) as a publicity stunt for what exactly?

He doesn't have a movie coming out that I can find any information on. He's already on a popular TV show. Iow, he doesn't need to generate his own publicity for anything, let alone do it in such a way as to commit a felony--involving the FBI,no less--if not true.

Unless he's off his meds or something, in which case one still has to wonder where the rope came from. Because either that was what the fuckhead Trump stalkers had with them in their stakeout car (along with the bleach, or whatever the liquid was), or this guy took time out of his busy schedule to shop for a planned psychotic break.

ETA: Btw, it actually makes sense that he was not too badly beaten, if in fact, as I surmise, they had been staking out and did a quick recon of the area around his apartment for any security cameras, looking for dead spots and found one or two. Iow, they may not have had enough space to freely beat the shit out of him.

Last edited:
The thing most fishy to me is the maga reference. It reminds me of the conservative woman who lied that someone carved an O in her forehead for Obama. Maga is more an ignorant indirectly racist thing than an overt racist thing. It's not like burning crosses. Generally. It's more like Gone with the Wind.

I could be wrong. Also it could be his victimizers were any race but hated the guy for being gay and so portrayed themselves as maga. But who knows. People are very stupid.

It was a B for Barrack, which made it an obvious hoax. If just an O, she had a little better chance to get away with it.

article-1080189-023CEB1F000005DC-718_468x311.jpgView attachment 20006

The thing most fishy to me is the maga reference. It reminds me of the conservative woman who lied that someone carved an O in her forehead for Obama. Maga is more an ignorant indirectly racist thing than an overt racist thing.
How is MAGA "racist" at all, except for TDS?

The thing most fishy to me is the maga reference. It reminds me of the conservative woman who lied that someone carved an O in her forehead for Obama. Maga is more an ignorant indirectly racist thing than an overt racist thing.
Because a MAGA hat is dittohead speak for I agree with Trump and his racists policies.

He doesn't have a movie coming out that I can find any information on. He's already on a popular TV show.
But isn't he a rather minor character? I mean he isn't either Terrence Howard nor that woman whose name escapes me.

I certainly never heard about a Jussie Smollett before this, so if it was a publicity stunt: mission accomplished!

- - - Updated - - -

Because a MAGA hat is dittohead speak for I agree with Trump and his racists policies.
Which "racist policies" in particular? And no, protecting one's borders and deporting felonious illegals, like that Savage rapper. is not "racist".

The same way that most conservatism is generally racist. The "again" part is a desire to return to the past when America was "great" for whites but significantly worse for non-whites and women. Only racists and misogynists would think that America's past was "great" and to be desired.

He doesn't have a movie coming out that I can find any information on. He's already on a popular TV show.
But isn't he a rather minor character?

No.

I certainly never heard about a Jussie Smollett before this, so if it was a publicity stunt: mission accomplished!

A publicity stunt is typically intended to put focus on a project, not on a person. And, generally, publicity agents who wish to ever feed their children don't come up with stunts that are easily investigated felonies that involve the FBI.

But isn't he a rather minor character? I mean he isn't either Terrence Howard nor that woman whose name escapes me.

- - - Updated - - -

Which "racist policies" in particular? And no, protecting one's borders and deporting felonious illegals, like that Savage rapper. is not "racist".

That's nice, but it's not what happened. Trumped ripped children away from their parents because they "weren't white."

The thing most fishy to me is the maga reference. It reminds me of the conservative woman who lied that someone carved an O in her forehead for Obama. Maga is more an ignorant indirectly racist thing than an overt racist thing. It's not like burning crosses. Generally. It's more like Gone with the Wind.

I could be wrong. Also it could be his victimizers were any race but hated the guy for being gay and so portrayed themselves as maga. But who knows. People are very stupid.

That reminds me of a case (might have been fictional - don't remember the context) where some girl claimed she was abducted and abused for being jewish, and they carved a "J" into her forehead... the "J" was backwards.. like as if it was done by herself in a mirror.. it turned out to be a hoax - she did do it to herself, but failed to draw it like someone would if facing her... i guess an "O" would work in any orientation, hehe.

that said, I see no reason why so many people here would automatically assume this attack was a hoax. like the first 2 pages of this thread shows.

That's nice, but it's not what happened. Trumped ripped children away from their parents because they "weren't white."
Wrong. Trump separated these families not because of their race, but because they entered the US illegally. And also because a court forbade him to detain these families together.
You are lying for your "open borders" cause.

That reminds me of a case (might have been fictional - don't remember the context) where some girl claimed she was abducted and abused for being jewish, and they carved a "J" into her forehead... the "J" was backwards..
There is also false rape accuser Tawana Brawley, who wrote "KKK", "nigger" etc. upside down on her chest and stomach with charcoal.

Back
Top Bottom