• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Jussie Smollet - Horrible Hate Crime or Horrible Case of TDS?

Oh, don’t worry, they most assuredly exist, just not in this particular scenario. Iow, as others pointed out itt, Smollett did not make up the fact that there are indeed fuckhead Trump supporters capable of doing far worse than what he evidently pretended was the case here.

But it was you that made up the "fuckhead Trump stalkers" in their stakeout car etc.

Are you seriously so stupid that you can’t comprehend the fact that Smollett evidently thought he could get away with his stunt because there are, in fact, fuckhead Trump supporters that actually exist that are capable of—and have committed far worse—crimes than the scenario he came up with?

Yeah, it wasn't exactly skepticism about MAGAts ever doing such things that made this whole incident seem a bit off.

For me, it was the first interview I saw with Smollett. He didn't seem truthful. I thought it was possible that he was just nervous or self conscious talking about it, but, nope, he was just lying. The initial story of Trump fellationados beating up a black guy certainly doesn't raise any red flag of mystery.

Are you seriously so stupid that you can’t comprehend the fact that Smollett evidently thought he could get away with his stunt because there are, in fact, fuckhead Trump supporters that actually exist that are capable of—and have committed far worse—crimes than the scenario he came up with?

I'm surprised someone as smart as you was taken in by it. It all seemed to make sense to you.

Well, there you go. I’m evidently too smart for my own good and you’re apparently too fucking stupid to comprehend even the most simple matters, like qualifying one’s comments or the fact that our society is so fucked up right now—precisely because of the numerous and far more devastating actions of actual fuckhead Trump supporters—that far more intelligent people than yourself could argue why an alleged hate crime/attack would be the more plausible scenario given the information we had at the time.

Or, still, for that matter, as, again (and you need to read this with your “thinky” cap on), unless Smollett were off his meds or something, the idea of a working actor on a popular TV program staging an easily disproved felony hate-crime for no good reason is the more implausible scenario regardless of the fact that it evidently seems to be true.

Clear now?

Fuckhead Trump supporters assaulting a black, gay, publicly anti-Trump actor? Very plausible. I’d argue 100% plausible in fact and that remains true regardless of what actually may have occurred.

Same actor hiring two Nigerians to publicly attack him to make it look like a Trump-inspired racist hate-crime for no good reason? VERY implausible. Unless said actor were off his meds or something, I’d argue 98% implausible (with the 2% being the mental impairment qualification).

There are so many direct acts of violence by blacks on white in the US it is disgusting. But that is because they have much more often have shit lives for reasons that are because of whites and themselves.

So, despite there being causes for this higher risk of whites being around blacks than vice versa, not many whites wants to take the hit personally of being around them more than they need too. Especially poor blacks.

Yeah, it wasn't exactly skepticism about MAGAts ever doing such things that made this whole incident seem a bit off.

How many of these things have been hate hoaxes against Trump supporters?

Ah, memories.

Surrounded By Fans And Family, Jussie Smollett Showed Strength In His Return

Smollett took to the stage alone, wearing pins on his pants that included a rainbow ribbon to support the LGBTQ community, a red stop sign that read "Stop Killing Us," and a raised fist — a symbol synonymous with Black Power.

"I'm OK," he said with tears in his eyes to a roomful of fans who applauded his words while offering support of their own. "I'm not fully healed yet but I'm going to. I'm gonna stand strong with y’all. I had to be here tonight. It sounds powerful, but I couldn't let those motherfuckers win. I will always stand for love and I hope that you all stand with me."

DzqNY7OWsAAT5TB.jpg

Well, there you go. I’m evidently too smart for my own good {snip}

Maybe you just have a bad memory and can't remember what you actually said.

That’s the beauty of boards like this. We don’t need to rely on memory. You can just navigate back to my very first post to see exactly what I actually said, or to any of the now several subsequent posts where I repeat verbatim what I actually said.

Here, for example, is what you actually said in your first post:

He most likely was on the receiving end of an attack but I think he's added a bit of drama to the incident.

And what I actually said in my first post, once again, was “Unless he’s off his meds or something...”.

Let me dumb that down for you again as well. Unless he is mentally unbalanced or the like, the more plausible explanation between story one (successful black, gay, anti-Trump actor being targeted for a hate-crime) and story two (successful actor committing several elaborate and easily proved felonies for no good reason) is story one.

Last edited:
Is it too early to say "Thank you Jussie Smollet for four more years of Trump"?

Well that's just convenient isn't it? How he made this terribly veiled hoax right up to paying his hired help with a check. It is almost like he wanted to get caught. Back when that white nationalist murdered a counter protester with his car in Charlottesville there were a lot of right wing people saying that he was a SOROS! paid plant. Maybe the right wing propaganda machine paid him to take a fall. All's fair in conspiracy theory land. If Alex Jones et al. can get away with their endless bullshit stream of "false flag" accusations and still be embraced and defended as "conservative media" when Trump is bitching about "censorship of conservative media" by Youtube/Google/Twitter etc... then I say we should apply the same standard to the right. Clearly this fucking moron drama queen grifter is not really a drama queen grifter trying to use a hoax for publicity but is instead a secret paid operative for Steve Bannon and Roger Stone.

I'm surprised someone as smart as you was taken in by it. It all seemed to make sense to you.

Well, there you go. I’m evidently too smart for my own good and you’re apparently too fucking stupid to comprehend even the most simple matters, like qualifying one’s comments or the fact that our society is so fucked up right now—precisely because of the numerous and far more devastating actions of actual fuckhead Trump supporters—that far more intelligent people than yourself could argue why an alleged hate crime/attack would be the more plausible scenario given the information we had at the time.

Or, still, for that matter, as, again (and you need to read this with your “thinky” cap on), unless Smollett were off his meds or something, the idea of a working actor on a popular TV program staging an easily disproved felony hate-crime for no good reason is the more implausible scenario regardless of the fact that it evidently seems to be true.

Clear now?

Fuckhead Trump supporters assaulting a black, gay, publicly anti-Trump actor? Very plausible. I’d argue 100% plausible in fact and that remains true regardless of what actually may have occurred.
My problem with the MAGA stuff was that they allegedly had a noose and poured something on him. This implied to me a specifically premeditated targeted crime, not some random let's find a guy at 2 AM and attack him thing. The MAGA part seemed to conflict with that.

Same actor hiring two Nigerians to publicly attack him to make it look like a Trump-inspired racist hate-crime for no good reason? VERY implausible. Unless said actor were off his meds or something, I’d argue 98% implausible (with the 2% being the mental impairment qualification).
This certainly doesn't abide by Occam's Razor. But as we learned, thanks to a decent police investigation, turns out to be the truth. And 'the actor's "state of mind" and suffering from "depression" will explain why he was so desperate and acted unlike himself.' I'm certain he'll 'feel very sorry and apologize to all of those he had let down.' after the plea deal is announced.

This certainly doesn't abide by Occam's Razor. But as we learned, thanks to a decent police investigation, turns out to be the truth. And 'the actor's "state of mind" and suffering from "depression" will explain why he was so desperate and acted unlike himself.' I'm certain he'll 'feel very sorry and apologize to all of those he had let down.' after the plea deal is announced.

Well, if my totally awesome plan to supercharge my career by getting myself to be one of the leading national spokesmen against hatred and intolerance in a time when those are some of the central issues in our national debate ended up instead turning me into a laughing stock over an matter that nobody is going to forget or stop talking about anytime soon, I'd be pretty fucking depressed too.

He clearly put a lot of time and effort into it and and I expect he was really impressed with himself about how clever it all was. When his plans are thwarted and everybody not only finds out about it but then goes on to take the time to detail how fundamentally stupid each of the steps he'd thought were actually brilliant were, it's a crushing blow to the ego. Right now, he's sitting there realizing things like "OK, yes. I paid my criminal accomplices with a check. In retrospect I can see the error". It's a triggering event for any number of potential psychological issues.

The worst part of all of this is Trump is now mocking the guy for misleading the nation. I mean seriously?!

My problem with the MAGA stuff was that they allegedly had a noose and poured something on him. This implied to me a specifically premeditated targeted crime, not some random let's find a guy at 2 AM and attack him thing. The MAGA part seemed to conflict with that.

You're evidently (and perhaps ironically) forgetting the part about the fake anthrax scare letter that he evidently sent to himself about a week prior with a return "address" that just said "MAGA." From what I've read subsequently, that was supposed to be the full extent of his "plan" but it apparently did not shine a bright enough spotlight on him, so he allegedly plotted out this additional mess.

I doubt he'll get any kind of plea deal (unless he literally was off antipsychotic medication of some kind), but it obviously won't matter if he did. If these allegations are all true--and that he did all of this insanity as a salary negotiation tactic--then his career is permanently over.

We can all talk about the culture that incubated this until we're blue in the red states, but the fact is he set everything back with this idiotic stunt. As is evident in this thread alone, Trumpstains can't stop cumming when they get their hands on a whataboutism/false equivalence.

As is evident in this thread alone, Trumpstains can't stop cumming when they get their hands on a whataboutism/false equivalence.

Ya, but the Trumpstains aren't actually the problem in this thread. Smollet is. He actually did all of this stuff and the fact that the Trumpstains now have an actual case to point to when they publicly masturbate is entirely on him. It's the same as when people who hate Trump gleefully bring up yet another investigation into one of his corrupt dealings. The fact that they have something legitimate to point to is Trump's fault and not some kind of indication of TDS on his opponents' part, no matter how happy they may be over this new evidence about how right they've been all along.

Smollet is the one who handed them their first link in every other discussion about hate crimes which will come up. Smollet is the one who undermined legitimate discussions about the matter. The fact that the Trumpstains have something to legitimately be gleeful about is Smollet's fault and the focus should be on him. Trying to take away from that by focusing on the people who are happy about it is as illegitimate as trying to undermine discussions about all the investigations into Trump by demonizing Trump's enemies.

Oh, they already have a list of "21 Hate Crime Hoaxes Promoted by the Leftist Media" making the rounds. Funny how quick those lists appear. It is almost like there is a really powerful propaganda machine digging up and circulating red meat. If the media was really a leftist propaganda machine you'd think they'd be so clever and calculated instead of constantly tripping over themselves while chasing their tails trying to be first to the next sensation. But no, the "leftist media" keeps getting duped and is playing the foil to a very well run machine.

That’s the beauty of boards like this. We don’t need to rely on memory. You can just navigate back to my very first post to see exactly what I actually said, or to any of the now several subsequent posts where I repeat verbatim what I actually said.

Of course, which is why it is clear that not only were you taken in by Smollett, you go so far as to introduce "fuckhead Trump stalkers" into the mix and go so far as to figure out why the "fuckhead Trump stalkers" did not beat up Smollett badly because they had already done recon on the area for dead spots in camera surveillance and they "wouldn't have space to freely beat the shit out of Smollett" . Makes perfect sense to someone suffering from TDS I suppose.

And now it appears you are disappointed, angry even, that this whole thing is a hoax.

Is anyone here interested in actually finding out what is being counted as hate crimes, what the standards are?

Oh and the left wing media is not being duped, they have a lust for hate crime stories and are whores about taking them.

Back
Top Bottom