• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Kamala the hypocrite

No that isn't a better analogy because while it is overreaching it is far too broad.
Banning consensual adult sex work is also overreaching and far too broad. So the analogy fits perfectly.

No, it doesn't. It's like saying capitally punishing every John fits perfectly because it is far too broad and overreaching. You are choosing an analogy that is far too overreaching because you are biased since you are a John. Just because you want something to be legal doesn't mean you ought to compare it to things that are far worse.

And yet you do not demand that participants in any other industry be criminalized even if they themselves do not engage in forced labor.

I think she was very wrong, and her reasoning "it's an online brothel" was also wrong. However, she seems to be evolving a little on the issue, to her credit.

I guess that you, like Derec, are uninterested in actually reading links I posted about girls who were trafficked.
I do not deny there is trafficking. But it is also exaggerated by those who want to ban sex work for other reasons.
That said, I have no problem that people who force people into prostitution (or any other work) should be prosecuted. But that is very different than what you demand.
Why do you (and Derec) think that the sex industry is a special case/exception?
We do not. It should be treated as any other industry. Regulate sensibly. Prosecute real wrongdoers diligently. But leave regular folks alone.

Look bud, you are the one who started this thread about how hypocritical it was of Kamala Harris to go after Back Page for advertising trafficked and underage prostitutes. YOU are the one who failed to talk about the plight of those who are trafficked and forced to work in textile and clothing industries--or agriculture and food industries. Why don't you talk about those? Nope. You are only interested in having too young girls available for sex for guys who can't get it up for anyone over 17 and don't care who is doing it willingly. You sure as fuck don't care about those who are forced into an industry when they are too young--or any age at all-- and who are left with years of damage that makes it difficult for them to see any other way that they are valued or can support themselves.

You set the parameters. This is YOUR thread.

Why is it that we have long rambling threads about Cortez and Harris, but nothing on sausage freshmen or candidates?

And yet you do not demand that participants in any other industry be criminalized even if they themselves do not engage in forced labor.

I think she was very wrong, and her reasoning "it's an online brothel" was also wrong. However, she seems to be evolving a little on the issue, to her credit.

I do not deny there is trafficking. But it is also exaggerated by those who want to ban sex work for other reasons.
That said, I have no problem that people who force people into prostitution (or any other work) should be prosecuted. But that is very different than what you demand.

We do not. It should be treated as any other industry. Regulate sensibly. Prosecute real wrongdoers diligently. But leave regular folks alone.

Look bud, you are the one who started this thread about how hypocritical it was of Kamala Harris to go after Back Page for advertising trafficked and underage prostitutes. YOU are the one who failed to talk about the plight of those who are trafficked and forced to work in textile and clothing industries--or agriculture and food industries. Why don't you talk about those? Nope. You are only interested in having too young girls available for sex for guys who can't get it up for anyone over 17 and don't care who is doing it willingly. You sure as fuck don't care about those who are forced into an industry when they are too young--or any age at all-- and who are left with years of damage that makes it difficult for them to see any other way that they are valued or can support themselves.

You set the parameters. This is YOUR thread.

:D:D:D

Someone just got handed his dick to him.

This is what she tweeted yesterday.

"Politicians 👏 should 👏 not 👏 tell 👏 women 👏 what 👏 to 👏 do 👏 with 👏 their 👏 bodies. #SOTU"

Of course, as a politician, Kamala Harris keeps telling women they can't chose to engage in sex work. Whether Kamala Harris understand this or not, there are more things one may choose than just abortion.

Kamala Harris is famous for wanting to decriminalise sex work. So I think you're barking up the wrong tree here. I've found nothing that suggests she doesn't fully stand behind the statement in her tweet

"Politicians ?????? should ?????? not ?????? tell ?????? women ?????? what ?????? to ?????? do ?????? with ?????? their ?????? bodies. #SOTU"

Of course, as a politician, Kamala Harris keeps telling women they can't chose to engage in sex work. Whether Kamala Harris understand this or not, there are more things one may choose than just abortion.

Kamala Harris is famous for wanting to decriminalise sex work. So I think you're barking up the wrong tree here. I've found nothing that suggests she doesn't fully stand behind the statement in her tweet

If she's so famous, where are the links (sorry in advance if they've already been posted as I haven't read the entire thread.)

"Politicians ������ should ������ not ������ tell ������ women ������ what ������ to ������ do ������ with ������ their ������ bodies. #SOTU"

If she's so famous, where are the links (sorry in advance if they've already been posted as I haven't read the entire thread.)

You can just google her. That's what I did. I did not even know her name before finding this thread.

Why is it that we have long rambling threads about Cortez and Harris, but nothing on sausage freshmen or candidates?

Uh, because sausage freshmen and the other candidates don't pose the existential threat to Republican power posed by Harris, or the opportunity to mock and demean offered by AOC.

But you knew that...

What underage girls do you think Backpage was advertising?

Very few compared to total ad volume.
Oh well, then it was not a real problem. In fact, that was Backpage's apparent attitude, since it did not nothing about it even after it had been warned.

So, according to you, breaking the law is ok when it comes to prostitution, promoting prostitution and sex with underage girls but it is not ok when entering the USA against the rules. Or even under the law (i.e. asylum seekers) whom you routinely call illegals, while omitting to refer the prostitutes and their clients as "illegals" or criminals.

You can just google her. That's what I did. I did not even know her name before finding this thread.

So no links, I didn't think so.

To be fair, you can really just google it. I came up with lots of references. Here is one:

Kamala Harris thinks sex work should be ‘decriminalized’

Sen. Kamala Harris says she supports making sex work legal across the country — echoing recent calls for legalization from New York state lawmakers.

The 2020 presidential hopeful was asked by The Root in an interview published Tuesday whether she thinks “sex work ought to be decriminalized.” To which she responded: “I think so, I do.”

“There is an ecosystem around that that includes crimes that harm people, and for those issues I do not believe that anybody who hurts another human being or profits off their exploitation should be free of criminal prosecution,” she was quoted as saying.

“But when you’re talking about consenting adults, yes [it should be legal]. We shouldn’t consider that you can criminalize consensual behavior, as long as no one is being harmed.”

Apparently enough that it was willing to be shut down rather than simply not help pimps advertise underage girls.

I always wonder if the men who are so certain that prostitution and particularly underage prostitution is so harmless really feel that way when they are confronted with the fact that boys--underage boys--are also prostituted. Or about the circumstances that put underage boys in this situation.

I think that mostly it's just easier to keep your head in the sand and think about all the pretty girls you can buy.

[
Someone just got handed his dick to him.

Is that what its called when somebody launches into baseless personal attacks, adhoms, and addresses absolutely none of the points they quote and purport to respond to? Because that's what she did there. She didn't address a single thing he actually wrote. Yay team?

Copernicus said:
To be fair, you can really just google it. I came up with lots of references. Here is one

She appears to be a politician who blows with the wind (as many do). Last time I read of her she was saying she supports the nordic model of legal to sell and illegal to buy. Canada latched onto that same model. Its a weird concept and I don't think it solves anything.

Apparently enough that it was willing to be shut down rather than simply not help pimps advertise underage girls.

I always wonder if the men who are so certain that prostitution and particularly underage prostitution is so harmless really feel that way when they are confronted with the fact that boys--underage boys--are also prostituted. Or about the circumstances that put underage boys in this situation.

I think that mostly it's just easier to keep your head in the sand and think about all the pretty girls you can buy.
Naw... they just rather not care at all. Sure, human trafficking is wrong... but you know... I don't personally partake in it.

Copernicus said:
To be fair, you can really just google it. I came up with lots of references. Here is one

She appears to be a politician who blows with the wind (as many do). Last time I read of her she was saying she supports the nordic model of legal to sell and illegal to buy. Canada latched onto that same model. Its a weird concept and I don't think it solves anything.

The point is that her prosecutions are consistent with what she said. Now, if you want to tell us what she really thinks and how it differs from her behavior, I suppose that we can evaluate your claim on the basis of how well you know her personally. The rest of us have only the public record to go on. It is true that she is a politician and will do what politicians do in order to get elected. It's possible that there is some politician somewhere who has never pandered to an audience or held inconsistent positions on an issue. In this case, she seems to have a fairly consistent position on the subject, despite to efforts of political opponents to play the hypocrisy card.

As for the "Nordic model", there is nothing weird about it. Addiction is a medical condition that should not be prosecuted as a crime. Criminal prosecution is not the best way to deter or cure an addiction. What ought to be prosecuted is behavior that leads to harm or exploitation of others. People who are not medical professionals and who sell drugs to addicts are probably doing them harm. To the extent that they entice other people into becoming addicts, they are doing harm to others. So arrest the seller or promoter, not the addict.

As for the "Nordic model", there is nothing weird about it. Addiction is a medical condition that should not be prosecuted as a crime. Criminal prosecution is not the best way to deter or cure an addiction. What ought to be prosecuted is behavior that leads to harm or exploitation of others. People who are not medical professionals and who sell drugs to addicts are probably doing them harm. To the extent that they entice other people into becoming addicts, they are doing harm to others. So arrest the seller or promoter, not the addict.

Addiction? I was talking about the nordic model of prostitution laws. The legal to sell but illegal to buy framework.

Is that what its called when somebody launches into baseless personal attacks, adhoms, and addresses absolutely none of the points they quote and purport to respond to? Because that's what she did there. She didn't address a single thing he actually wrote.
Fascinating, we must have read a completely different post, because I find your characterization delusional. Which makes your response truly ironic.

Is that what its called when somebody launches into baseless personal attacks, adhoms, and addresses absolutely none of the points they quote and purport to respond to? Because that's what she did there. She didn't address a single thing he actually wrote.
Fascinating, we must have read a completely different post, because I find your characterization delusional. Which makes your response truly ironic.

I find your entire post history delusional and hostile just for the sake of being hostile. Perhaps you are a figment of my imagination. Can anybody else see the dog?

Back
Top Bottom