• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Kim Davis - Kentucky's theocratic ruler

In Atlanta, it's illegal to tie a giraffe to a telephone pole.

I lived in that city for seven years and every day it pissed me off that I didn't have a giraffe so that I could tie it to a telephone pole as an act of civil disobedience. :mad:
You should write to Miley Cyrus. If she ever drops the slut-chic act, maybe she can travel the country for press through civil disobedience....?

Now is the time when I wish Michael Jackson were still with us so he could make a tour date for Atlanta.

You should write to Miley Cyrus. If she ever drops the slut-chic act, maybe she can travel the country for press through civil disobedience....?

Now is the time when I wish Michael Jackson were still with us so he could make a tour date for Atlanta.
Maybe Elvis could tie a giraffe to a pole, instead? Would that work for you?

I never said or assumed you were. I was making fun of the idiots that are exploiting Mrs. Davis.
and am not basing my arguments or opinions on religion in any way.
Okay.
I believe in the rule of law. You don't?
Why would you assume that I don't?

You think Davis did something wrong, therefore you are against the rule of law.

Someone who believes in the rule of law would support Patriot Davis' decision to violate a court order. Someone who believes in the rule of law would think it was unfair to put people in jail for being in contempt of court.

:D ;) :lol:

Someone who believes in the rule of law would think it was unfair to put people in jail for being in contempt of court.
That's true. Everyone keeps saying her right to due process was violated... Except, she wasn't arrested.
Everyone's whining about judges going all Independent Ops and legislating from the Bench. In this case, he told Mrs. Davis what the law demanded of her, that anarchist. She's busily and bravely telling the government what the law needs to change to in order to meet her single, individual needs with respect to her personal opinion and religious flavors...Just as our forefathers intended.

Someone who believes in the rule of law would think it was unfair to put people in jail for being in contempt of court.
That's true. Everyone keeps saying her right to due process was violated... Except, she wasn't arrested.
Everyone's whining about judges going all Independent Ops and legislating from the Bench. In this case, he told Mrs. Davis what the law demanded of her, that anarchist. She's busily and bravely telling the government what the law needs to change to in order to meet her single, individual needs with respect to her personal opinion and religious flavors...Just as our forefathers intended.

Of course.

We evil liberals think that it is the job of courts to interpret the law instead of random citizens, because we hate the rule of law. If we loved the rule of law the way Patriotic Real AmericansTM do, then we would realize that interpretation of the law is the responsibility of random citizens, but only if they follow the approved ideology and approved religion.

We think this way because we hate freedom. And the rule of law. And kittens.

It is over. Boudica-Davis has been broken on the wheel of the state. Her rabble has been crushed under the standards of the eagle. All is well under the heel of the Judicial Tribunes. Let us move on to other enemies of Rome - the bakers and candlestick makers. ;)

It's not over.
She still has litigation pending against the state.
She still has misconduct pending against her.
Other clerks think they have the right to decide the state's or county's position on samesex marriages and haven't been carted off to the guillotine, yet.

First thing we do, let's kill all the county clerks.

In Atlanta, it's illegal to tie a giraffe to a telephone pole.

I lived in that city for seven years and every day it pissed me off that I didn't have a giraffe so that I could tie it to a telephone pole as an act of civil disobedience. :mad:

Note that many of these laws that show up in listing of crazy laws don't actually say what they are reported as saying.

For example, the oft-reported law about looking at a moose from an airplane in Alaska--what the law actually says is that you can't use an aircraft to spot game. The actual law is reasonable.

So can Mrs. Davis' lawyers. Six if you count Leviticus.

I'm not religious and am not basing my arguments or opinions on religion in any way. I believe in the rule of law. You don't?

What do you mean by "believe in"? Are you saying you have faith that the law is representative of what is morally right, just by being a law? Or, are you saying that it does not matter if the law represents what is morally right.. the law is the law and that is it?

Kim Davis May Be Violating Judges Order

When the judge released her, he ordered her not to interfere with any of her deputies who assumed the duty of issuing the licenses.

But in a notice filed in court Friday, the lawyer for one of her deputies said she made substantial modifications to the marriage licenses that could undermine their validity.

"Those changes were made in some attempt to circumvent the court's orders and may have raised to the level of interference against the court's orders," wrote Richard Hughes, who represents Brian Mason, a deputy county clerk who has issued marriage licenses under the judge's order.

The changes Davis made, Hughes said, include deleting her name, all mention of Rowan County, and references to deputy clerks. Only Mason's name is on the form, not his title, with a place for him to initial rather than to use his signature.

So, she's not interfering with her deputies issuing marriage licenses, but she's doing everything she can to make sure the documents are legally invalid.

When the judge released her, he ordered her not to interfere with any of her deputies who assumed the duty of issuing the licenses.

But in a notice filed in court Friday, the lawyer for one of her deputies said she made substantial modifications to the marriage licenses that could undermine their validity.

"Those changes were made in some attempt to circumvent the court's orders and may have raised to the level of interference against the court's orders," wrote Richard Hughes, who represents Brian Mason, a deputy county clerk who has issued marriage licenses under the judge's order.

The changes Davis made, Hughes said, include deleting her name, all mention of Rowan County, and references to deputy clerks. Only Mason's name is on the form, not his title, with a place for him to initial rather than to use his signature.

So, she's not interfering with her deputies issuing marriage licenses, but she's doing everything she can to make sure the documents are legally invalid.

Yup. I smell jail time for her.

She's a pathological control freak. She just cannot abide other people telling her what to do when things don't go her way even if it means prison.

Woman doesn't have two brain cells to rub together to keep warm.

I hope the good people of Rowan county can see what a stupid corrupt fuck they elected to office.

Yup. I smell jail time for her.

She's a pathological control freak. She just cannot abide other people telling her what to do when things don't go her way even if it means prison.

Woman doesn't have two brain cells to rub together to keep warm.

I hope the good people of Rowan county can see what a stupid corrupt fuck they elected to office.

I have to agree. Apparently she thinks that God is not smart enough to know that 'the County Clerk' title on a form does not mean that she personally endorses gay marriage. How disrespectful of her maker is that?

Dumb God.

Back
Top Bottom