• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Lauren Boebert’s American Dream

'I've got my own jam now. I don't need to put up with your shit anymore."

I feel some compassion for anyone in her position, living with an abusive spouse. Seems she finally matured a bit upstairs and is at least sees some things with a more rational lens. Now if she would stop with the pious hypocrisy I might start thinking of her as beginning to enter adulthood.

Lauren Boebert files for divorce from husband Jayson - the Colorado Sun

Her statement:
It is with a heavy weight on my heart that I have filed for divorce from my husband. I am grateful for our years of marriage together and for our beautiful children, all of whom deserve privacy and love as we work through this process. I’ve always been faithful in my marriage, and I believe strongly in marriage, which makes this announcement that much more difficult.

This is truly about irreconcilable differences. I do not intend to discuss this matter any further in public out of respect for our children, and will continue to work hard to represent the people of Colorado’s 3rd Congressional District.

From the CS:
The initial filing includes a request by Boebert that she be granted child support and given parental decision-making power for their children, who were listed as sharing an address with her in Silt. Jason Boebert was served the documents at a different address, not far from where Boebert resides.
and
Boebert detailed her relationship with Jayson, 42, in her book, “My American Life.” She wrote that she was 16 and working at Burger King when she met her future husband and “fell in love … immediately.”

“Four months after we met, Jayson and I went off to get married,” Boebert wrote, explaining that the couple was turned away in Las Vegas because Boebert was too young. “For any ‘Karen’ who may be reading this, Jayson and I broke no Colorado laws with our relationship, despite what you might be thinking.”

Boebert added: “This was no shotgun wedding.”

Boebert’s first son was born in 2005, when she was 18.

“McDonald’s offered me a shift manager position that paid more than $40,000 a year, and I was just a teenager,” Boebert wrote. “The choice between a high school geography class and a high-paying job, one that would put food on the table, was an easy one. I dropped out of high school and took the job.”

Jayson Boebert pleaded guilty to public indecency and lewd exposure after allegedly exposing himself to two girls at a bowling alley in January 2004. In her book, Boebert wrote that Jayson never displayed his genitals, but that he “acted like he was going to unzip his pants.”

Boebert wrote that Jayson “needed the alcohol and anger management classes that came with the plea deal” in the indecent exposure case.

“The left attacks us relentlessly,” she wrote. “They point to Jayson’s arrest and say awful things about him — rather than applaud a man who’s made a few mistakes along the way, learned from them, and then made himself a true success, got married and is raising four incredible young men.”

Lauren Boebert files for divorce from husband Jayson Boebert
Lauren Boebert filed for divorce in late April, Mesa County court records show. The process server who provided Jayson Boebert with the paperwork on April 25 found him at the couple’s home in Silt “drinking a tall glass of beer, and cleaning a gun that was sitting on the table,” court documents show.

“Once he learned that he was being served with Dissolution of Marriage papers he was extremely angry,” the process server wrote. “I tried to hand him the documents but he did not take them. He started yelling and using profanities, and told me that I was trespassing, and that he was calling the Sheriff’s Office.”

The server left the documents on an outside chair while Jayson Boebert closed the door “then let the dogs out.”

LB herself:
Lauren Boebert on Twitter: "I have always …" / Twitter
I have always spoken highly of my marriage. I believe in marriage. I believe in the power our words hold.

Jayson, a man I spent half of my life with, did not sign up to be in the public limelight, and he certainly did not agree to be falsely accused of things he didn't do.

The stories reported about the process server, and even Jayson running over a mailbox are a complete lie.

Jayson doesn’t sit around cleaning guns and he certainly doesn't drink beer out of a glass, just as much as he doesn’t drink Bud Light.

Our own home security footage shows he didn’t “sick dogs” on the process server. The dogs were outside when the server pulled up, they never showed aggression toward him, nor did he appear afraid of them.

Our divorce is a private matter, but the misrepresentations must be addressed. Jayson deserves his privacy, not slanderous stories.

Despite what others may say, I welcome your thoughts, and fervent, heartfelt prayers for our family.

PatriotTakes 🇺🇸 on Twitter: "Lauren Boebert’s statement after serving husband Jayson Boebert divorce papers: (pic link)" / Twitter
"It is with a heavy weight on my heart that I have filed for divorce from my husband, the statement said. "I am grateful for our years of marriage together and for our beautiful children, all of whom deserve privacy and love as we work through this process. I've always been faithful in my marriage, and I believe strongly in marriage, which makes this announcement that much more difficult. This is truly about irreconcilable differences."
Source: apparently Lauren Boebert's Cryptic Divorce Statement

Rylie Roulette on Twitter: "@AnonOpsUnited2 Such wonderful, loving Christians. (pic link)" / Twitter
noting a screenshot of
PatriotTakes 🇺🇸 on Twitter: "Lauren Boebert to women whose marriages are ending: “If you start chasing Jesus with everything that you have, I promise you, your husband will chase you chasing Jesus.” (vid link)" / Twitter

I found that in Lauren Boebert once told women in rocky marriages that they just need to start 'chasing Jesus' to solve their marital issues. Now she's getting divorced.
LB in that video:
Are you struggling in your marriage? Begin to speak life into your marriage. Ladies, you were called to something great in your marriage. The power that you have in Christ, for your marriage, is unmatched.

And if you start chasing Jesus, with everything that you have, I promise you that your husband will chase you, chasing Jesus. To be able to speak life into a marriage that seems like it's ending is so powerful.

The article:
Boebert isn't the only MAGA lawmaker who's recently split from their partner. In December, Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene finalized her divorce from her husband Perry Greene. He had filed for divorce in September, saying his marriage with the congresswoman was "irretrievably broken." Greene is now dating Brian Glenn, who works for the conservative Right Side Broadcasting Network.

And in December 2021, then-congressman Madison Cawthorn announced he and his wife were splitting up after less than a year of marriage. Two days before announcing his divorce, Cawthorn had advocated for marrying young and having "as many kids as possible" at a Turning Point USA conference.

AnonOpsUnited on Twitter: "We knew ..." / Twitter
We knew this was coming
Lauren Boebert the good Christian is an adulteress and having an affair with Sean John Feucht
White Nationalist Christian and member of pastors for Trump
Stay tuned as this keeps getting better
#OpGOP
With two pictures of LB with that young man.

Lauren Boebert's divorce exposes the dark little secret of red state life | Salon.com - "Lauren Boebert's divorce is funny — it also reveals why GOP men are doubling down on the misogyny" - by Amanda Marcotte

"This time, it comes from Rep. Lauren Boebert of Colorado, a biological human being who nonetheless sounds exactly like ChatGPT channeling a Breitbart comment section."
:rofl:
Boebert built her career on sanctimonious, though often incoherent, lectures on the supposed threats to the family of leftist sexual "depravities" like same-sex marriage or contraception use. She also filed for divorce last month, a fact that only got into the press this week. This follows other comical examples of Boebert's "family values," such as celebrating teen pregnancy or standing by her now-to-be ex-husband after he exposed himself to teen girls in a bowling alley.

Her choice to leave Jayson Boebert might be the first sign that there's functioning brain activity in Lauren Boebert's skull. As the bowling alley story suggests, the guy is a creep. He started dating then-Lauren Roberts when she was 16 and he was 22 years old. She dropped out of high school to give birth to their first child at 18. They got married two years later. During this time, he was arrested on domestic violence charges after a fight with her. In August, he was still at it, getting the cops called on him for reportedly threatening neighbors.

I would be interested in more background on Boebert's childhood. What kind of upbringing was she exposed to (no pun intended). Maybe her own parents and family were equally dysfunctional.

Didn't take long to find out. Her childhood was a mess. Apparently, and sadly, the pious apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.

Her childhood was a sad wreck

After conceding that this story is "tasty gossip", AM continues
But it's also a window into an aspect of red state life that hasn't been much discussed, one which is likely fueling the ugly surge in misogynist rhetoric and policy being pushed by Republicans, especially the men. The dark little secret of red state life is there's a lot of Lauren Boeberts out there: Conservative women who disavow feminism, but, when given a shot at more independence for themselves, gladly use hard-won rights like divorce and abortion. Republican men are getting increasingly angry about even this minor loss of control over women.

The results are ugly. A sexual predator is the frontrunner for the Republican nomination. Abortion bans keep getting passed, despite being wildly unpopular. And now there's even a GOP push to make it harder for people — mostly women — to file for divorce.
Then on how the age of a woman on her wedding day has climbed over the decades from 20 in 1950 to nearly 29 in 2022. It's stronger in blue states, but not by very much. The age of first giving birth has risen to about 30 in 2022, also more in blue states, but also not by very much.
All of this is because American women, whether they live in liberal or conservative communities, have decided it's best to have a strong measure of personal independence. Women now outnumber men in the college-educated labor force. Two-thirds of mothers are breadwinners or co-breadwinners for their family, with 41% of mothers being the primary or sole breadwinner. Nearly a quarter of children live in a single parent household — and most of those are single mothers.

As anyone who is connected to conservative communities could tell you, conservative women may denounce feminism, but still feel it's important to be self-sufficient. The story they tell themselves is that it's not political, but pragmatic: Finding a good man is hard. It's safer and smarter to be able to take care of yourself and keep your options open. Life without men is often, frankly, easier. Statistics even show that single mothers have more free time than married mothers.
Marjorie Taylor Greene mocked over her definition of a woman – the ‘weaker sex’ created from Adam’s rib

Ron Filipkowski on Twitter: "Marge Greene: “I’m going to tell you right now what is a woman .. We came from Adam’s rib .. We are the weaker sex, but we are our husband’s wife.” (vid link)" / Twitter

But she also has gotten divorced, and she also has a new partner.

Unsurprisingly, male leaders of the GOP do not view it as merely an apolitical expression of "independence" when conservative women make use of hard-won women's rights. Instead, they're reacting like Jayson Boebert flipping his lid on a process server handing him divorce papers, i.e. they are not happy about it.
Thus, hard-line anti-abortionism.
In many cases, female Republican leaders seem downright stunned at how extremist their male counterparts are on this issue. In South Carolina, for instance, female Republicans in the Senate joined with Democrats to block an abortion ban, often acting as if it just occurred to them that all this anti-abortion talk from their party was serious.
Republicans are also reconsidering no-fault divorce, even though it has been legal in most states for decades. Amanda Marcotte: "70% of divorces in the U.S. are initiated by women."
A lot of the culture war issues that wind up Republicans are, to them, mostly abstractions: Drag shows they don't go to, "woke" pop culture they don't consume, books about racism they don't read, cosmopolitan lifestyles in big cities they don't visit. But, when it comes to gender and power, the struggle is keenly felt, even in Republican households.

Marjorie Taylor Greene mocked over her definition of a woman – the ‘weaker sex’
The whole "weaker sex" thing is nuts.

Sure, on average, men are physically stronger than women. Maybe that was even important back in the palaeolithic era.

But there's a HUGE overlap, and many men are far weaker physically than their partners, or even than the average woman.

And it really doesn't matter. I can't fight for shit, in fact I cry if I'm hit, but as Kevin Bloody Wilson notes, that need not be an impediment to the establishment of a sexual relationship with any woman, if one is possessed of other characteristics that they consider more important in a modern societal context.

(Very NSFW)

And apparently her soon to be ex is an abuser and she's helping protect him.

And the police likewise--that should have been an arresting.

Boebert on birth control: ‘It’s cheaper to have a kid’ | The Hill
Boebert asked a witness — pharmacist owner Kevin J. Duane — whether he frequently sees people leaving prescriptions at the counter because they can’t afford them.

“I left a prescription at a pharmacy once. I went to get birth control,” she said. “And I was there at the counter and went to pay for it, and the price was very, very high. I said, ‘Wow, is this a three-, six-month prescription?’ ‘No ma’am, this is one month’ And I said, ‘It’s cheaper to have a kid,’ and I left it there.”

“And now I have my third son, Kaydon Boebert,” she added. “It turned out to be a really great thing. But I personally experienced that when times were tough.”

Some video:
The Recount on Twitter: "Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-CO): “I left a prescription at a pharmacy once. I went to get birth control … The price was very, very high ... And I said, 'It’s cheaper to have a kid.' And I left it there, and now I have my third son.” (vid link)" / Twitter
then
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "And then she voted against the right to contraception so she could double this problem and give it to the next person" / Twitter

AOC Mocks Boebert Claim Birth Control Costs More Than Kid, Cites Her Votes
She appears to be referring to the unsuccessful Right to Contraception Act, which was co-sponsored by Ocasio-Cortez in the last Congress. It would have protected a person's ability to access and use contraceptives and to access information about contraception.

Boebert was among the 195 Republicans who voted against it. The bill was passed by the House but was blocked by Republicans in the Senate, and didn't become law.

In July 2022, President Joe Biden's administration said it strongly supported the bill in the wake of the decision in Dobbs, which overturned Roe v. Wade.

"After the overruling of Roe, which rested on the fundamental right to privacy in matters of health, bodily autonomy, and family, it has never been more important to protect and expand access to family planning services," his administration said in a statement.
noting
Cosponsors - H.R.8373 - 117th Congress (2021-2022): Right to Contraception Act | Congress.gov | Library of Congress
and
SAP H.R. 8373 - 2022-07-18_hr8373.pdf
"The Administration strongly supports House passage of H.R. 8373, the Right to Contraception Act, to protect the right to contraception."

Lauren Boebert suggests she had her third son because birth control was too expensive | Daily Mail Online - "The Oversight hearing targeted pharmacy benefit managers - middlemen who go between health insurance providers and prescription drug manufacturers"

That kid’s not gonna have any kind of complex about being cheaper than a pill, nosiree.

Lauren Boebert seeks $34.3 million in earmarks — after slamming earmarks as ‘corrupt’ - Raw Story - Celebrating 19 Years of Independent Journalism
But the lawmakers — many members of the far-right House Freedom Caucus that demanded concessions from House Speaker Kevin McCarthy such as cuts to federal spending before handing him the gavel — are still hoping to bring money back to their constituents for projects including road and bridge construction, coastal and ecosystem restoration, airport upgrades, first responder mental health services and replacement of local law enforcement vehicles.

Of the more than 5,000 direct spending requests from House members — now referred to as Community Project Funding — GOP members account for 1,864 requests, adding up to nearly $10.2 billion.

Rep. Matt Gaetz of Florida, who demanded that his debt ceiling vote hinge on expediting new work rules for low-income Americans who receive food and health care benefits, submitted a single earmark request for $141.5 million for a helicopter training hangar at a Naval air base in Milton, Florida.

Colorado’s Rep. Lauren Boebert, a leader among the House Freedom Caucus members, submitted 10 requests totaling $34.3 million. The office of the lawmaker, who previously criticized earmarks as “corrupt,” did not respond for comment but referred States Newsroom to an op-ed she published explaining her reasoning for requesting road, water and sewer earmarks for her district.
LB herself: Boebert: I helped fix earmarks; now I’m fighting for new Colorado infrastructure projects | AspenTimes.com
For decades, Congress used earmarks to buy votes for midnight, trillion-dollar spending bills and other wasteful spending. Taxpayer dollars were wasted on things like the $223 million “Bridge to Nowhere” and the $50 million indoor rainforest. Several members of Congress and dozens of lobbyists were even indicted and went to prison for earmark corruption in the early 2000s.
Then slamming Nancy Pelosi for getting $200M for lavish hotels and a golf course in her neighborhood.
These are some of the reasons a handful of my Republican colleagues and I took action this January to make historic changes to the House rules, including the earmark process.

As a result of our historic changes, I am now able to fight for important infrastructure projects for the 3rd Congressional District of Colorado.
Then a lot of road projects and water-infrastructure ones.

She claims that earmarks are now constrained by these rules:
  • Each project must have a federal nexus and be authorized by Congress.
  • Submissions for museums, memorials, and commemoratives — and projects like the “Michelle Obama trail” — are prohibited from project funding.
  • Accounts that were all significantly abused in the past — including the Financial Services and General Government, Defense, Health and Human Services, Education, and Labor accounts — are prohibited from project funding.
  • Priority funding will be used for real infrastructure, water and sewer improvements, rural and economic development, and public safety projects.
  • Earmarks will not exceed 0.5% of all discretionary spending.
  • Members must certify that they and their immediate families have no financial interest in projects.
  • For-profit entities are not eligible for project funding.
  • Requests must be publicly posted online for transparency.
Other important rules changes made in January include: Representatives now have at least 72 hours to read bills, we are only considering single subject legislation, we are set to fund the government as intended by passing 12 individual appropriations bills through regular order, and we are debating and allowing amendments from Members on all sides of the political spectrum.

She didn't arrive in time for the vote on that bill, and she later called her action a protest vote
I can't help but wonder what she was doing during the hour before the voting ended.
Getting her nails done?

Banging the pool boy?
Tom

Back
Top Bottom