• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Left Wing Terrorism

The idea that Nazis could have been fought without dismantling the police and prison system they notoriously put in place is pretty fucking ridiculous too, come to think of it. No, Heinrich Himmler's police force wasn't just left in place, it was almost entirely deconstructed, and the vast majority of those individuals imprisoned by the regime were absolved of their "crimes", if they survived long enough for that to happen.

They really ought to cover the post-war period in schools, it's amazing what some grown-ass adults don't know about American and European history.

The idea that Nazis could have been fought without dismantling the police and prison system they notoriously put in place is pretty fucking ridiculous too, come to think of it. No, Heinrich Himmler's police force wasn't just left in place, it was almost entirely deconstructed, and the vast majority of those individuals imprisoned by the regime were absolved of their "crimes", if they survived long enough for that to happen.

They really ought to cover the post-war period in schools, it's amazing what some grown-ass adults don't know about American and European history.
Indeed. The military defeat of Germany wasn't the end of fighting naziism; In many ways it was the beginning.

We already know what a military defeat of Germany looks like, when the subsequent peace isn't dominated by a dismantling and replacement of the state apparatus - it looks like a bunch of nazis starting World War II.

Tom Lehrer said:
Once all the Germans were warlike and mean,
But that couldn't happen again,
We taught them a lesson, in nineteen eighteen,
And they've hardly bothered us since then...

Yup.
What some people don’t seem to grasp is that “ winning the peace” is harder and just as ( if not more so)important (than winning the war.

The idea that Nazis could have been fought without dismantling the police and prison system they notoriously put in place is pretty fucking ridiculous too, come to think of it.
Oh please. Manuel Teran and the other police/prison abolitionists want(ed) to abolish policing and prisons in the US, not Nazi Germany.
Can you at least admit that this position is incredibly stupid?

No, Heinrich Himmler's police force wasn't just left in place, it was almost entirely deconstructed, and the vast majority of those individuals imprisoned by the regime were absolved of their "crimes", if they survived long enough for that to happen.
And yet, Germany has had a police force and prisons during the Allied occupation and also when the two German states were established.

Who doesn't know history? I am well acquainted with history.
My point is that police/prison abolition movement, which is a big part of Stop Cop City, is completely idiotic. Why is it so hard for you to admit that?

Yup.
What some people don’t seem to grasp is that “ winning the peace” is harder and just as ( if not more so)important (than winning the war.
Oh, we grasp that. But winning the war is a necessary condition to even be able to attempt to win the peace.

The idea that Nazis could have been fought without dismantling the police and prison system they notoriously put in place is pretty fucking ridiculous too, come to think of it.
Oh please. Manuel Teran and the other police/prison abolitionists want(ed) to abolish policing and prisons in the US, not Nazi Germany.

No, Heinrich Himmler's police force wasn't just left in place, it was almost entirely deconstructed, and the vast majority of those individuals imprisoned by the regime were absolved of their "crimes", if they survived long enough for that to happen.
And yet, Germany has had a police force and prisons during the Allied occupation and also when the two German states were established.

Who doesn't know history? I am well acquainted with history.
My point is that police/prison abolition movement, which is a big part of Stop Cop City, is completely idiotic. Why is it so hard for you to admit that?
A movement you do not understand in the slightest, despite its having been explained to you before. The name of the movement spells out exactly what their aims are, it isn't some mystery.

A movement you do not understand in the slightest, despite its having been explained to you before.
I certainly understand it better than the apologists who insist that they do not really mean what they say.

But I'll play ball. Explain to me what Teran meant with "the abolitionist mission isn’t done until every prison is empty" and "when there are no more cops, when the land has been given back, that’s when it’s over".
Or, for that matter, explain to me how areas of camp where whiteys are not allowed to be in is compatible with "progressive" values.

A movement you do not understand in the slightest, despite its having been explained to you before.
I certainly understand it better than the apologists who insist that they do not really mean what they say.

But I'll play ball. Explain to me what Teran meant with "the abolitionist mission isn’t done until every prison is empty" and "when there are no more cops, when the land has been given back, that’s when it’s over".
Or, for that matter, explain to me how areas of camp where whiteys are not allowed to be in is compatible with "progressive" values.
Thing is, you do actually know what they're protesting, you spelled it out yourself in the OP. I'm not going to waste more of my time bickering with a guy who's only playing dumb. If they're "terrorists", the police are obviously winning. Teran is dead and cannot speak for himself any further. Go home and sleep well tonight, content that everyone with actual power is doing as you would have them do. The good guys are on top of things.

Of course it is. It's even more stupid to think anyone should give a crap about those idiots.

The idea that Nazis could have been fought without dismantling the police and prison system they notoriously put in place is pretty ... ridiculous too, come to think of it. No, Heinrich Himmler's police force wasn't just left in place, it was almost entirely deconstructed, and the vast majority of those individuals imprisoned by the regime were absolved of their "crimes", if they survived long enough for that to happen.

The Allies didn't "dismantle" the system; they took control of it. The British occupiers even guillotined dozens of German common criminals after convicting them of capital crimes under German law because that was the legislated German method of execution.

An Antifa activist has been charged with setting a bomb at the Alabama Attorney General's office a few months ago.

Alabama man charged with detonating explosive device outside state attorney general's office
NBC News said:
An Alabama man was arrested and indicted this week on charges that he detonated an explosive device outside the Alabama attorney general's office in late February, the U.S. Justice Department announced Wednesday.
Kyle Benjamin Douglas Calvert, 26, of Irondale, was charged with malicious use of an explosive and possession of an unregistered destructive device, the Justice Department said.
[...]
"That device had the characteristics of an IED, and Calvert added a substantial number of nails and other shrapnel to increase its destructive capability," a U.S. attorney's office wrote in detention memo filed Wednesday, using the initialism for an improvised explosive device.
[...]
The memo alleges that law enforcement officers found that the suspect also placed stickers on state buildings "advocating for various political ideologies" the night of the explosion, including stickers promoting antifa, anti-police and anti-Immigration and Customs Enforcement sentiments.
Calvert has expressed his “belief that violence should be directed against the government, and he has described his inability to control his own violent, aggressive impulses," the memo added.

I thought these antifas were working for the deep state and always got a pass. Here we have one that advocates for violence against the government and that is being prosecuted by the federal justice department. Interesting.

First, to ground this discussion in reality, observe that
  • Terrorists and drug-crazed psychotics are different ilks.
Keep that thought in mind as we read on.

An Antifa activist has been charged with setting a bomb at the Alabama Attorney General's office a few months ago.

Antifa, hunh? I suppose you think Timothy McVeigh, Charles Manson, and David Berkowitz were all left-wing Antifa-card-carrying terrorists too.

NBC News said:
Calvert has expressed his “belief that violence should be directed against the government, and he has described his inability to control his own violent, aggressive impulses," the memo added.

Derec himself quotes a source that the culprit here was a deranged, possibly psychotic, brat and decides to transform him into a cold-blooded Antifa killer! Self-parody.

Is the Ilk aware that the FBI has declared right-wing terrorism to be the biggest criminal threat America faces, bigger than foreign-based terrorists, certainly bigger than "left-wing terrorism"?
@Derec -- what do you think of such claims by the FBI? I'll make it an easy multiple-choice:
  • Yes, yes, we all know right-wing terrorism is the big threat. That's why we need to blame the Left for any psychotic who isn't obviously right-wing: To keep discussion Fair and Balanced™.
  • Some of those FBI supervisors were appointed during left-wing Administrations and can't be trusted.
  • The FBI has been co-opted by Soros, AOC and other Jew-hating traitors. The whole organization should be replaced with MAGA heads.
  • Help me find this alleged FBI claim. How do you spell Googol?
Blah blah. Not every thread is or should be about him. Take your hobby horsing to one of the myriad Trump threads.
Is it your claim that Joe Biden or AOC incited the violence in Atlanta?
I never claimed that. So what's with the straw man?
Although I would not be surprised if the jumped-up barmaid were to tweet something stupid about this.

"Jumped-up barmaid"?? Wash your mouth out with soap!

I thought these antifas were working for the deep state and always got a pass. Here we have one that advocates for violence against the government and that is being prosecuted by the federal justice department. Interesting.
I mean, he did try to kill Americans. Most people draw a line there, regardless of party. It's one thing to kill foreigners, but killing an American, especially a white American, is a line few are willing to cross be they "right" or "left" in other respects. I've yet to hear of anyone defending Calvert's actions at all, and do not expect to.

Alabama man charged with detonating explosive device outside state attorney general's office
NBC News said:
An Alabama man was arrested and indicted this week on charges that he detonated an explosive device outside the Alabama attorney general's office in late February, the U.S. Justice Department announced Wednesday.
Kyle Benjamin Douglas Calvert, 26, of Irondale, was charged with malicious use of an explosive and possession of an unregistered destructive device, the Justice Department said.
[...]
"That device had the characteristics of an IED, and Calvert added a substantial number of nails and other shrapnel to increase its destructive capability," a U.S. attorney's office wrote in detention memo filed Wednesday, using the initialism for an improvised explosive device.
[...]
The memo alleges that law enforcement officers found that the suspect also placed stickers on state buildings "advocating for various political ideologies" the night of the explosion, including stickers promoting antifa, anti-police and anti-Immigration and Customs Enforcement sentiments.
Glad that no one was hurt and the person responsible has been apprehended.

The day before Easter, Pastor Matt Baker of the Trinity Christian Academy in Lake Worth, Florida, emailed the school community to inform them that he was canceling Autism Awareness Week because “the teachings and actions of my Jesus are fully able to do all that this program intends to achieve and so much more.”

“Anything that teaches our children to have their identity in anything other than Christ is idolatry and demonic,” he declared, as first reported by WPTV.

Baker wanted to make sure there was no room for doubt regarding his edict.

“Let me repeat myself just so I am not quoted out of context: any philosophy, teaching, or program that teaches our precious children that their identity is found in anything other than Christ is idolatry and demonic. Period.”

The pastor was repeatedly using a word that the parent of an autistic kindergartener considers hate speech.

“As a Christian, I consider being called demonic probably the worst thing you can be called,” Andrea Gallik, mother of 6-year-old Miles, told The Daily Beast on Monday.

It was all the more shocking because the school had been so warm and welcoming to her son.

“It just, it broke my heart,” Gallik said. “As far as the staff and teachers there, everyone has been so kind and loving.”
Wutta fucking asshole...

The day before Easter, Pastor Matt Baker of the Trinity Christian Academy in Lake Worth, Florida, emailed the school community to inform them that he was canceling Autism Awareness Week because “the teachings and actions of my Jesus are fully able to do all that this program intends to achieve and so much more.”

“Anything that teaches our children to have their identity in anything other than Christ is idolatry and demonic,” he declared, as first reported by WPTV.

Baker wanted to make sure there was no room for doubt regarding his edict.

“Let me repeat myself just so I am not quoted out of context: any philosophy, teaching, or program that teaches our precious children that their identity is found in anything other than Christ is idolatry and demonic. Period.”

The pastor was repeatedly using a word that the parent of an autistic kindergartener considers hate speech.

“As a Christian, I consider being called demonic probably the worst thing you can be called,” Andrea Gallik, mother of 6-year-old Miles, told The Daily Beast on Monday.

It was all the more shocking because the school had been so warm and welcoming to her son.

“It just, it broke my heart,” Gallik said. “As far as the staff and teachers there, everyone has been so kind and loving.”
Wutta fucking asshole...

Worst left wing terrorist ever.

Back
Top Bottom