• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Leftists caught framing Republicans with Tiki Torch Stunt

How do we know the Tiki torch protest wasn't set up by Trump supporters with the intention of framing Democrats to look like they had set up a false colors protest?

The arithmetic gets complicated because it's not certain if a falsified false flag operation is a true flag operation, or it's still false.
Because somebody already took credit.

The Lincoln Project was tweeting about how this proves something or another about Youngkin and his supporters - until it was proven that some of the people in that picture were Democrat activists. Then, after the fact, they said this was to demonstrate something or another instead.

They were caught with their pants down, came up with an excuse, and you willingly and eagerly believe it because the alternative is to admit this was a sleazy move on the part of those you would no doubt consider allies.

It is unbelievable that the centrist group Lincoln Project was claiming with a straight face that the African American man in that photo was a white supremacist.

Life is not a Dave Chapelle--Clayton Bigsby skit.

Leftists already called Larry Elder 'the black face of white supremacy' so I can well believe they would think nothing of sending a black man as a white supremacist.
Larry Elder said that himself.

Because somebody already took credit.
Truthfully, or falsely?
Why would the Lincoln Project falsely claim credit, and what makes you think that's a possibility?
A better question is, should we believe them? If a false flag tactic is a real thing, why can't falsely claiming a false flag tactic be a thing as well.

An even better question, is the Youngkin campaign upset because someone tried to associate them with racist Trumpler Youth organization, or it is because they couldn't get real racist Trumpler Youth to stand up for their campaign?

Has anyone checked to see how Youngkin feels about genuine racist tiki torch carriers, some of whom are good people?

This fake news is pretty crazy but I can see why conservative media including social media is focusing on constructing a narrative that
  • Republicans were being framed;
  • It was "The Left" doing it.

It's rather tiring to keep explaining to people who just want to engage in continuing right-wing propaganda rather than listening to Reason, but I'll try one more time. The Lincoln Project engaged in a stunt to get people to mentally associate the Republican candidate with the Unite the Right Rally and that's because in their minds the candidate is in fact mentally associated with those persons, not having disavowed them or Trump's both sides argument. Nobody was being framed since it was obvious that these were demonstrators showing this association, not actual members of Unite the Right. Of course one or two of the demonstrators might be Democrats, but that has no bearing on anything since no one was trying to frame Republicans.

The Lincoln Project is not The Left--they are anti-Trump conservatives. One could try to call them centrists or moderates, but their ideology is actually conservatism. What's more--the Lincoln Project clarified their stunt THE SAME DAY that it happened, i.e. the same day that conservative news and social media tried to out a conspiracy of "Democrat operatives," framing Republicans.

What should be very telling about this story is all the outrage and faux fingerpointing while IGNORING the actual issue that the Republican candidate refused to disavow the both sides argument. Pro-Trump Republicans, conservatives, conservolibertarians, and other assorted Qarens cannot by nature deal with the actual issue because the actual issue is that a large contingent of their party is racist. Confederate flag waving, screaming about BLM, the Jews Will Not Replace Us racists. It was the whole Southern Strategy to get votes and Trump doubled down on it.

So, why does this faux narrative have legs? It's because right now there is an election. That's the bottom line.

Hey, any tactic is fair. After all, Youngkin is a dangerous far-right nutter who wants parents to have some say in their children's education, a viewpoint so eye-bleedingly absurd McAuliffe had to point out the obvious:

“I’m not going to let parents come into schools and actually take books out and make their own decision,” McAuliffe said. “I don’t think parents should be telling schools what they should teach.”
Agreed. Your average Joe and Jane Blow are no more qualified to be making decisions on school curriculum than they are on the safety of vaccinations. They should stick to what the know: screwing widgets together and making meatloaf. Then maybe, just maybe their kids will enjoy a better lot in life than mom and dad.
I encourage Democrats to keep attacking parents concerned about what their kids are taught in school. It's a winning strategy.
Yeah. If they want creationism and flat earth taught in schools then so be it. We don't need elected school boards either. Each parent determines individual exactly the curriculum for their kid. Perfect system that.

Hey, any tactic is fair. After all, Youngkin is a dangerous far-right nutter who wants parents to have some say in their children's education, a viewpoint so eye-bleedingly absurd McAuliffe had to point out the obvious:

“I’m not going to let parents come into schools and actually take books out and make their own decision,” McAuliffe said. “I don’t think parents should be telling schools what they should teach.”
Agreed. Your average Joe and Jane Blow are no more qualified to be making decisions on school curriculum than they are on the safety of vaccinations. They should stick to what the know: screwing widgets together and making meatloaf. Then maybe, just maybe their kids will enjoy a better lot in life than mom and dad.
I encourage Democrats to keep attacking parents concerned about what their kids are taught in school. It's a winning strategy.
Yeah. If they want creationism and flat earth taught in schools then so be it. We don't need elected school boards either. Each parent determines individual exactly the curriculum for their kid. Perfect system that.
We probably shouldn’t even have state run schools at all. People can either pay for private schools, with curricula they agree with, or home school their kids. Isn’t that how America achieved greatness in the first place? I’m sure that our future will be in better hands if we return to such a system. Right??

Yes, please. Keep calling parents stupid. Winning!

The Lincoln Project was tweeting about how this proves something or another about Youngkin and his supporters - until it was proven that some of the people in that picture were Democrat activists. Then, after the fact, they said this was to demonstrate something or another instead.

They were caught with their pants down, came up with an excuse, and you willingly and eagerly believe it because the alternative is to admit this was a sleazy move on the part of those you would no doubt consider allies.

It is unbelievable that the centrist group Lincoln Project was claiming with a straight face that the African American man in that photo was a white supremacist.

Life is not a Dave Chapelle--Clayton Bigsby skit.

Leftists already called Larry Elder 'the black face of white supremacy' so I can well believe they would think nothing of sending a black man as a white supremacist.
Larry Elder said that himself.
Said what? That the left called him that?

This is the LA Times article with the headline:

And the headline appears to have been inspired by a BLM leader:
Abdullah of Black Lives Matter: “Anytime you put a Black face on white supremacy, which is what Larry Elder is, there are people who will utilize that as an opportunity to deny white supremacy. They say, ‘How could this be white supremacy? This is a Black man.’ But everything that he’s pushing, everything that he stands for, he is advancing white supremacy.”

Larry Elder was very clearly making a tongue in cheek reference to the LA Times headline, unless you actually believe he originated the term 'the black face of white supremacy' for himself and means it unironically?

The left clearly does believe black people can be white supremacists, which makes Don2's claim that it was obviously a stunt because leftists would never send a black man to pretend to be a white supremacist, unsupported.

Larry Elder was very clearly making a tongue in cheek reference to the LA Times headline, unless you actually believe he originated the term 'the black face of white supremacy' for himself and means it unironically?

The left clearly does believe black people can be white supremacists, which makes Don2's claim that it was obviously a stunt because leftists would never send a black man to pretend to be a white supremacist, unsupported.

I didn't say anything about how he said it.

Anyone remember Umbrella Man and the guy who firebombed a police station. Both turned out to be rightwing assholes trying to frame BLMers and ANTIFA.

I didn't say anything about how he said it.

Then what was your post about when you said "Larry Elder said that himself"? So what if he did?

I know that there is considerable effort to deny the facts, but two of those people waving torches have been identified as being active in the Democratic Party.

Even if it was a Lincoln Project stunt, they used Democrats in their stunt.

They only took credit after the bad faith actors were revealed by internet sleuths. Before that, they were joining the general "look at what kind of people support Youngkin" rhetoric.

Two of the five people are known, publicly, as activists within the Democratic Party. Fact. Not fake news. Fact.

Since one can be a Democrat and not a leftist and since one can be a leftist but not a Democrat, the OP title and subsequent apologetics is nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom